DMN Blog: T.O. skips weekly media session

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1699452 said:
Sorry just responding to your last sentence: He better show and make a difference. Period.

I don't care if he has 1 catch this game is not about TO.

Well he just made it about him.

Enough excuses about double coverage and he helps others get open(while all true)..... Its time for him to make a major impact on a grand stage.

Now....this game.... would be a great time to start....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1699472 said:
Well he just made it about him.

Enough excuses about double coverage and he helps others get open(while all true)..... Its time for him to make a major impact on a grand stage.

Now....this game.... would be a great time to start....

I don't call Romo not going to TO because of coverage as an excuse. Pat or any team can take out 1 player from a game it is not that hard to do if you are willing to give up plays elsewhere. If others are making plays then we force the Pats to adjust coverages and that very well could open up TO. Right now the last thing I want to see is Romo forcing passes to TO because in the end it is about winning a football game not which WR (TO or Moss) got the most catches. Lastly he did not make this about him you guys are making this about him, maybe TO should not have left the note but then so what who fricken cares?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mosley blog

All Signs Point To Big Game For T.O.

October 10, 2007 2:14 PM

Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens didn't hold his usual Wednesday press briefing, but he was polite enough to explain his absence on a large laminated sign hanging in his locker.

"Due to the magnitude of this week's game and high volume of questions for the Original 81 about the other 81. I will be taking all questions immediately following Sunday's game."

Sincerely,

Terrell Owens 81

p.s. Getcha Popcorn Ready

And yes, I know T.O. had a bit of a punctuation issue in the memo, but we'll look past that. The "other 81" is an obvious reference to Patriots receiver Randy Moss. The sign touched off a wild scene around T.O.'s locker, and at least two "reporters" had their pictures taken in front of it.

I snapped a picture of the sign with my Blackberry Curve, but poor lighting in the locker room may have thwarted my efforts. One by one, Cowboys players walked over to look at the sign.

Another typo in the letter was covered up with a strip of adhesive tape, which is a luxury I don't have. And one last thing: From this point on, please refer to this Sunday's Patriots-Cowboys game as the "Duel in Dallas" in all correspondence.

Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips has already done his part by comparing his team's performance against the Bills to legendary post-Civil War outlaw Cole Younger, who once rode with Jesse and Frank James.

Back with a transcript of my interview with Bill Belichick in a moment.

Bill Belichick, Cole Younger, Randy Moss, Terrell Owens

Read comments or leave a comment

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1699480 said:
I don't call Romo not going to TO because of coverage as an excuse. Pat or any team can take out 1 player from a game it is not that hard to do if you are willing to give up plays elsewhere. If others are making plays then we force the Pats to adjust coverages and that very well could open up TO. Right now the last thing I want to see is Romo forcing passes to TO because in the end it is about winning a football game not which WR (TO or Moss) got the most catches. Lastly he did not make this about him you guys are making this about him, maybe TO should not have left the note but then so what who fricken cares?

No one is saying Romo should force anything to TO... TO needs to get himself in position to make a play and Romo has to get it to him..... just like the TD play on 4th down a few weeks ago.

I disagree. He made it about him. "The original 81..."

come on friend

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1699515 said:
No one is saying Romo should force anything to TO... TO needs to get himself in position to make a play and Romo has to get it to him..... just like the TD play on 4th down a few weeks ago.

I disagree. He made it about him. "The original 81..."

come on friend

TO may have put up the message but if he is keeping his trap shut until after the game then great. The rest of this is meaningless BS that has nothing to do with anything. As far as getting open on the 4th down play hell when your being raped by Witten sooner or later teams are going to figure that on 4th and short Romo has got to be going to Witten which was a bad move on their part because it freed up TO to make the big play down the field.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1699551 said:
TO may have put up the message but if he is keeping his trap shut until after the game then great. The rest of this is meaningless BS that has nothing to do with anything. As far as getting open on the 4th down play hell when your being raped by Witten sooner or later teams are going to figure that on 4th and short Romo has got to be going to Witten which was a bad move on their part because it freed up TO to make the big play down the field.

No... no... no..... give credit to Romo-TO on that one....

ps. You are straying.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
stealth;1699270 said:
Am I the only one who is really excited how fired up TO seems to be?
I can't wait for sunday

I loved what TO said on MNF in one of the video intros they did. He looked right into the camera, and as proud as can be said,"I'm on America's Team".

I think the guy loves him some us. :D

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick;1699555 said:
No... no... no..... give credit to Romo-TO on that one....

ps. You are straying.

I give credit for Romo and TO being on the same page but the play was suppose to be a short rout but the defense had that covered which allowed TO and Romo to connect on the deeper rout. It was man on the outside with no help over the top. If the intent was to keep TO from catching the ball then you roll coverage over the top of him and force Romo to look elsewhere.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1699565 said:
I give credit for Romo and TO being on the same page but the play was suppose to be a short rout but the defense had that covered which allowed TO and Romo to connect on the deeper rout. It was man on the outside with no help over the top. If the intent was to keep TO from catching the ball then you roll coverage over the top of him and force Romo to look elsewhere.

I like you Doom... fun interaction.....

My point... once again... is the FACT that TO went to Romo/Wade/Garrett, whoever... and said lets get it done.

Nothing more.

yennor24

Reaction score
ESPN is something else...I swear they were waiting for T.O. to blow up monday...They must have showed him on the sidelines 45 times...

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I hope he doesn't talk too much after the game. We may play these guys in the Super Bowl.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1699707 said:
I hope he doesn't talk too much after the game. We may play these guys in the Super Bowl.

Why would it matter? Getting pumped in the Super Bowl is not going to be an issue for the teams who are in it and all the talk is not going to make a differance. The way I see it no one is going to take it easy on you regardless of what was said or not. If I recall in 92 Jimmy Johnson told the media to put it in 3 inch letters that Dallas would beat San Fran and it did nothing to help San Fran.

Mansta54

Reaction score
PosterChild;1699291 said:
He was a lot closer Mon. night than most people seem to realize. I re-watched the game last night and he was regressing back to "The Player." On the field and on the sidelines.

:shoot6:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
yennor24;1699626 said:
ESPN is something else...I swear they were waiting for T.O. to blow up monday...They must have showed him on the sidelines 45 times...
I am getting sick of the excessive coverage of Owens and Romo.

Owens has been just fine and Romo has been better than fine and a lot of fun - but the media coverage of these two has gone so over-the-top ....

Angus

Reaction score
Terrell Owens' message about Randy Moss for the media

by Dave Halprin (Grizz) Wed Oct 10, 2007 at 06:04:27 PM EDT

Dear Reporters,
Due to the magnitude of this week's game and the high volume of questions for the Original 81 about the other 81, I will be taking all questions immediately following Sunday's game.
Sincerely,
Terrell Owens #81

p.s. Getcha Popcorn Ready

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wade on...

Terrell Owens?
We got to get him the ball more, he had them beat a few times but we didn’t get it there. We need to make him the primary read more. We know if we don’t get Owens or Witten the ball, or certain guys, then we try to do that. They’re doubling him, Witten will tell you that. Some other guys get one-on-one coverage and Crayton took advantage against the Rams. Terrell takes pride in taking 2 or 3 guys with him. People think he’s only about catching the ball.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
good TO, don't talk too much before the game

as the last time you 2 met on opposite sides of the field, you didn't do to well, while Moss had a field day

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;1699264 said:
Dear Reporters, Due to the magnitude and high volume of questions for the Original 81 about the other 81. :laugh2: I will be taking all questions immediately following Sunday's game.​
Sincerely,​
Terrell Owens (autograph)​
p.s. Getcha Popcorn Ready​

OMG. That is great!!! :lmao2: Thanks for making my day. ;)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
ZeroClub;1699753 said:
I am getting sick of the excessive coverage of Owens and Romo.

Owens has been just fine and Romo has been better than fine and a lot of fun - but the media coverage of these two has gone so over-the-top ....

It's typically biased BSPN protocol. Nothing has changed from last year.

RomoMan

Benched
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1700004 said:
It's typically biased BSPN protocol. Nothing has changed from last year.

The minute Skip Bayless started ranting how Joe Torre did a ****** job and should get fired, I just tuned it out since-Sure, he's a Cowboy hater, but I'm nonetheless shocked how Torre, who's been the best MLB manager the last decade, gets unfairly torched by BSPN, when, of course, he IS the reason why the Yankess are consistently successful, despite many deficiencies on that team.

Not an opinion, just the facts.