DMN Blog: T.O.'s talk with D. Sanders didn't change the game plan... taunts JJT

khiladi

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;2439164 said:
:hammer:
That's what I've been thinking all along. You can see on the replays that it takes time to beat the double team and our QB simply hasn't had time to let that develop. How that translates into "TO is washed up" is beyond me.

You can do different things though, which Garrett hasn't been doing. Shortening the routes would be helpful, putting TO in motion as well... Our offense is vertical by nature. Our plays are late developing... And we don't actually run play-action effectively as well, compounding the problem... Garrett isn't doing a good job of getting the safeties to bite. He doesn't have that feel where of the game it seems, at least yet. Tony Romo buys time with his feet when these big plays usually happen...

aikemirv

Reaction score
You get on National TV and tell everyone that T.O is not the best WR on the team anymore. You have to eat your words I guess JJT is just like T.O.

A lot of talk

It is kinda funny and ironic!

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
theogt;2438316 said:
Terrell Owens with Tony Romo this season:

17.4 YPC, 76 YPG

Terrell Owens without Tony Romo this season:

8.3 YPC, 33.3 YPG

Yup, it was Terrell that lost it.
Before yesterday, he averaged 58 yds/game with Tony Romo starting. (of course, that got Art Monk into the HOF)

Pretending that all is well with TO because of one good game is foolish.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have to say I was surprised the 9ers did not run some similar coverage’s vs TO as others have done recently. Even Romo commented on the fact that TO was seeing one on one and zone coverage with little contact at the line of scrimmage. People can say what they want about TO but the man in one on one situation is going to win that battle hands down.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
TO and some fans here think the boys won a playoff game or something. ROTF we beat a crummy team, left alot of points on teh board and our pass D got gashed early and late.

200 yards whoop-de-doo. He can thank Romo for that actually.

Now lets see MOTORMOUTH do it vs PITT, BALT, NYG, PHI and the other important upcoming games and playoff teams.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch;2439869 said:
TO and some fans here think the boys won a playoff game or something. ROTF we beat a crummy team, left alot of points on teh board and our pass D got gashed early and late.

Now lets see MOTORMOUTH do it vs PITT, BALT, NYG, PHI and the other important upcoming games and playoff teams.

We won a game we were supposed to win that is what Dallas needed to do and did so. As far as Pitt, Balt, NY and Philly all are good teams but they are still teams Dallas is capable of beating.

sbark

Reaction score
chinch;2439869 said:

Ya, I think JJT should have saved the article and ran it before one of your 4 teams.....

maybe he can come up with a new slant for each of those 4 games to PO TO, has to do it early enough for Deon to get him on TV with it......

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;2439869 said:

:rolleyes:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
chinch;2439869 said:
TO and some fans here think the boys won a playoff game or something.

And some fans act like we lost ..... or rather wished we had to prove some stupid point.

Reaction score
Double Trouble;2439852 said:
Before yesterday, he averaged 58 yds/game with Tony Romo starting. (of course, that got Art Monk into the HOF)

Quit constantly hating on the guy.....

Tony finally threw him balls he could run underneath consistently and he produced. Sure the coverages helped the most, but Tony (and the playcalling) gave him a chance to make a play.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2439852 said:

So yesterday didn't happen?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
zrinkill;2439887 said:
And some fans act like we lost ..... or rather wished we had to prove some stupid point.

I think you are using the word fan loosely, hell I question some of our fans. Winning and losing does not seem as important as their own personal agenda. Some are more interested in their point of view being correct than what the team actually does.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2439895 said:
I think you are using the word fan loosely, hell I question some of our fans. Winning and losing does not seem as important as their own personal agenda. Some are more interested in their point of view being correct than what the team actually does.

Please don't speak for other fans. You sound like a happy fan... good for you.

I'm sure there is not one cowboy fan upset that the team won. I'm sure we're all happy about a WIN.

Now the fact that some of you need to pound your chests and say I WAS RIGHT... TO IS GREAT is perplexing, but within your right. I'd rather have TO JUST SHUT UP and do all his talking on the field.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
chinch;2439932 said:

I'm sure there is not one cowboy fan upset that the team won. I'm sure we're all happy about a WIN.

Now the fact that some of you need to pound your chests and say I WAS RIGHT... TO IS GREAT is perplexing, but within your right. I'd rather have TO JUST SHUT UP and do all his talking on the field.

:rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
chinch;2439932 said:

I'll say what I want sorry if you don't like it, you want to whine that is your right then again that is all you do is whine every single week. I would think most fans are happy about winning after all that is what the game is about winning. NY beat cinn in an overtime game but it was a win it counts as a win. But some of you are to dumb to understand that instead you take every single win for granted then slam on those who just might be a bit happy that our team won a game. Yeah you are some fan alright

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2438723 said:
A good and sensible post.

The 49ers, inexplicably, didn't jam Owens nor did it play him with a safety over the top. And T.O. aint lost that much that he's not going to beat that type of coverage.

But let's see when we get to the tough part of our schedule, having to play teams like the Steelers, Ravens and Giants. The 49ers aren't exactly the measuring stick for whether you've lost a step.

I agree.

And when Owens has a bad game, or two, or three against some of these more intelligent defenses, is he going to man up and tell everyone that he didn't get the job done? That he struggled.

No, because it's never his fault.

That's what everyone wants JJT to do. Admit he was wrong.

JJT won't, and neither will Owens.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chief;2439952 said:
I agree.

And when Owens has a bad game, or two, or three against some of these more intelligent defenses, is he going to man up and tell everyone that he didn't get the job done? That he struggled.

No, because it's never his fault.

That's what everyone wants JJT to do. Admit he was wrong.

JJT won't, and neither will Owens.
I think we all know that you can take a single player out of a game, no matter who the player is. The choice is whether you want to do that and let someone else have opportunities. But when a defense makes that choice and takes out Owens, how is that Owens' fault? Why should he admit that he isn't performing, particularly when the offensive coordinator isn't doing things to help him beat such coverage?

I think people just want a player or a coach to take blame because it's somehow the manly, right thing to do. Even if it isn't warranted.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
theogt;2439959 said:
I think we all know that you can take a single player out of a game, no matter who the player is. The choice is whether you want to do that and let someone else have opportunities. But when a defense makes that choice and takes out Owens, how is that Owens' fault? Why should he admit that he isn't performing, particularly when the offensive coordinator isn't doing things to help him beat such coverage?

I think people just want a player or a coach to take blame because it's somehow the manly, right thing to do. Even if it isn't warranted.

Why should JJT admit he's wrong when it was clear to everyone that the 49er defensive gameplan (and Romo) helped Owens have that big day?

Because fans hate reporters and love players. That's just how it is.

Owens has never taken the blame for anything. We like to overlook this because he's a Cowboy, but the guy is a drama queen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Chief;2439980 said:
Why should JJT admit he's wrong when it was clear to everyone that the 49er defensive gameplan (and Romo) helped Owens have that big day?

Because fans hate reporters and love players. That's just how it is.

Owens has never taken the blame for anything. We like to overlook this because he's a Cowboy, but the guy is a drama queen.

Yes he is and he is our drama queen. :laugh2: TO is who he is. He has very good talent and is a big part of the team but with him you have to take the good with the bad and lucky for us his bad has not been as bad as other years