DMN Blog: Osi "Cowboys absolutely not better than us"

tyke1doe

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1760509 said:
I don't think Osi is way off base here even though I think he is wrong.

Cowboys are a better team but the best teams don't always win.

Like someone said, lots of people around here used the same logic on the hated Patriots. That game yesterday could have went either way, similar to how huge penalties cost us agains the Patriots.

The Patriots are better than the Cowboys until proven otherwise and the Cowboys are a better team than the Giants until proven otherwise.

Man, Mick. You're on fire today with the logic. :D

tyke1doe

Reaction score
sonnyboy;1761508 said:
NO not even close. Cryaton didnt say we were still better after a second loss. What he did say was that he hoped for a rematch. World of difference.

Uh, try again.

He said that if the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl, we'll see them again.

He, thus, presumes that the Cowboys will make it to the Super Bowl and has doubts that the Patriots will.

Since only the best teams make the Super Bowl, then he's basically saying I'm sure we will be one of those best teams. I'm not sure the Patriots will be one of those best teams.

And what difference does a second loss make? :confused:

The Pats beat us on our home field. Since one game is all we'll play, then that one game establishes which team is the best team.

The only difference is the star-shaped homer glasses some of you use to read comments by Cowboys players versus the comments from other teams.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1761606 said:
Uh, try again.

He said that if the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl, we'll see them again.

He, thus, presumes that the Cowboys will make it to the Super Bowl and has doubts that the Patriots will.

Since only the best teams make the Super Bowl, then he's basically saying I'm sure we will be one of those best teams. I'm not sure the Patriots will be one of those best teams.

The only difference is the star-shaped homer glasses some of you use to read comments by Cowboys players versus the comments from other teams.
He could have very well been giving the defending Super Bowl Champs respect in that quote. The Patriots should have a more difficult playoff run than the Cowboys.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
speedkilz88;1761617 said:
He could have very well been giving the defending Super Bowl Champs respect in that quote. The Patriots should have a more difficult playoff run than the Cowboys.

Not the way the Pats have been blowing out teams. No, that wasn't a respectful quote. It was a disrespectful quote. Crayton knows it. You know it and I know it.

Givincer

Reaction score
I like how he qualifies it "they may have played better in the second half, but that doesn't mean they're better than us."

Is playing better, in general, not an indication of what team is better?

By qualifying it like he did, he defeats his own argument.

Honestly, neither of the two games we've played against them should've been as close as they've been. We're not just better than them; we're a lot better than them.

SacredStar

Reaction score
Osi gets 6 sacks in one game against a terrible rookie and now he's a bigheaded superstar talking crap?

Take a lesson from a real superstar Osi....Tony Romo gets real results on the field week in and week out and still maintains a level of class and a humble attitude.

What have you done since the Philly game, Osi ?

That's right.......shut your pie hole.

Givincer

Reaction score
And if I'm not mistaken Osi got one sack in the game, on the broken play where Romo just ran right at the line, not knowing what to do.

Hey, it goes on the stat sheet.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1761725 said:
Not the way the Pats have been blowing out teams. No, that wasn't a respectful quote. It was a disrespectful quote. Crayton knows it. You know it and I know it.

You mean like they "blew out" the Colts? :rolleyes:

The Pats, without a doubt, have a harder time getting to the Superbowl compared to us. Taking this into consideration, it's not really a big jab at them.

You also can't look at just one game and decide who is better. If so, we should have been hoisting the Lombardi Trophy last year, seeing as we beat the Superbowl champs.

When you get swept by division rivals in a season, you can be fairly certain that your team just isn't as good that particular year.