DMN Blog: DC Brian Stewart talks about his D; Newman returns

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;1832524 said:
I don't get involved in that stuff because I think any team which grows into a true championship contender faces the same problems. When a team gets really good other teams are going to throw the playbook at them in hopes of "catching them off guard" its the natural progression of things. The Cowboy teams of the 70's and 90's faced it, The Patriots face it and now the Cowboys are starting to see it. And I believe these coaches are well aware of what to expect from here on out and are telling the players to expect the unexpected as it were.

In my mind that experience is what having the proverbial "battle tested veterans" is all about. Because ultimately it is the players on field who have to respond to those challenges.

Very nice post.

I also think back to just last season when teams were running up and down the field on the Colts. The Jaguars rushed for a thousand yards (maybe a little less) against them and nobody thought they could win anything with all that going on.

But they tightened things up in the playoffs and the rest is history.

That gives me hope.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
Chief;1832594 said:
Very nice post.

I also think back to just last season when teams were running up and down the field on the Colts. The Jaguars rushed for a thousand yards (maybe a little less) against them and nobody thought they could win anything with all that going on.

But they tightened things up in the playoffs and the rest is history.

That gives me hope.

Thanks

Your right Indy last year is a perfect example all the teams they were playing hit them with everything they had. Anyone who thinks the Cowboys won't be getting the same treatment for the rest of the season doesn't know much about the NFL.

Hopefully this team is mature enough to handle those situations they did against the Lions. And in the long run that big game exposure is what counts and will only help come playoff time.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
It seems to me that a pass defense and a run defense can be installed, and whatever the offense throws at them, adjust on the next play of series of plays. What must the adjustments wait until the second half?

bayarealightning

Reaction score
Dallas;1831459 said:
Exactly. David is wrong on this.

I remember specifically that it took a few weeks of Wade and JJ wrangling the Chargers to even get access to Stew.

In the end the Chargers knew he wanted to be here w/ Wade and allowed them to talk.
That is not neccessarily true. The Chargers wanted to stop the bleeding to then choose their staff. He was not going to be the DC in S.D. the Chargers wanted Ted Cottrell. However, it would not have looked good to keep Stewart from getting a promotion and you do not want to keep someone who wants to leave. I am glad that he is doing well for you guys. Our secondary really didn't improve on holding onto interceptions and getting turnovers under him. However, this is his first year as a DC and he will only get better under Wade.