DMN Blog: Terence Newman: 'I'm coming out straight ballin'!'

Smith22

Reaction score
reddyuta;2418213 said:
thats a good attitude but please dont leave newman alone on moss.

He has handled Steve Smith just fine in the past. TNew can handle Moss.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm thrilled to see Newman coming back. This is just another reason for me to be very pumped up for this game.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
reddyuta;2418213 said:
thats a good attitude but please dont leave newman alone on moss.

he's shut down moss before.....

Tnew Go hard!!!!!!

holla at your boy!!!!!!!!!!!11

Smith22

Reaction score
From that article:

One way to deal with Moss — the conservative solution — is to assign two defensive backs to cover him at all times. But that leaves one fewer defender to cover other receivers, tackle running backs or rush the quarterback. Parcells decides he would rather risk having cornerback Terence Newman cover Moss man to man. When the Cowboys are in man-to-man coverage, Newman will go where Moss goes. Parcells points out Commanders right tackle Jon Jansen. “This is Jansen getting pushed back,” he says. “He doesn’t look like the player he was a couple of years ago.” The right side of the Commanders’ line seems to have trouble with twists. If Newman can cover Moss long enough, Jansen won’t be able to hold off Greg Ellis or Marcus Spears, the Cowboys’ pass rushers he has to block.

Temo

Reaction score
That article was written in 2006. We're two debilitating Newman injuries along now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Temo;2418386 said:
That article was written in 2006. We're two debilitating Newman injuries along now.

The injuries Newman has had while it kept him out of the lineup is not the type of injury that has lasting effects.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2418395 said:
The injuries Newman has had while it kept him out of the lineup is not the type of injury that has lasting effects.

Yeah... T-New now has a bionic groin. He'll be even better. :D

Temo

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2418395 said:

First of all... no, not the groin and/or hernia. Those can definitely linger.

Secondly, I meant it more like "he's older and more prone to injury. Also possibly slower".

In any case, it won't matter. Newman won't be on an island with Moss, that much I can guarantee you. He's still a good CB, but neither the defensive philosophy nor the situation calls for that sort of coverage.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Newman health, confident, and with something to prove is a good thing. Our young guys have promise and Henry is decent but there aren't many true #1 CBs in this league and we've got one in T-New

He wants some of Moss - I hope this turns out like the rematch with Steve Smith a few years back.