DMN Blog: Cowboys expecting horrible conditions at Heinz Field

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HowAboutThemCowboys;2455783 said:
Maybe if they wouldnt play so many games on there it would hold up better. Sounds like the high schools play on it also.

Not only that but they share it with the Pitt Panthers.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
That litter box they call a feild is an embarrasment to the league.

Of course the NFL is not going to make them do anything about it, they practically rigged a SuperBowl for the Steelers so the NFL is not going to say JACK to them.

juck

Reaction score
they should cover it now,we didnt get the snow yet,was dry today.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Loved the Dolphins game at Hienz last year where a punted ball hit the turf and just stuck in the gorund nose up.

kmd24

Reaction score
THUMPER;2455659 said:
They never did with Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia and that field was dangerous! It was so bad that they actually canceled a pre-season game there.

Yeah, I remember Wendell Davis of the Bears tearing *both* patella tendons running a post route on the turf there in 1993. The injuries effectively ended his career.

Route 66

Reaction score
The problem with that type of field will require Barber to use his toes even more.

Everson24

Reaction score
goshan;2455852 said:
I don't think we will be able to run the ball at all. So we need to come up with some 'mud friendly' passing plays.

You're right. I dont see us running early in the game. It will be a lot like last years Vikings game where we ran late but did nothing in the first half.