DMN: Blog: T.O.: 'I'm still not satisfied'

JerryFan

Reaction score
Rampage;2443791 said:
why did we lose the 1st Commanders game this year?

Honestly both our lines got their butts whipped in that game and to me that's why we lost that early Commanders game.

cowboys5

Benched
Reaction score
like i said in my thread good teams/ player are never satisfied... its funny how before this post everyone was saying you should be happy yata yata yata but now everyone is tryna say they arent satisfied.. .give me a breakk... i was right all along

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Good to hear this..

This is the attitude the whole team should take..

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
And after actually listening to the interview I'm even more convinced that anyone who thinks this is an issue, or him being a jerk, are simply haters who are just like those media people who've been waiting and waiting and waiting for him to blow up for nearly 3 full years now just so that they can say "I told you so".

Keep waiting haters. Keep waiting.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2443707 said:
Actually Romo already spreads the ball all over the field without worrying about who gets it. He goes to TO a lot because of his talent. I don't believe that he is forcing the ball to TO like people say. He threw 3 TDs to 3 different receivers on Sunday. He goes through his progressions and hits the open man. He is getting more comfortable with Roy Williams and will surely start finding him more. And when Witten is healthy, he is Romo's security blanket, not TO. When a guy is capable of pulling down 213 yards for you, you'd be foolish not to look for him, but the perception that he is forcing the ball to him is false.

Mamacita, I respect your point. BUT, this is not just your typical very good receiver wanting the ball alot. It's "T.O!" (*does T O cheerleading move*). Just ask Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb what kind of teammate TO can be. Not conducive to team chemistry. Why does he have to complain in public???????????????? Why does he have to call out the coaches??? I think he gets on Tony's nerves. I think he gets on the team's nerves.

I'm just tired of his crap.

Just my opinion.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
AtomicDog;2444512 said:
Mamacita, I respect your point. BUT, this is not just your typical very good receiver wanting the ball alot. It's "T.O!" (*does T O cheerleading move*). Just ask Jeff Garcia and Donovan McNabb what kind of teammate TO can be. Not conducive to team chemistry. Why does he have to complain in public???????????????? Why does he have to call out the coaches??? I think he gets on Tony's nerves. I think he gets on the team's nerves.

Just my opinion.

Certainly sounds like he's getting on your nerves.:D

Trust me on two things.
We will have Cowboy football without Owens soon enough. He's 35.
We will miss Cowboy football with Owens more than many of us realize.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2444153 said:
And after actually listening to the interview I'm even more convinced that anyone who thinks this is an issue, or him being a jerk, are simply haters who are just like those media people who've been waiting and waiting and waiting for him to blow up for nearly 3 full years now just so that they can say "I told you so".

Keep waiting haters. Keep waiting.

:hammer: I live in the Philly area and am amazed at how many, "he's bound to blown sometime morons" still exist.

I've said this at least a hundred times. Before the Eagles signed Owens, before the Cowboys signed Owens and after the Cowboys signed Owens.

Owens is a great player, a HOF'er. He changes the game. He's a little difficult to handle for some. He's a show-boating boisterous player. Not unlike Irvin who also had his detractors amoung Cowboy fans.

The problems with Owens in SF and Phila were financially related. Period! When he believed he was being fairly compensated, he was a great player and a great teammate. Nobody outworked him or outplayed him.

Unlike some other Cowboy players I wont name here, he keeps himself in excellent shape year round and is a true professional.

From the time the Eagles suspended him pending an off-season release, I knew Jones would sign him. I also knew that Jones had the sense to make sure he was fairly compensted and that would lead to a productive relationship. It has.

JordanTaber

Benched
Reaction score
AtomicDog;2444512 said:

Just my opinion.

Just ask T.O. what kind of teammates Jeff "2-time .20+ DUI/party on Saturdays before games" Garcia and Donovan "black on black crime" McNabb are.

Note how those are really the only two teammates he's had who ever had a problem with him. Unless you count Eagles "team ambassador" Hugh "I heard somebody in here is fakin' injuries!" Douglas.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
JerryFan;2444101 said:
Honestly both our lines got their butts whipped in that game and to me that's why we lost that early Commanders game.

Add the Gint's, Cards and Rams to that list.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2443944 said:
If you say that we lost the first game vs Washington because we abandoned the running game, and tried to feed the ball to T.O.

Yet we threw 10 passes to Witten, 9 to Crayton, 6 to Austin, and only 2 check downs to Barber.

And the coaches came out and said that they called alot of running plays that Romo checked out of because the Skins had 8 or more in the box. So maybe it was a little of Romo's fault?
But I don't understand the logic that says our QB threw the ball to T.O. 20 times, but it's T.O.'s fault? But I guess he was probably complaining the whole game and Tony was trying to make him feel better, right? Or, maybe it was the fact that Tony checked out of running plays and knew he needed to make something happen, just remember it was against Washington when they connected for 4 TD's last season too. But we shouldn't have forced it in that game either, someone else could've caught one or two of those.... He's so selfish. :laugh2: :bang2: :laugh2:

There was one play in that game where he had Austin wide open deep, but decided to dump it to MARTELLUS BENNETT.

Just wanted to add that too...

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Boysboy;2445234 said:
There was one play in that game where he had Austin wide open deep, but decided to dump it to MARTELLUS BENNETT.

Just wanted to add that too...

Dumping it to 'Tellus is a long ball in Brad's book.............. ;)

Just sayin'.

Section446

Reaction score
Good, I hope T.O. is never satisfied; show me a satisfied WR and I'll show you a bad WR.