DMN: Aikman on Pacman's Return: 'An absolute mistake'

superpunk

Reaction score
2much2soon;2442759 said:
Stats aside, I must of missed all those highlights of some TE running past Pacman to catch a TD followed by him shaking his head and pointing at the closest teammate in sight.

569this.gif

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Dallas;2442468 said:
Troy was an AWESOME talent eval guy.

David LaFleur !! Hello !!! Don't you remember him? He played lights out for Dallas.

Best TE ever.

Thanks Troy

Who signed the contract? Aikman?

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Bottom line, players want to win and Aikman is being a hypocrit.

Pacman has enough talent to help this team win. That is why we and Aikman put up with the Leon Letts and Playmakers of the world. As soon as Pacman pick 6 and return a PR to the house all will be forgiven especially if either of the aforementioned leads to a win at a crucial time.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
adbutcher;2442903 said:
Bottom line, players want to win and Aikman is being a hypocrit.

Pacman has enough talent to help this team win. That is why we and Aikman put up with the Leon Letts and Playmakers of the world. As soon as Pacman pick 6 and return a PR to the house all will be forgiven especially if either of the aforementioned leads to a win at a crucial time.

He won't be around long enough for him to help any one. Thank god.

superpunk

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2442911 said:
He won't be around long enough for him to help any one. Thank god.
Don't root against Cowboys players.

It's unbecoming.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
superpunk;2442917 said:
Don't root against Cowboys players.

It's unbecoming.

:laugh2: I'm not. I don't now and never will consider trash a Cowboy.

superpunk

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2442922 said:
:laugh2: I'm not. I don't now and never will consider trash a Cowboy.
It doesn't really matter what you consider him. He is a Cowboys player.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
superpunk;2442950 said:
It doesn't really matter what you consider him. He is a Cowboys player.

No he's not. Think about it. He's signed and suspended. Now he's back and dumb enough to be banned soon enough. He's a rental.

To each his own I guess.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
theogt;2442383 said:
He did exactly what the stats say he did. They don't lie, and they're not biased.
and seriously how many INT's did he drop? i remember at least 3. if he cathces them people are probably saying he's been as good as any CB this year. I think its part of the Newman hate syndrome... well not really hate but people criticized him in the past for not creating many turnovers while he has been one of the best CB's in the NFL!

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Why bring him back? Because after this week, he gets a paycheck.

jimmy40

Reaction score
ajk23az;2442292 said:
Aikman on Pacman's return: 'An absolute mistake'
6:58 AM Tue, Nov 25, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Troy Aikman visited Tim Brando's Sporting News Radio show on Monday and re-affirmed he doesn't have "Pacman Fever."

"I don't know why they are bringing him back," said Aikman, who will call Pacman's scheduled return for Fox on Dec. 7 in Pittsburgh. "I just think that is an absolute mistake. The players won't say it ...I sense players don't want him back...On the field he didn't help them in the return game, which is really where he was supposed to help them, and teams targeted him in pass defense. He was confused out there on the field. So there really isn't anything he did as a player that warranted another chance by the oraganzaztion or at least maybe taking another risk on him. Who knows maybe he comes back and helps this team. I just don't see it."

What the hell does Troy know? it's not like he ever studied film on defensive backs. Why listen to someone who has access to coach's film when we have guys here that can Tivo the television coverage?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
ajk23az;2442292 said:
Aikman on Pacman's return: 'An absolute mistake'
6:58 AM Tue, Nov 25, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

Troy Aikman visited Tim Brando's Sporting News Radio show on Monday and re-affirmed he doesn't have "Pacman Fever."

"I don't know why they are bringing him back," said Aikman, who will call Pacman's scheduled return for Fox on Dec. 7 in Pittsburgh. "I just think that is an absolute mistake. The players won't say it ...I sense players don't want him back...On the field he didn't help them in the return game, which is really where he was supposed to help them, and teams targeted him in pass defense. He was confused out there on the field. So there really isn't anything he did as a player that warranted another chance by the oraganzaztion or at least maybe taking another risk on him. Who knows maybe he comes back and helps this team. I just don't see it."

I agree 100%...I think it was dumb for them to bring him back. I wished Goodell would have continued the suspension.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2443282 said:
and seriously how many INT's did he drop? i remember at least 3. if he cathces them

He didn't.............just like the one's he didn't catch the last five games. Let's have those stats, please. I'll wait. Shouldn't take you long to type 'Nuttin'.

Da Hammer;2443282 said:
people are probably saying he's been as good as any CB this year.

But they can't. Why? 'Cause he didn't. So why did you waste your time posting nothing? Unbelieveable..............

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Da Hammer;2443282 said:
and seriously how many INT's did he drop? i remember at least 3. if he cathces them people are probably saying he's been as good as any CB this year. I think its part of the Newman hate syndrome... well not really hate but people criticized him in the past for not creating many turnovers while he has been one of the best CB's in the NFL!

Of those, only one made any difference at all.

He was toast way too often.

His best play was a forced fumble on a running play vs GB.

And he was downright awful on punt returns, which was the one thing I thought he'd really make an impact for us with.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jimmy40;2443309 said:
What the hell does Troy know? it's not like he ever studied film on defensive backs. Why listen to someone who has access to coach's film when we have guys here that can Tivo the television coverage?

I see what you did there

jrumann59

Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2442322 said:
As much as I like Troy the player, I distrust Troy the talent evaluator.

Eric Bjornson and David LaFluer ring a bell.:p:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
jrumann59;2443322 said:
Eric Bjornson and David LaFluer ring a bell.:p:

:rolleyes:

again, Troy had very little to do with drafting LaFleur. He threw footballs to him at a workout, which he showed very well in.

The guy was a top-10 rated prospect by Blesto. He looked like he was going to be a very good TE for a long time, then was done in by a back injury.