DMN Blog: Terence Newman: 'I'm coming out straight ballin'!'

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2:11 PM Fri, Nov 14, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Pro Bowl CB Terence Newman won't be timid in his return against the Commanders. The sports hernia that slowed him down during his awful performance in the loss to Washington has been fixed. And his swagger is back after what he called the best week of practice he's had in a long time.
Does he think he'll be rusty?

"Straight ballin', homie!," he answered with a big smile. "Straight ballin'! That's all I can tell you. I'm coming out straight ballin'!

"As far as I know, this could be my last game, so that's how I'm coming out. I'm taking that mentality. I've got to lay everything out for this game."

Newman, who was originally diagnosed with a partially torn groin during the first week of training camp, knew something was seriously wrong after the Commanders torched him repeatedly. He had major trouble planting off his left foot and opening up in that direction. However, he didn't make any excuses while accepting blame in the locker room after the game.

"I just wanted to go out and fight through it and help my teammates," Newman said. "In reality, I probably hurt them more than anything, not being able to run full speed and not being able to make cuts, turn certain directions."

Now Newman says he's pain free for his return against Washington. He said the fact that he'll see the the team that took advantage of him right off the bat doesn't add any motivation. The chance to prove his worth to the team and help fight for a playoff berth provides plenty of fire for him.

Not that he isn't seeking some revenge.
"They've had our number for a little bit," Newman said. "They beat us at home this year. We're looking to go into there and make a statement."

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (0) Leave comment | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2418192 said:
"They've had our number for a little bit," Newman said. "They beat us at home this year. We're looking to go into there and make a statement."
That's all I'm really asking from this team. Well, that and a win. :)

superpunk

Reaction score
lol....+1,000,000 to this thread

WoodysGirl;2418192 said:
"As far as I know, this could be my last game, so that's how I'm coming out. I'm taking that mentality. I've got to lay everything out for this game."

Pretty terrifying suggestion.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Whoa...

Like this guy? :eek:

2004074462.jpg

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Like the confidence.

But I'll believe it when I see it. Romo and Newman have missed some time. I wouldn't be surprised to see them be a bit rusty.

reddyuta

Reaction score
thats a good attitude but please dont leave newman alone on moss.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDinAZ;2418214 said:
Actions speak louder than words....
Agreed and let me add that since this is a team sport, it won't mean a hill of beans if Newman plays lights out and the rest of the defense doesn't follow suit.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Well, one good thing about this is, you can't come out straight ballin playing 10 yards off can you?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I just hope that if we DO come out and beat the crap out of the Commanders, that the team doesn't feel like they have proven that they can play and are back in the driver seat... and then come back the following week and lay an egg.

aikemirv

Reaction score
AsthmaField;2418233 said:
I just hope that if we DO come out and beat the crap out of the Commanders, that the team doesn't feel like they have proven that they can play and are back in the driver seat... and then come back the following week and lay an egg.

Yep, that is why when someone posted a thread about what our toughest remaining game was I put the Skins game and the SF game.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
When he says 'Straight Ballin' is he referring to his play on the field or the state of his groin injury?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dallasfaniac;2418239 said:
When he says 'Straight Ballin' is he referring to his play on the field or the state of his groin injury?
:lmao2:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
he got hurt, came back and played like crap. he got hurt again and now he says he's gonna be ballin? i'll believe it when I see it.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
His attitude is encouraging but will the defensive scheme still call for our corners to be 10-12 yards off the ball? If so then it won't matter.

aikemirv

Reaction score
dallas_112678;2418257 said:
It means he is going to be balling in a linear motion....pretty simple actually. :D

We understand Straight - what does ballin mean?