DMN Blog: 'Boys should be hiring an offensive line coach "pretty quickly."

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
If I had my choice, I woulld grab Russ Grimm. The stats may not show he improved the Cardinals OL. I live in Phoenix and have seen every Cardinal game (television) and the OL improved tremendously. Their biggest problems were not with the OL as much as it was with poor QB play, and their defense. They Cardinals finished 3 games better than last season and would have won 9 games had their kicker not missed a 25 yard FG in overtime. I didn't think anyone could improve that OL and Grimm did it.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
nyc;1911647 said:
I accept that someone said that in an interview. I do not dispute it one single bit. What I dispute is the fact that Houck was under contract.

Now, it's your turn to explain. Explain to me how Houck had a three-year contract that started in 2005 and lasted for three years (05', 06', and 07') yet he is still under contract in 08' without signing an extension?

Now, I'm not saying this is what happen. Tell me if it is at all possible that the person doing the interview made a mistake and Houck didn't want to make him sound like an idiot by correcting him?

I don't recall Houck being a big-time jerk when he was in Dallas.

You are changing the argument. Your initial point was to dispute whether Parcells fired Houck. You sarcastically replied that he couldn't be fired because he wasn't under contract. Then when evidence was provided showng that Parcells chose not renew Houck's contract, you then switched the argument to (parahrase) "I knew Houck wasn't wanted by Parcells but I was only arguing he wasn't under contract" Not so fast...you raised the contract issue to dispute the idea that Parcells didn't want him. You were trying to argue that Parcells could still retain him but wouldn't do so until his head coach and GM had been hired. Now you are trying to recover face by acting like you knew that but were only arguing that he wasn't under contract. Even if he wasn't under contract, you still lost the argument because you were tying to dispute the fact Parcells didn't want to retain him. Just admit you were wong and move on

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1911891 said:
Quite impressive Trick, did you have them saved for a time such as this?? :laugh2:

Of course... :D

Naaahhh... just did a quick search, but I have been PO'ed ever since he left... ;)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Houdson Houck sounds great, since we might need a wizard, Oline coach if Gurode is ever going to learn how to snap the ball

sago1

Reaction score
NFL Network is just reporting that the Cowboys have signed Hudson Houck as our OL coach. Glad to see we moved so fast as several other teams really interested in him. If we hadn't gotten HH, I would have opted for Solari, the former OC/OL coach in KC.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
sago1;1912109 said:
NFL Network is just reporting that the Cowboys have signed Hudson Houck as our OL coach. Glad to see we moved so fast as several other teams really interested in him. If we hadn't gotten HH, I would have opted for Solari, the former OC/OL coach in KC.
Jerry's a boob that doesn't know how to run a franchise! :eek: