DMN: Blog: T.O.: 'I'm still not satisfied'

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
T.O.: 'I'm still not satisfied'

12:58 PM Tue, Nov 25, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon

You didn't think one big game would be enough to make T.O. happy, did you?

"I'm still not satisfied," T.O. said today. "I think that I could have done more. Up until this point, I understand the situations that we've had in front of us. We've had a lot of injuries. We haven't been able to throw the ball as much, as well without Tony in there. I understand the situation. For me, I'm just being patient and trying to take advantage of the opportunities when they do come my way."

Wait a second. You're coming off a 213-yard game, the second-highest yardage total of your career. Why aren't you satisfied?

"Because I could've been doing it all year long," T.O. said. "I'm not saying that in a negative way. For whatever reason, the opportunities didn't present themselves. Like I said, I know what I can do once I get the opportunities and I get catchable balls."

So what would satisfy you?

"Nothing," T.O. said. "No more questions from you."

For the record, T.O. pointed at another reporter when he said that last line. And, after some prodding, T.O. said a Super Bowl win would be satisfying.

TE Jason Witten, who has four catches in the last four games, snickered when told that T.O. still isn't satisfied.

"He's a competitor and I think he always is wanting more," Witten said, "and that's what makes him who he is."

On a somewhat related note, T.O. was wearing one of his signature T-shirts today that read "iLove" on the front and "ME SOME ME" on the back.

JerryFan

Reaction score
Cbz40;2443184 said:

Tim MacMahon You didn't think one big game would be enough to make T.O. happy, did you?

"I'm still not satisfied," T.O. said today. "I think that I could have done more. Up until this point, I understand the situations that we've had in front of us. We've had a lot of injuries. We haven't been able to throw the ball as much, as well without Tony in there. I understand the situation. For me, I'm just being patient and trying to take advantage of the opportunities when they do come my way."

Wait a second. You're coming off a 213-yard game, the second-highest yardage total of your career. Why aren't you satisfied?

"Because I could've been doing it all year long," T.O. said. "I'm not saying that in a negative way. For whatever reason, the opportunities didn't present themselves. Like I said, I know what I can do once I get the opportunities and I get catchable balls."

For the record, T.O. pointed at another reporter when he said that last line. And, after some prodding, T.O. said a Super Bowl win would be satisfying.

TE Jason Witten, who has four catches in the last four games, snickered when told that T.O. still isn't satisfied.

"He's a competitor and I think he always is wanting more," Witten said, "and that's what makes him who he is."

On a somewhat related note, T.O. was wearing one of his signature T-shirts today that read "iLove" on the front and "ME SOME ME" on the back.

Honestly. This is the attitude this team needs to take on. Even if they do get it together on O and keep playing good D they can't be satisfied. I think if we've learned one thing about this group of the last couple years is that they don't do well when being praised and told how good they are. The minute you sit back and become satisfied with what you've done there is someone else sitting there waiting to beat the Cowboys, and everyone regardless of what they say gets up a little extra for the Cowboys. Only time to be satisfied is when you're holding up the Lombardi Trophy with a big smile from ear to ear.

Reaction score
81 is hungry for the ball, there's a shocker... :rolleyes: See that's why I like him because he's never satisfied with a performance.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
Cbz40;2443184 said:

Tim MacMahon You didn't think one big game would be enough to make T.O. happy, did you?

What kind of chicken reporter would grovel to get a quotable comment from T.O., and then run to another player to ask him what he thought about T.O.'s comment?

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
Cbz40;2443184 said:

Will somebody please tape this guys mouth shut. all he does is talk.one good game out of 11 does not change a thing.

silver

Reaction score
good. i hope he goes medieval on the seahawks. how bout 300 combined yards on the seahawks? that would certainly be something on national tv

Reaction score
T.O. STILL ISN’T SATISFIED

Posted by Josh Alper on November 25, 2008, 4:24 p.m. EST
Terrell Owens met with the media Tuesday to discuss his 213-yard, one touchdown performance against the 49ers. He said that he was “still not satisfied” after the big game.
Nor should he be. It was one win against a bad team and the Cowboys still have to do a lot to make the playoffs. Not that Owens was thinking that big picture about his satisfaction.
“Because I could’ve been doing it all year long. I’m not saying that in a negative way. For whatever reason, the opportunities didn’t present themselves. Like I said, I know what I can do once I get the opportunities and I get catchable balls.”
Whatever reason could have been Brad Johnson or Jason Garrett, but let’s give T.O. a little credit for not throwing the offending party under the bus by name.
Owens also addressed his problems beating press coverage. According to ESPN’s Matt Mosley, he said he could be taken out of a game by PFT’s (and the Dallas Morning News’) own Tim McMahon if McMahon had help over the top. Note to 49ers: McMahon comes cheaper than Nate Clements. And, if anyone’s wondering, I’m more of a Cover-2 corner.

link:profootballtalk.com

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2443496 said:
I know what I can do once I get the opportunities and I get catchable balls.
That's what she said.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Whatever.

I like T.O. but I definately won't shed a tear when he is gone.

The 49ers won't be going to the Playoffs and had one of the poorest gameplans with regards to defending Terrell Owens that I have ever seen.

Their defensive gamplan Sunday was a prime example of why they will sitting at home during the Playoffs.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
Wow the media is always gonna be on T.O's nuts
But he isn't satisfied because we played an awful team,and because he knows he should be the go to guy in our offense but we don't have any challenging teams till pittsburgh so hes going to have to deal with it

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2443508 said:
Whatever.

I like T.O. but I definately won't shed a tear when he is gone.

The 49ers won't be going to the Playoffs and had one of the poorest gameplans with regards to defending Terrell Owens that I have ever seen.

Their defensive gamplan Sunday was a prime example of why they will sitting at home during the Playoffs.

i'm hoping we run the table...win the superbowl and get rid of him.

i appreciate his talent and all...but damn.

he's not a thug or anything but he's almost worst with all the media attention he draws.

the media are the true thugs and punks of pro sports.

and for all his *****ing...he drops his share of passes.

i'm all for:

roy williams
miles austin
patrick crayton
sam hurd

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
I'm not satisfied either; Not until every Non-Cowboy in this league is eating crow! Right after we've won the Super Bowl..

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Ok. I will admit I have never been a TO fan. I know what he can do, but all his crap nullifies it. I would aver that if he went away, Romo could play like he should and would spread the ball all over the field without worrying about who got what. None of the other skill players complain openly.

I'm just tired of his ****. I think his bad karma will cost us in the end for this season.

But because I'm a man who gives multiple chances to people, heaven knows i need them myself, I will just say this: TO shut the hell up!!!! (and just play).