DMN: Blog: Garrett talks about Crayton

silver

Reaction score
starfrombirth;2157405 said:
Ok, can we give Austin and Hurd 4 years to have a breakout season as well? I see everyone (not literally) jump on them and how they aren't that great after 2 years but Crayton gets a flyer? Double standard much?

Austin and Hurd don't have the hands Crayton has. Crayton's bad game vs the giants was huge, however, he has been quite a pleasant surprise since his rookie year. here's :toast: for a banner year for Crayton.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
If having Crayton as a #2 WR holds this offense back, then Jason Garrett is ridiculously overrated. The fact is the vast majority of Superbowl teams haven't had two Pro Bowl WRs (and an All Pro TE on top of that, and a Pro Bowl RB on top of that, and three Pro Bowl OL on top of that).

New Orleans doesn't have a #2 WR better than Crayton, and their fans aren't pulling their hair out wondering how they're going to score points. Somehow they seem to be confident that Sean Payton is going to be just fine "making due" with just a Pro Bowl QB, a Pro Bowl #1 WR and a Pro Bowl caliber TE and a handfull of good role WRs. They seem to have a lot more confidence in Payton than our fans have in Jason Garrett.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
TheSkaven;2152785 said:
Well Jason better like him, because like him or not he's the #2 wide receiver for the team this year!

I'm still not over it. Heck, I'm still not over a lot of things, like the Richie Anderson fumble in 2003.

He can make it up by having a great season and catching a key pass that puts us over the top into the Superbowl.

Keep in mind that Jason works for a guy who almost daily says what a great competitor Terry Glenn and what the team would gain from having him, blah-blah-blah. Then asks him to sign a half a mil agreement in case of an injury.

All these guys know what to say publicly.

Jason GArrett is a good coach and will get better.
And his PR skills are up to par. But it's just preseason talk. As soon as Crayfish makes his first catch then starts mouthing off what a great player he is, watchout!