DMN Blog: One Hall of Fame voter isn't impressed with T.O.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
And Williams numbers look very much like TOs. They would be better if he'd had a better teams and quarterbacking. Kitna had two years of high level play while Williams was there. Imagine what he'll do with a QB like Romo and a team like Dallas. Didn't mean to change topics but TO and Williams career numbers look a lot alike.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2432685 said:
I've always wondered this but how do writers get to be Hall of Fame voters? What exactly do they do in order to get in on that?

They have to be stupid for one thing. Being fat and obnoxious helps too. Oh, and you have to hate the Dallas Cowboys.

Actually, the HoF Committee is made up of one mediot from each team/city plus they have some "at large" members. I believe the total is 36 or 40 altogether.

Why the Pro Football Hall of Fame uses sportswriters/mediots to make up their committee is beyond me. I would think it would be former players/coaches/etc. who would vote but nope.

I guess that's why it is a hall of FAME, and not a hall of GREATNESS. The mediots will vote for who THEY liked, who they want in. The fact that they are naturally biased doesn't seem to be a big problem for the Hall.

It is a sad fact that the PFHOF is a freaking joke. The great players of the NFL deserve much better than that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
webby75216;2432709 said:
Is Peter King the same guy who said Bob Hayes should not be in the HOF.

exactly

I don't think anyone's impressed w/ King as a HOF voter

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2432688 said:
And Williams numbers look very much like TOs. They would be better if he'd had a better teams and quarterbacking. Kitna had two years of high level play while Williams was there. Imagine what he'll do with a QB like Romo and a team like Dallas. Didn't mean to change topics but TO and Williams career numbers look a lot alike.

WHAT?!

Roy Williams: 268-3958-30

Terrell Owens: 922-13575-135

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
Wasn't "The Peter King" the guy who played Kent "Flounder" Dorfman in "Animal House"?

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son." :lmao2:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JordanTaber;2432724 said:
WHAT?!

Roy Williams: 268-3958-30

Terrell Owens: 922-13575-135
Terrell Owens first four NFL seasons
222 receptions
3,307 receiving yards
30 touchdowns
62 games

Roy Williams first four NFL seasons
245 receptions
3,652 receiving yards
28 touchdowns
55 games

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2432742 said:
Terrell Owens first four NFL seasons
222 receptions
3,307 receiving yards
30 touchdowns
62 games

Roy Williams first four NFL seasons
245 receptions
3,652 receiving yards
28 touchdowns
55 games

Yeah, OK if you're talking "beginning" of their careers. Only problem is Owens was the #2 to Jerry Rice for 3 of those first 4 years (the year he was the go-to receiver--1997--was a year in which they threw the ball the 3rd fewest times of anyone in the NFL)...Roy had been Detroit's go-to guy since he came into the league.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JordanTaber;2432750 said:
Yeah, OK if you're talking "beginning" of their careers. Only problem is Owens was the #2 to Jerry Rice for 3 of those first 4 years (the year he was the go-to receiver--1997--was a year in which they threw the ball the 3rd fewest times of anyone in the NFL)...Roy had been Detroit's go-to guy since he came into the league.
Well, I can't speak for jobberone, but I highly doubt that he was making a level stats comparison between a 6-year veteran and a 13-year veteran.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He's gonna end up with far better numbers than many wideouts already in the Hall, some of whom were just as controversial or obnoxious.

http://img141.*************/img141/1614/ch51sunnov162008b085806pm9.jpg

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
JordanTaber;2432603 said:
Um, no. You completely missed this poster's point.

Julius Jones is awful and has mediocre numbers. Owens is great and has great numbers.

Do you get it yet?

By the way, Jerry Rice dropped so many balls that he made Owens look sure-handed.

Ummm..yeah. The poster even agreed with me and clarified his point better.

Since you missed it.

Thanks for playing.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
bbgun;2432761 said:
He's gonna end up with far better numbers than many wideouts already in the Hall, some of whom were just as controversial or obnoxious.

http://img141.*************/img141/1614/ch51sunnov162008b085806pm9.jpg

I am disappointed in you man. I saw that you had posted and I was SURE that it would be pictures of "The Peter King" and Stephen Furst (Flounder) side-by-side, but all you got was a shot of Owens. :rolleyes:

I am depressed. :(

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
THUMPER;2432835 said:
I am disappointed in you man. I saw that you had posted and I was SURE that it would be pictures of "The Peter King" and Stephen Furst (Flounder) side-by-side, but all you got was a shot of Owens. :rolleyes:

I am depressed. :(

furst80.jpg

Give me a hazelnut latte or I'll shoot!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Chief;2433120 said:

Did I ever tell you about my daughter's softball team? Or the crappy flight I took last week? Or the fact that I just now discovered Family Guy? Or how the Colgate Student Union serves the richest Columbian coffee on the East Coast?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;2433153 said:
Did I ever tell you about my daughter's softball team? Or the crappy flight I took last week? Or the fact that I just now discovered Family Guy? Or how the Colgate Student Union serves the richest Columbian coffee on the East Coast?
If anything, EVERYONE should watch Family Guy once for the simple pleasure of watching Stewie Griffin's character. He's insane.