DMN Blog: Romo fined $5k... denies partying w/Britney/Henry thinks he'll play

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo fined five grand
Talk about adding insult to injury. The NFL hit Tony Romo with a $5,000 fine for the play that he suffered his strained hamstring.

The league determined that Romo needed to cough up some cash for sliding into the legs of a Vikings defensive lineman who planned to bury him in the Texas Stadium turf.

"You kidding me?" Romo said. "I was trying to avoid him!"

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 2:36 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (7)

Romo: 'I wasn't partying with her'
Tony Romo acted surprised to hear all the gossip that he partied with Britney Spears over the weekend.

"We were at the same place," Romo said. "I wasn't partying with her, though. That's for sure."

Romo came back from Hollywood rested and refreshed, saying his hamstring feels fine. He fessed up to not watching any tape over the weekend.

Much, much more hardcore football talk to come.

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 1:51 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (10)

Henry thinks he'll play

MICHAEL MULVEY / DMN
CB Anthony Henry -- present at practice again today -- thinks he's ready for game action after nearly a month of rehabilitation and work to strength the high ankle sprain he suffered in his right leg on Sept. 30 against St. Louis. He said that the determining factor on whether he plays Sunday in Philadelphia will be the effect his playing will have on the team.

That means if he can add something to the mix, he'll play. If he'll hurt the team by being out there, he won't.

"That's the most important thing, besides just being healthy," Henry said. "I don't want to go out there and give up plays that are going to put us in a bad situation. That's why I look at the team situation first, then myself."

Coach Wade Phillips said "I don't know that (Henry) is there yet." Phillips added that he knows Henry can move fine forward and back, but is unsure that he's regained the lateral movement to play.

Even if he is healthy, chances are Henry will be eased back in a bit by the coaches. One of the big upshots figures to be that if Henry does return this week, it'll allow the Cowboys to move Terence Newman to move down to the slot in the nickel and cover Kevin Curtis.

"I probably won't start, they'll probably put me in there sparingly," said Henry. "I'm probably a little out of game shape right now. But they'll put me in a situation where I'll be effective.

Posted by Albert Breer at 1:55 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (3)

Westbrook worries Cowboys

DMN FILE

QB Donovan McNabb is the face of the Eagles' franchise, at least for the rest of this season. But RB Brian Westbrook is the Philadelphia playmaker who really worries the Cowboys' defense.

"He's a guy that can change a game," Wade Phillips said.

Westbrook ranks NFC's third-leading rusher with 536 yards. He leads the conference's backs with 345 receiving yards on 35 catches.

"Quarterbacks are going to get most of the glory when the team is going well, but Westbrook plays a major part in what those guys do," DE Marcus Spears said. "They try to get him the ball as much as possible. He makes McNabb look good and defenses look bad."

Posted by Tim MacMahon at 2:55 PM (E-mail this entry) Permalink | Comments (5)

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I call BS on Tony.

Having someone sit on yoru lap is a little different from just being "at the same place."

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
October 29, 2007
Henry says he will play
Defensive back Anthony Henry said he plans to play against the Eagles on Sunday night. Henry has missed the past two games with a high ankle sprain.

Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said he's still not sure if Henry will play. High ankle sprains are usually a pest to a player - they never seem to go away until the season is long over. But Henry had said repeatedly that he felt better.

If he plays, the Cowboys would have their secondary the way they envisioned since the start of the season - Henry and Terence Newman starting at the corners with Ken Hamlin and Roy Williams at the safety spots. Jacque Reeves would be the nickel cornerback.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 03:35 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Romo fined
Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo said he was fined $5,000 for his slide "tackle" against the Vikings on Oct. 21.

Romo turned into a tackler when the Vikings were in the process of returning a turnover deep into Cowboys territory. Romo then wised up when he saw a pair of oncoming Vikings defenders, and thought better of trying to challenge them. So he slide towards their legs. That's an NFL no-no. So he was fined.

"I learned my lesson," he said.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 03:32 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Tony Romo on Britney Gate

Tony Romo looked surprised when he was told that he was linked to partying with Britney Spears this weekend at a club in Los Angeles.

He said he was at a party that Spears attended, and that she's a nice girl.

“I wasn’t partying with her that’s for sure. She’s a nice girl though,” Romo said. “I guess when you’re in the same place ...”

So let's do the math, in the past week Romo has been linked to actress Sophia Bush and now Spears.

Being the quarterback to America's Team sure is rough.

- Mac Engel

Posted at 03:31 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
We don't need celebrity quarterbacks around here, we need battlefield commanders. Please review your Twelve Commandments, Tony. :mad:

I knew this team would go to hell when Parcells left.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
That's got to be the weakest, gheyest fine the NFL has ever had the nerve to allot.

cbfan55

Reaction score
theogt;1735167 said:
Check out the Off-Topic Zone.

Lap dances, buddy. Lap dances.

Show me some pics and I'll believe it, otherwise I with Romo

Word Mofo

Reaction score
Romo, you can be the millionaire playboy all you want as long as you're winning, but just wait until you lose - then you're going to incur the wrath of the Metroplex media.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cbfan55;1735184 said:
Show me some pics and I'll believe it, otherwise I with Romo
Did I miss where he denied her sitting in his lap?

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Can't wait till Henry is healed and be back on the field as a starter.

sago1

Reaction score
Since no one but you has claimed he allowed any such thing, most of us will go with Tony's version. But gotta admit Romo's moving fast. Troy had won us a SB before he gotted linked with lots of hollywood/country music types.

shnagy

Reaction score
When was the last time a QB has been fined? This is absolutely bogus on part of the NFL.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1735255 said:
Westbrook worries everyone....for sure

I agree I think he is and has been the key to that offense in recent years. How Westbrooks does normally determines the out come of their games.

SportsAnalyzer

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;1735175 said:
We don't need celebrity quarterbacks around here, we need battlefield commanders. Please review your Twelve Commandments, Tony. :mad:

I knew this team would go to hell when Parcells left.

That's the main thing that is annoying me about him, just in the public eye TOO Much and has done yet. These next two games better be on his mind

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Why would Romo, who is in the top two of the most eligible guys in the NFL, who could have his choice of women right now, want to be with a Kojac wannabe, venereal disease waiting to happen? Sorry, but Spears need to clean up her act a bit before she can start dating the "A" list again.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1735203 said:
Can't wait till Henry is healed and be back on the field as a starter.

I hope it happens, but I'm starting to get worried that he is a chronic injury machine.