DMN Blog:Cowboys will have two-a-week workouts

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2397235 said:
I think the point that's loss is that this team is pretty banged up. A couple extra days to heal up isn't going to hurt.

I think that's been considered by most people. It's the 'feel free to go and do whatever' part that pisses me off. Going to VR and studying film all week accomplishes two things.....first, they might not be so 'confused' as Brandon Jacobs put it. Secondly, they can heal. Going to cancun doesn't do that. I think we're beyond the point where the coaches can trust these players to 'do the right thing'.

Week two, however, they need to be on the field...and hitting.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
"To get something you've never had, in this case post season success (Wade), you have to do something you've never done (whip some players into shape)."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hoofbite;2397253 said:
No. But neither would a couple extra days practicing tackling.
I agree for certain members, but we're nine games into the season and half the guys who played yesterday are banged up. If half the team is in the trainer's room healing up dings and bruises, maybe that'll heal 'em and help them tackle better.

It's a stretchI know. I know we focus on the guys who have been inactive, but the list is twice as long for those have been playing beat up.

Gurode (ankle)
Flo (stinger and hand)
Tank (ankle)
Bradie (elbow)
Witten (ribs)
Barber (ribs)
L. Davis (and whatever took him out of the game yesterday)
K. Davis (I forget, but he's dinged)
Watkins (neck)
Henry

and whoever else is prolly beat up

utrunner07

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2397143 said:
The Cowboys have a long list of things that need fixing but not much time to work this week. That's because Wade Phillips has scheduled practices for only Wednesday and Thursday.

Your pathetic Phillips, how in the hell can this even happen? These players need to be out there every day of the bye just to learn how to stay onsides!!!!

I am this close to being done with this team for the season. I can not take much more of this bull.

Oh yeah, and screw the self absorbed, egotistical, ignorant owner that brought this clown in as head coach.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
Sounds like Wade is already thinking about Turkey Day. He is primed and ready to swallow another turkey. Adda Baby, Get'em Coach.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
we're 8 weeks into the football season, a vacation is NOT what they need. This is the time of year that a team should start hitting its stride, not stumbling over itself.

I hate to say it, but this is an awful move. Wade's way may be more fun, but it's soft creampuff crap and it's having just that effect on the players

Shaun

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2397211 said:
Who cares. It shouldn't be like this for the bye. What has the team done to deserve any sort of relax time.

They should go 2 times per day for the whole week.

Right. Full contact and hitting through next Friday.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
okay i surprised some people i think when i defended him for the first time saying maybe giving them a couple days off maybe wasnt a totally bad idea but now this is ridiculous he's going give them the weekend off too??????? ah u know wat im just going to stay quiet...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2397199 said:
Anyone else just scared ****less that Jerry won't fired Wade.

I mean, even if this year went straight to the toilet, what if Jerry really likes Wade and won't fire the guy?

not selling out games or luxury boxes has a strange way to motivate an owner

he might not get it today...but if they lose a couple more times, he's going to have national TV prime time disasters with 1000's of empty seats and boo birds going wild for NYG and Baltimore to close the stadium...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The players have today and tomorrow off and will get a three-day weekend, when they'll be free to make get-away trips without drawing Wade's wrath as long as they stay out of trouble.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2397356 said:
The players have today and tomorrow off and will get a three-day weekend, when they'll be free to make get-away trips without drawing Wade's wrath as long as they stay out of trouble.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
i would have laughed hard at that as well if it wasnt for me just being speechless at how bad Wade is ruining this team...

slick325

Reaction score
Change may be necessary Wade. You admit that no other team you have coached has had as many issues as this current bunch yet you want to continue to do what you've always done?

"If you keep doing what you've always done, you will continue to get what you always got." - Agent Anthony DiNozzo NCIS

Wade, you haven't won a playoff game doing things the way you always do things. :bang2:

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
Wade's coached how many years doing this without winning a playoff game? Now wouldn't be a good chance to shake things up?

I'm not saying take the squad to SeaWorld, and they shouldn't be practiced too hard either, injuries are bad enough. But maybe, just maybe, use some of the time to get folks' heads straight rather than just plodding away?

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
After reading this report, excuse me............

.....http://i7.***BLOCKED***/albums/y270/Bonecrusher31/suicideavie.gif

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't think the time off would hurt but they had better come back on fire. This is a iffy thing Wade. They don't need to hit. They're beat up enough. They should be challenged on tackling. And for God's sake Campo get them schooled on how to cover those stacked WRs.

lgarcia792002

Reaction score
Not even a 16/0 team gets this kinda bye/ This is funny... MEN everything is working like Wade ---soft---- nice--- and laid back.. Seems like the players=== coaches everything ===gets to do what they want...If the players and coaches do care-- they should be at valley ranch volunterly working on things.. fOR THE TYPE OF MONEY THEY MAKE GOSH I THINK I MYSELF WOULD HAND OVER MY UNDESERVED PAY CHECK BACK !!!!!!!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
lgarcia792002;2397436 said:
Not even a 16/0 team gets this kinda bye/ This is funny... MEN everything is working like Wade ---soft---- nice--- and laid back.. Seems like the players=== coaches everything ===gets to do what they want...If the players and coaches do care-- they should be at valley ranch volunterly working on things.. fOR THE TYPE OF MONEY THEY MAKE GOSH I THINK I MYSELF WOULD HAND OVER MY UNDESERVED PAY CHECK BACK !!!!!!!

I'm sure you had a point to make, but who could read it?