DMN Blog:Cowboys will have two-a-week workouts

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2399437 said:
They could have always shown a little oomph, who is to say they haven't been and are still playing awful. Things weren't exactly sunshine and rainbows before this weekend.
I agree, but I don't see that going hard on an already beat up team is the answer.

The point I'm making about meetings is the team's practice schedules are always published, but their meeting schedules aren't. As of now, we know when they're supposed to hit the field, not necessarily when they're to have meetings. We know they're off Friday thru Sunday. That doesn't preclude them from having meetings and film sessions in the interim.

My thinking though is that Proctor shouldn't go to the end of the bench, if you want quality depth, then Porctor should still be sitting down and going over stuff after getting a chance to actually play, instead of just having hypotheticals "If you see this, what do you do?" now he can say, "I saw this, and did this, how would you have done it?".

Everytime someone gets hurt on that line, it's like the apocolypse, no one is ever ready to step in.
My comment about Proctor is a joke. He's been serviceable and about what you expect from a backup. It's the starter's on the line that's been disconcerting. Not sure where I read it, but it said Kosier helped Gurode out on line calls. Who knows, but that would provide almost as big a boost as Romo, IMO.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2399424 said:
I understand that. I really do. But when the team is beat up as much as it is, it's hard for me to yell "Bench this guy!" "Cut this guy!" "Fire this guy!"

Do I think there should be changes? Yes. I don't think a mass overhaul is the answer.

That's because you're too level-headed and rational to join the mob. Most people aren't.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2399454 said:
I agree, but I don't see that going hard on an already beat up team is the answer.

I don't think film work is going hard, I'd think you can heal as well in a classroom as you can in your house unless you have a lower-body injury that makes getting to the facility difficult.

WoodysGirl;2399454 said:
The point I'm making about meetings is the team's practice schedules are always published, but their meeting schedules aren't. As of now, we know when they're supposed to hit the field, not necessarily when they're to have meetings. We know they're off Friday thru Sunday. That doesn't preclude them from having meetings and film sessions in the interim.

My comment about Proctor is a joke. He's been serviceable and about what you expect from a backup. It's the starter's on the line that's been disconcerting. Not sure where I read it, but it said Kosier helped Gurode out on line calls. Who knows, but that would provide almost as big a boost as Romo, IMO.

Maybe your right and they just didn't include that they would be meeting, or parts of the team would be meeting. My main problem is that I don't think there is any one individual that needs practice, the team just really needs to function as a team in my mind, and you can't do that on your own.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TheCount;2399462 said:
I don't think film work is going hard, I'd think you can heal as well in a classroom as you can in your house unless you have a lower-body injury that makes getting to the facility difficult.
I was referring to those pushing two-a-day practices during the bye week.

Maybe your right and they just didn't include that they would be meeting, or parts of the team would be meeting. My main problem is that I don't think there is any one individual that needs practice, the team just really needs to function as a team in my mind, and you can't do that on your own.
I can understand that. I don't see three days off on the weekend as a detriment to what they need to do to function as a team, though.

arync

Reaction score
and what if they hold 2 a days until the skins game and still come out and lose. Extra work isn't what this team needs it needs rest and focus

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2399382 said:
Even if the coach doesn't REQUIRE them, these guys can't do a little homework of their own? I'm sure they all have laptops and are given DVDs of game film.

maybe they can put them on their iPhones and watch them on the beach or during TV commercials or something. it's not like their livelihood depends on a win or a loss either.

the free-passes never stop in Dallas.

cupcake lets them disappear and do what he does... BURY HIS HEAD IN THE SAND and pretend problems magically go away.

every one of these guys should be watching film - AS A GROUP - several hours a day with no days off whatsoever.