DMN Blog: Roy takes blame for leaky run D

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
hairic;1831257 said:
http://img45.*************/img45/9656/foxhd200712091202140202yd9.jpg

That's Canty on the ground in the backfield. He beat his man off the snap but whiffed on the tackle in the backfield.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
superpunk;1831266 said:
I've got to blame Roy, here.

Definitely not DeMarcus, Ratliff, Ellis or James.

:lmao2:

For a minute, I thought you were being serious...

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
They got a touchdown and a couple of big runs. You know, sue me."

I wouldn’t sue you because the jury would be brainwashed into thinking you were innocent.

Can’t stand his freakin additude. So sue me? Can you imagine if Tony made that kindof comment? Amazing.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Nav22;1831250 said:
Roy is so pathetically insecure and defensive sometimes...

That's nothing. Have you met his booster club? Terrifying. Rats to cheese? Try flies to a turd.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
abersonc;1831222 said:
If he and Hamlin take better angles and not run into each other, then the run D should be fine.

maybe they ought to just plan on running into each other and take that into account in their angles.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;1831309 said:
I wouldn’t sue you because the jury would be brainwashed into thinking you were innocent.

Can’t stand his freakin additude. So sue me? Can you imagine if Tony made that kindof comment? Amazing.
Can you imagine if Tony had to hear it from the media for every single mistake he's ever made and for a lot of mistakes that he didn't make? Can you imagine Tony being labeled the most overrated player in the NFL for years on end by countless idiots even though his stats and his play on the field show that he is actually one of the best? Can you imagine if Tony never got any credit at all for any of the good plays he makes, but every bad play he made was scrutinized over and over again?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;1831318 said:
That's nothing. Have you met his booster club? Terrifying. Rats to cheese? Try flies to a turd.
So what does it say when you're also drawn to said turd, if you're not also a fly? Different species, maybe?

zeromaster

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1831211 said:
http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/12/roy_takes_blame_for_leaky_run_d.html
"Yes, we got gashed," Williams said, referring to the Lions racking up a season-high 152 rushing yards. "There was maybe one or two players out of position, and that's it. You know what? I was out of position. How about that? So let's put it on me. I was out of position. I was out of position. They got a touchdown and a couple of big runs. You know, sue me."
If this quote is accurate, it still sounds like he's sensitive. Yes, he took some responsibility, good thing. It also sounds like because he's tired of hearing about his shortcomings, he's overdoing it even when a straightforward answer would have worked.

jmo

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
bbgun;1831318 said:
i'm trying to think of one positive thing i've ever seen you say..

speaking of turds, i think that's what i'll start nicknaming all of your posts..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zeromaster;1831337 said:
If this quote is accurate, it still sounds like he's sensitive. Yes, he took some responsibility, good thing. It also sounds like because he's tired of hearing about his shortcomings, he's overdoing it even when a straightforward answer would have worked.

jmo
I'm sure a media snippet will be posted on dc.com.

And in the context of it, I think he'll come across as sarcastic more than actually falling on any sword.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1831338 said:
i'm trying to think of one positive thing i've ever seen you say..

I'm trying to think of one honest Roy post you've ever authored. Give me a couple of hours to mull it over.

speaking of turds, i think that's what i'll start nicknaming all of your posts..

superpunk

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1831331 said:
So what does it say when you're also drawn to said turd, if you're not also a fly? Different species, maybe?

Dung beetle?

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I've not been a big fan of Roy these past couple of years, but it's pretty sad that he has to take heat at a time his team just won, and his team is 12 and 1.

I'm pretty sure he knows his flaws, nothing we can do about it now, but stick together, which us fans have not done.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;1831396 said:
I've not been a big fan of Roy these past couple of years, but it's pretty sad that he has to take heat at a time his team just won, and his team is 12 and 1.

I'm pretty sure he knows his flaws, nothing we can do about it now, but stick together, which us fans have not done.

Apologies like this are pointless. Whether it's a bobbled snap or a missed tackle, you can't undo what's been done. All you can do is try to improve. While Roy usually greets blame like a child greets bath time, he gets credit for stepping up to the plate here.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Can you imagine if Tony had to hear it from the media for every single mistake he's ever made and for a lot of mistakes that he didn't make? Can you imagine Tony being labeled the most overrated player in the NFL for years on end by countless idiots even though his stats and his play on the field show that he is actually one of the best? Can you imagine if Tony never got any credit at all for any of the good plays he makes, but every bad play he made was scrutinized over and over again?

Probably not because he's one of the people Roy has an attitude about. At some point every man says to hell with trying to explain, to hell with trying to please to hell with the whole song and dance. Roy's play will speak for itself So I get the feeling he's developing a **** attitude. As long as Jerry,Wade and his Teamates got his back, I bet he's probably thinking the rest of the world a can smootch his glutes.

zack

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1831211 said:
Roy takes blame for leaky run D

12:29 PM Thu, Dec 13, 2007 | Permalink
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

The Cowboys running defense had been solid all season until the last two weeks. Green Bay's Ryan Grant busted a 62-yard TD. The Lions looked like they actually had a legitimate rushing attack.

Roy Williams said he isn't worried about the trend. In an admirable move, he fell on the sword, admitting that he took poor angles on some of the big plays.

"Yes, we got gashed," Williams said, referring to the Lions racking up a season-high 152 rushing yards. "There was maybe one or two players out of position, and that's it. You know what? I was out of position. How about that? So let's put it on me. I was out of position. I was out of position. They got a touchdown and a couple of big runs. You know, sue me."

Way to step up, I like it. Now I know he'll do something about it to.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
bbgun;1831367 said:
I'm trying to think of one honest Roy post you've ever authored. Give me a couple of hours to mull it over.
ah, another negative turd from you..