DMN Blog: Roy takes blame for leaky run D

hairic

Reaction score
First run of the game:

http://img232.*************/img232/2191/foxhd2007120912021402ll3.jpg

That's so Roy's fault. Someone needs to teach that bum how to break out of a lineman's hold.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm glad Roy stepped up to the plate but Roy was not the only guys getting out of position or over running plays. LB's did not have a very good game this past week including Ware.

Nav22

Reaction score
Roy is so pathetically insecure and defensive sometimes...

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
SaMaD_KhARoME;1831236 said:
The guy is done, when Wade has to take him out of certain plays, that speaks volumes

put Watkins back there full time
:angryno: We KNOW you don't mean that!

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
AdamJT13;1831246 said:
He's accepted the blame before (the Cooley TD a few weeks ago, for example). He gets accused of not accepting blame for his mistakes because it's often not his mistake.

Even in this case, he takes the blame on himself even when it's other players who were more culpable than he was. Has Chris Canty said anything about missing the tackle on Duckett's TD run? Has Hamlin said anything about missing the tackle on Grant's TD run?
agreed.. yet, nobody ever, ever talks about the other guys.. the media and the fans always immediately look at Roy..

I think it comes down to this: Roy was pretty much Superman for us for so long that every single fan started watching Roy on every single play, expecting him to light someone up.. So whenever a big play happens, because our fans' eyes are still focused on Roy, they immediately blame him.. it's pretty ridiculous.. he's still a great player..

by the way, the over/under for how many pages this thread will go: 10. Who wants to place their bets?

hairic

Reaction score
Wait. I might have another shot of holding. This one is the Duckett TD, someone might be holding Ware (this is one of the only 5 good frames from that play, so I dunno how he got to hugging him or if he completed the hug).

http://img45.*************/img45/9656/foxhd200712091202140202yd9.jpg

DA FAN

Reaction score
He was taking bad angles on passing plays, now on running plays???

Does he need to go back to basics???

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Danny White;1831214 said:

ackbar_its_a_trap.jpg

superpunk

Reaction score
hairic;1831257 said:
Wait. I might have another shot of holding. This one is the Duckett TD, someone might be holding Ware (this is one of the only 5 good frames from that play, so I dunno how he got to hugging him or if he completed the hug).

I've got to blame Roy, here.

Definitely not DeMarcus, Ratliff, Ellis or James.

Kilyin

Reaction score
SaMaD_KhARoME;1831216 said:
what a baby, i hope hes gone

I hope you're gone, back from whence you came (got a dollar on AOL).

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
The Cowboys running defense had been solid all season until the last two weeks. Green Bay's Ryan Grant busted a 62-yard TD. The Lions looked like they actually had a legitimate rushing attack.

Roy Williams said he isn't worried about the trend. In an admirable move, he fell on the sword, admitting that he took poor angles on some of the big plays.

"Yes, we got gashed," Williams said, referring to the Lions racking up a season-high 152 rushing yards. "There was maybe one or two players out of position, and that's it. You know what? I was out of position. How about that? So let's put it on me. I was out of position. I was out of position. They got a touchdown and a couple of big runs. You know, sue me."

----

Thanks Roy

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
hairic;1831257 said:

Did we have any MLB on this play? Wait, I think I see one laying on the ground and maybe that is Ayodele on the far left. Or maybe that's James watching the RB run right by him too.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1831280 said:
Did we have any MLB on this play? Wait, I think I see one laying on the ground and maybe that is Ayodele on the far left. Or maybe that's James watching the RB run right by him too.

I believe that is Ellis watching him run by.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1831211 said:
"Yes, we got gashed," Williams said, referring to the Lions racking up a season-high 152 rushing yards. "There was maybe one or two players out of position, and that's it. You know what? I was out of position. How about that? So let's put it on me. I was out of position. I was out of position. They got a touchdown and a couple of big runs. You know, sue me."

Just take it like a man Roy, instead of always pointing fingers or getting all defensive.

superpunk

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY;1831277 said:
especially, especially not James..

As long as we're blaming Roy - it doesn't matter who we absolve.

dallasfaniac;1831280 said:

James is the one watching Duckett run by. Either that or that's Spears, and both of our ILBs are on the left side.