DMN Blog: Osi "Cowboys absolutely not better than us"

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bet when you saw the headline, you thought this was another illogical post by Calvin "Lucky" Watkins.

Nope. It's actually borrowing from Giants DE Osi Umenyiora's illogical quote in the New York Daily News.
"They're absolutely not a better team than us," said defensive end Osi Umenyiora. "They may have played better today in the second half, but I'd never say they were a better team."​
Um, Osi, the Cowboys beat you guys by double digits. Twice. At home and on the road. What more evidence do you need?

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 4:30 AM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (22)

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
The guy is an idiot. I'm sure he and Jacobs are going to go home and play the game over on Madden until they win.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Osi, if a team plays better than your team and beat you twice by double digits, they are better than your team.

Your denial doesn't change the fact, idiot.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1760475 said:
Bet when you saw the headline, you thought this was another illogical post by Calvin "Lucky" Watkins.

Nope. It's actually borrowing from Giants DE Osi Umenyiora's illogical quote in the New York Daily News.
"They're absolutely not a better team than us," said defensive end Osi Umenyiora. "They may have played better today in the second half, but I'd never say they were a better team."​
Um, Osi, the Cowboys beat you guys by double digits. Twice. At home and on the road. What more evidence do you need?

Posted by Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 4:30 AM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (22)

Osi all that matters is what took place on the field. You had 2 chances at the Cowboys and your team lost both.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
so pathetic.

Was osi even there? I didnt hear a peep from any of those pass rushers.

I think flo wore him as a shirt.

Seriously is there a bigger collection of jerks in the league then the giants? THey had two weeks to prepare, every excuse about why they lost the last time, they were fully healthy, they talked the talk all week

and then after getting manhandled he cant give any credit.

Oh well. He needs to worry about the lions, they play well at home.

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I actually saw the quote on TV last night and I had to do a double-take because I couldn't believe he said that.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
Did Osi play??? Flozell made him look weak. That wasn't Winston Justice over there son. The Giants are not better than the Cowboys. I wish they would just admit the obvious truth.

Eddie

Reaction score
This is the same logic we used to justify our loss to the Patriots.

StylisticS

Reaction score
There isn't a team that talks more than the Giants. They are no different than last year when they said it was all "tiki". Talk, talk , talk, talk during and after game and cry when things aren't going their way during the game, Strahan.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I don't think Osi is way off base here even though I think he is wrong.

Cowboys are a better team but the best teams don't always win.

Like someone said, lots of people around here used the same logic on the hated Patriots. That game yesterday could have went either way, similar to how huge penalties cost us agains the Patriots.

The Patriots are better than the Cowboys until proven otherwise and the Cowboys are a better team than the Giants until proven otherwise.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
Eddie;1760500 said:

Similar, but we beat the Giants twice. We also didn't talk nearly as much smack as the fools do.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Eddie;1760500 said:

Yeah except they didnt beat us twice. Plus they didnt play us on a short week in a crazy dog fight the week before and oh by the way fly all the way across the country.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm more interested in any comments that Jeremy Shockey may have made. He had an outstanding game against us and caught some critical passes. He was a difference maker yesterday while the majority of his teammates, such as Jacobs, Pierce and Umenyiora, were not. If anyone on the Giants roster should be flapping his gums after the game, it's Shockey and not Osi.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since we can't get Osi's endorsement, I guess we''l have to take that 3 game division lead as a consolation prize.

And the name is Adams, Flozell Adams.......

:eyepoke:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DallasEast;1760523 said:
I'm more interested in any comments that Jeremy Shockey may have made. He had an outstanding game against us and caught some critical passes. He was a difference maker yesterday while the majority of his teammates, such as Jacobs, Pierce and Umenyiora, were not. If anyone on the Giants roster should be flapping his gums after the game, it's Shockey and not Osi.

I agree Shockey had a great game but to Dallas credit we did adjust in the 2nd half and held down Shockey in the 2nd half. As well as shutting down Burress for the entire game

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Eddie;1760500 said:

I doubt many Cowboy fans would say the Pats are not better than us if they beat us twice. Most of us said the Pats were a better team but we liked our chances when our team gets healthy.