DMN Blog: Roy takes blame for leaky run D

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roy takes blame for leaky run D

12:29 PM Thu, Dec 13, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

The Cowboys running defense had been solid all season until the last two weeks. Green Bay's Ryan Grant busted a 62-yard TD. The Lions looked like they actually had a legitimate rushing attack.

Roy Williams said he isn't worried about the trend. In an admirable move, he fell on the sword, admitting that he took poor angles on some of the big plays.

"Yes, we got gashed," Williams said, referring to the Lions racking up a season-high 152 rushing yards. "There was maybe one or two players out of position, and that's it. You know what? I was out of position. How about that? So let's put it on me. I was out of position. I was out of position. They got a touchdown and a couple of big runs. You know, sue me."

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If he and Hamlin take better angles and not run into each other, then the run D should be fine.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SaMaD_KhARoME;1831216 said:
what a baby, i hope hes gone
Why? He takes the blame for some bad plays, which people have criticized him for not doing, and that makes him a baby? The guy can't win.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Roy has been great in run support all year long.. i can understand his frustration with the media.. he takes more abuse, most of it unjustified, from those guys than anyone on the team.. and he excels in stopping the run, but admits to being out of position a couple of times out of a whole season, but he knows that they'll harp on it forever..

SaMaD_KhARoME

Benched
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1831228 said:
Why? He takes the blame for some bad plays, which people have criticized him for not doing, and that makes him a baby? The guy can't win.

The guy is done, when Wade has to take him out of certain plays, that speaks volumes

put Watkins back there full time

sago1

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard Roy accept responsibility for making a poor play(s). Frankly, I'm glad to hear him step up finally and do it. Hope he gets the message that we understand he has problems in pass coverage but Cowboy fans just want him to get the job done against the run like he used to. I remember his big hit against the Packers on Thursday night. That's the Roy I want to see cause I think a few of those and we Cowboy fans will fall back in love with him again.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danny White;1831241 said:
Like rats to cheese.

:lmao2:

blue_and_topaz_rats_with_cheese.gif

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
sago1;1831238 said:
This is the first time I've heard Roy accept responsibility for making a poor play(s). Frankly, I'm glad to hear him step up finally and do it. Hope he gets the message that we understand he has problems in pass coverage but Cowboy fans just want him to get the job done against the run like he used to. I remember his big hit against the Packers on Thursday night. That's the Roy I want to see cause I think a few of those and we Cowboy fans will fall back in love with him again.

I know he said he was to blame for the 2 TDs Santana Moss had in back to back plays a couple of years ago to win the game, despite the fact that Bill Parcells said it was Aaron Glenn's fault.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Has anyone else purposely tried to put a different voice to these comments?

Everyone knows that many times it's not what you say but how you say it. When you read these types of comments, depending upon how you feel about the person can have an affect on how you interpret them.

As an excercise, imagine Roy saying these comments and then an actor repeating them like in that insurance commercial. Let's go with Jim Carey in his over the top Liar Liar 'It was meeee!' voice, Owen Wilson with his constant soothing whisper voice no matter how loud he talks and Morgan Freeman, who sounds important no matter what he says.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
sago1;1831238 said:
This is the first time I've heard Roy accept responsibility for making a poor play

He's accepted the blame before (the Cooley TD a few weeks ago, for example). He gets accused of not accepting blame for his mistakes because it's often not his mistake.

Even in this case, he takes the blame on himself even when it's other players who were more culpable than he was. Has Chris Canty said anything about missing the tackle on Duckett's TD run? Has Hamlin said anything about missing the tackle on Grant's TD run?

superpunk

Reaction score
Danny White;1831214 said:

Roy war! Roy war's on everybody! It's going down! **** is going down!

mickgreen58;1831244 said:
I know he said he was to blame for the 2 TDs Santana Moss had in back to back plays a couple of years ago to win the game, despite the fact that Bill Parcells said it was Aaron Glenn's fault.

He said that initially. But backed off it the next day.