DMN Blog: JJT seeks questions in Cowboys Blog Comments for Crayton

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crayton Lives

3:12 PM Tue, Mar 11, 2008 | Permalink
Jean-Jacques Taylor http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

We haven't seen much of Patrick Crayton since his out-of-character bad game against the Giants in the playoffs, but he'll be with me at Ten Sports Grill, 1302 Main St., in downtown Dallas tonight at 7:30 p.m. to talk about everything and anything Cowboys, including whether T.O. should get an extension, Terry Glenn's future, what he's learned about himself this off-season and why he's going to have an even better season in 2008.

Afterward he'll sign autographs and pose for pictures. If you can't make it, add a question to the comments and I'll answer it and give you a report tomorrow.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (28) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
How about this one -- would you please continue to keep your mouth shut?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just FYI, the questions need to go in the Comments section of the DMN blog.

TonyS

Reaction score
Wondering if he's worried if the Cowboys equipment crew will be able to find a helmet big enough to fit his head into next season.

...and if he's ever concerned that the way he holds the ball out away from his body while running will ever catch up to him in the form of fumbles in the future.

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
Do you have nightmares about that dropped pass ? or How about the play you stopped in the middle of the route ?

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
How can a guy who runs his mouth so much QUIT on the game-winning play with less than 30 seconds left and the season on the line?!
I would love to ask him that question.

I really don't think this guy realizes how much animosity a lot of the fans feel toward him at this time. He has a lot of making up to do!

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
I don't have any questions for Freddie Mitchell.

BadKarma

Reaction score
I got two:

"When are you ever going to attempt to run back a punt outside the 10 yard line?"

"Your inability to come up with clutch, game-changing plays...has that changed your approach to the game?"

Looks like the Giants relieved themselves pretty good in Texas Stadium, huh Pat?

links18

Reaction score
Ouch, that's pretty harsh for a guy whose play (and his mouth) has exceeded his draft status. But yeah, why the heck do you carry the ball in one hand and make me think you are going to fumble every punt return?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
These are my questions, the comments sections to post isnt working for me;
First, like you said, ask Crayton what did he learn about talking before a game like he did in the playoff game against the Giants.

Next, can Patrick put his finger on why the Cowboys are always flat in December, to me, what i saw in the playoff game, the offensive line, wr's were somewhat flat, all except barber, T O, and Romo. Its like, Romo was telling the offenisve guys lets go, and they were dragging. Why? Nate Newton said what he saw was that the offensive linemen didnt do their cardivacular stuff during the bye week etc and werent in shape.

Finally, has he heard anything about T O's new contract, rumors about Pacman and Deangelo Hall and Roy Williams from the Detriot Lions in possible trades.
thanks; cowboyjoe

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crayton speaks
5:36 PM Tue, Mar 11, 2008 | Permalink
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Why wait until tomorrow to hear what Patrick Crayton has to say when he spoke to a small group of reporters, well me and my competition, today at a East Dallas Boys & Girls Club.

Crayton was there to support the club and Pizza Hut, which made a $30,000 donation to the Greater Dallas' Boys & Girls Club Learning Makes Cents program.
The program is designed to give kids an incentive to read books. Kids in the program receive one dollar for every book they read.

Crayton, who attended the event, said he's had a busy offseason. After the Cowboys' playoff loss to the Giants, he's heard plenty of criticism for his play during that game. He had a critical dropped pass and hesitated during a route in the end zone on another play.

"I dropped a big pass and everybody can say one play didn't make all the things, but it's a big turning point in the game," he said. Crayton said that drop will stay with him for a while.

"It's a motivating thing to myself," he said. "It's one of those things to never let it happen again that's why I started early to get ready. It will be a motivation factor."

Crayton said his eight-year old brother, Bryson, gave him some grief about it.
"My eight-year old brother [Bryson] was the first one to ask, 'Man what happened? Why you dropped that ball?''' Crayton said. :laugh2: "You go wow. That's when it hits home."

Crayton also had this to say about the New York Giants, a team he talked smack about several times during the season: "They got the last laugh, man," he said.

Crayton also said he wasn't surprised the Giants beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl

AlterEgo

Reaction score
I have a question as well. Does Patrick feel that worthless timeout Romo called on the last drive of the season was well spent since Romo noticed that Crayton was too tired to run routes?