DMN Blog: Mendenhall could be a target if Broncos bail

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
I've mulled over this for quite some time, and I think the only solution is to take CB at 22 best guy available - let the 28 for Roy deal go through. And see if you can get a guy like Jones/Rice/Johnson in the 2nd/3rd round.

That way we can give Marion what he's earned, have an affordable change of pace back that can give us a spark in the return game - and address depth at CB and WR in a cost efficient manner.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
SMCowboy;2029506 said:
I have no problem with the #22 spot, because we are not going to actually make a pick from the #22 spot. Jerry Jones has already said, that the biggest regret he has, is trading DOWN, NOT UP during the early to mid 90's. He is not interested in quantity of players, we already have guys on the team that will no doubt have to be cut in training camp, that will quickly be picked up by other teams. What he is interested in is quality of the players.

The best type of trade we could make would be to trade both 1st round picks to move up in the first round and pickup an extra 2nd round pick in the process. We have 3 positions that we would like to spend a first day pick on, and we currently have 4 first day picks.

Making blanket statements like this is pointless. The draft is completely situational. If the right athlete does or does not drop to certain spots i am sure that Jones will trade up or down depending. If McKelvin or McFadden drops out of the top ten, Jenkins, DRC or Mendenhall drop a little farther than that and so forth. OTOH if we are sitting at 22 and all the guys we like are gone which i am thinking is more and more possible I would LOVE a trade down to the top of the second especially if it will net us another first round pick.

I think the top of the second will hold some great value especially if we get our pick of the top of the second tier of RBs throw in a pick at the top of the third and i still like that. that is where guys like Tyrell Johnson, Antwaun Molden, and Red Bryant will be going.

To me if the choice is between Talib/Jones or CJ/Charles/Rice and Molden/Johnson/Bryant/first next year then the choice is clear.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
zrinkill;2029546 said:
Why is everyone so ready to draft a replacement for Barber???

Barber was a bright spot in an incredible offensive year.

UnfreakinBelievable

Again, get used to the idea that the days of a guy like Emmitt running the ball 25 to 30 times a game are over. Would you rather have two great RBs or a great RB and a decent one?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;2029754 said:
Again, get used to the idea that the days of a guy like Emmitt running the ball 25 to 30 times a game are over. Would you rather have two great RBs or a great RB and a decent one?

I say that the team is better off every time Barber touches the ball. There is no need to cut his carries just because of some Parcells game plan that never won us anything.

If we draft a runningback high in the draft ..... I will fully support the kid.

I just think its a waste of a draft pick when we already have a guy who can carry the load (IMAO)