DMN Blog: Breer: My Sleeper (Ray Rice)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nyc;1997165 said:
If you win the lottery, you've done well.

Rice a sleeper? What exactly does that mean? Does that mean Malcolm Kelly is a sleeper too? I mean, he won't go first overall, but he is still highly touted.

This was kind of the same thought I had when we had the draft chat with the guy on the board and he said Ray was a sleeper.

I really don't know how anyone could consider him a sleeper but than again I follow big east football.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1998564 said:
This was kind of the same thought I had when we had the draft chat with the guy on the board and he said Ray was a sleeper.

I really don't know how anyone could consider him a sleeper but than again I follow big east football.
I think most people consider him a "sleeper" because they look at him and say he's a sure fire 1st round pick running back, but everyone seems to slate him as a 2nd rounder for mock purposes.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;1998595 said:
I think most people consider him a "sleeper" because they look at him and say he's a sure fire 1st round pick running back, but everyone seems to slate him as a 2nd rounder for mock purposes.

Maybe that is the idea they are using.

When I think sleeper I think of a later round draft guy...like a second day guy. Who is not though highly of but could come in and be a steal once he gets some pro exp.

I guess it is what ever your opinion is on it.

ndanger

Reaction score
All I know is the guy gained 4,926 yards on 910 carries, got 49 touchdowns and DID NOT FUMBLE ONE TIME ! You kidding me? Zero fumbles in 910 carries.That kid can be on my team any time.I would move up in second if I had too to get him.Zero fumbles in 910 attempts, now that is freakin' off the hook.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;1998503 said:
How is Ray Rice a sleeper?

Anyways - I love the guy + would be very happy if we snagged him in the second round.

Maybe it is because we follow Big East football.

For us to have that respect for a team that our teams play against says something to me.

I would take the guy in a heartbeat and be happy.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Ray Rice isn't going to bust out many 70 yard runs but if there's a crease he'll find it. Split backfield with Barber and Rice in the red zone should cause teams some difficulty.