DMN Blog: Romo fined $5k... denies partying w/Britney/Henry thinks he'll play

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
So a magazine that was sued by Britney Spears for libel, gets Ryan Seacrest (Who will do anything to keep his name in the news) to admit that he 'believed' that Spears and Romo were frolocking.

Seacrest, who would have to stand on one of the tables to see over the crowd? I guess the unnamed source probably gave him a boost.

Too bad there aren't any photos out there to corroborate. Especially considering that this would have been a bigtime paycheck for any photographer. I mean, Romo, the QB of The Dallas Cowboys and Spears supposedly fresh off her court appearance. Ka-ching $$$$.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1735285 said:
So a magazine that was sued by Britney Spears for libel, gets Ryan Seacrest (Who will do anything to keep his name in the news) to admit that he 'believed' that Spears and Romo were frolocking.

Seacrest, who would have to stand on one of the tables to see over the crowd? I guess the unnamed source probably gave him a boost.

Too bad there aren't any photos out there to corroborate. Especially considering that this would have been a bigtime paycheck for any photographer. I mean, Romo, the QB of The Dallas Cowboys and Spears supposedly fresh off her court appearance. Ka-ching $$$$.
Clubs like this don't allow photography inside.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dogberry;1735292 said:
With all the cell phone cameras how is that enforced?
It's pretty easy to tell when someone is taking pictures with their phone or if they're just texting someone.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
theogt;1735289 said:

You're right, why believe Romo when we can believe Ryan Seacrest and US Magazine, both of whom make their money off of gossip. Romo, who hasn't been caught in a lie or one who has been sued on a multitude of occasions for libel, once by the very person they are writing about in this article. Me, I'll wait for a photo before believing tabloid journalism.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1735303 said:
You're right, why believe Romo when we can believe Ryan Seacrest and US Magazine, both of whom make their money off of gossip. Romo, who hasn't been caught in a lie or one who has been sued on a multitude of occasions for libel, once by the very person they are writing about in this article. Me, I'll wait for a photo before believing tabloid journalism.
I would believe Romo if he was denying it. He's not.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
theogt;1735305 said:

He didn't deny it because he was probably never asked specifically about Spears sitting on his lap. Saying 'That's for sure' pretty much signifies to me that he wants to distance himself from any relation to Spears as possible.

The only thing I could believe is that Spears got too drunk and fell into his lap when she walked by to go to the restroom to take a dump.

Edit: btw, for a club that does not allow photos, there sure seem to be alot of Les Deux Hollywood photos floating around out there.

lspain1

Reaction score
About the fine......I think Tony might be able to afford it. :)

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
tomson75;1735183 said:
That's got to be the weakest, gheyest fine the NFL has ever had the nerve to allot.

I agree, that does sound like allot, but w/ his new contract, I'm sure it's NBD.

:D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1735332 said:
He didn't deny it because he was probably never asked specifically about Spears sitting on his lap. Saying 'That's for sure' pretty much signifies to me that he wants to distance himself from any relation to Spears as possible.

The only thing I could believe is that Spears got too drunk and fell into his lap when she walked by to go to the restroom to take a dump.

Edit: btw, for a club that does not allow photos, there sure seem to be alot of Les Deux Hollywood photos floating around out there.

lol, that's probably more likely

if she sat on his lap, so what? it doesn't mean anything, you guys ever heard of girls flirting w/ guys? a common flirt tactic among girls, esp. when alcohol is flowing freely, is to jump on some guy's lap

cowboys19

Reaction score
Cowboys | Romo fined $5,000
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:11:33 -0700
Tim MacMahon, of The Dallas Morning News, reports Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo (hamstring) was fined $5,000 for sliding into the legs of a Minnesota Vikings defensive lineman. "You kidding me?" Romo said. "I was trying to avoid him!"

When i first saw the replay i thought he should have got flagged because it looked like he was trying to trip those 2 guys. Didnt know untill after he tried to avoid them, but still a slide tackle is worth a penalty

burmafrd

Reaction score
As I recall he was carrying the ball so how could he be trying to block?

sbark

Reaction score
It was on a Int. Return, or a fumble return.....Griffin had 2 teammates running interference......appreared to me Romo attempted to take away the blockers with the slide into 2nd base, and hopefully MBIII (?) would get him.....

I suppose that is why JJones and Romo had to hustle into the new contract....so he could afford this fine.......:D

Wimbo

Reaction score
Ok, so now Romo's signing bonus is only 30,994,999.00
He may have to tighten his belt this week, but he will be fine.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Note to Tony:

Stay away from those Hollywood Hoochies......and their drugs, booze, parties, oh yes, and their STDs.....

Last thing this team needs is a Herpified QB running around Texas Stadium.

Stick with the hottie country stars Tony......it worked for Troy :jackpot:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
What a bunch of cry baby wusses. She sat on his lap, Boo *** Hoo. I hope he hit Brit so hard she can't walk, then hit Bush twice as hard. Good for a man's soul!!! Then again sounds like some of you wouldn't know anything about that:laugh2:

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
theogt;1735305 said:

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Britney dancing on Romo's lap at 31 Flavors last night.

I guess it's pretty serious.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
theogt;1735289 said:

you'll never stop the cell phone man. why are you so hellbent on believing the worst? geez man.