WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Terence Newman was terrible, but at least he admits it
7:55 PM Sun, Sep 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Unlike a certain superstar wide receiver, Pro Bowl CB Terence Newman can admit when he doesn't play well.

And Newman stunk up the joint in the first half, when he got beat for short TD catches by James Thrash and Antwaan Randle El and got toasted on a 53-yard completion to Santana Moss.

"The first half was basically a terrible half for me," Newman said, standing in the middle of the locker room and accepting blame while surrounded by a media horde.

Newman, who wasn't pleased about the coverage scheme that left him chasing James Thrash across the field on the Commanders' first TD, singled out Moss' big play as his biggest mistake. He said the coaches went over that play during meetings this week, but he screwed up by biting on the double-move, jumping an out route and letting Moss run right by him.

"That was all my fault," he said.

Comments (10) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Q_the_man

Reaction score
Bad game, we all have one here in there.... plus he got burnt on little crossing routes and that 1 long pass.. but hey we all have bad days..... first time I saw TNew give up 2 TDs in a game though.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vintage;2293682 said:
Where's Adam?
Adam 'Pacman' Jones puts positive spin on loss

8:20 PM Sun, Sep 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Wise veteran Adam "Pacman" Jones wasn't too worried after his first loss in a Cowboys uniform.

Pacman, whose charity beach volleyball tournament Friday night was reportedly a big hit, figures this'll be a good test for the Cowboys.

"We'll really see how tough this team is," Pacman said. "I think we'll be all right. You guys are going to give us hell no matter what."

The "you guys" reference was to the evil media, of course. We'll certainly be a lot tougher than the Cowboys' next opponent, the winless Cincinnati Bengals.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

khiladi

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293674 said:
Newman, who wasn't pleased about the coverage scheme that left him chasing James Thrash across the field on the Commanders' first TD, singled out Moss' big play as his biggest mistake. He said the coaches went over that play during meetings this week, but he screwed up by biting on the double-move, jumping an out route and letting Moss run right by him.

"That was all my fault," he said.

And yet, Wade said it was the coaches fault for not preparing them. Wade said they knew that play was coming.

Wade, stop being a pansy, and placing all the blame on your self...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Vintage;2293682 said:
Where's Adam?

Adam has admitted to Newman getting beat on that play. He also knows he got beat on those two TD's, which I think were for a combined 8 yards. Unfortunately, many posters believe Moss was open all day long and torched Newman on every single play, which didn't happen.

YAKUZA

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293687 said:
Adam 'Pacman' Jones puts positive spin on loss

8:20 PM Sun, Sep 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz

Wise veteran Adam "Pacman" Jones wasn't too worried after his first loss in a Cowboys uniform.

Pacman, whose charity beach volleyball tournament Friday night was reportedly a big hit, figures this'll be a good test for the Cowboys.

"We'll really see how tough this team is," Pacman said. "I think we'll be all right. You guys are going to give us hell no matter what."

The "you guys" reference was to the evil media, of course. We'll certainly be a lot tougher than the Cowboys' next opponent, the winless Cincinnati Bengals.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Pacman needs to shut up and start producing

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TNew is my homie and I still love him.

I'm proud to see he stood up for his terrible play today.

Let's just hope he learned something.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2293698 said:
Adam has admitted to Newman getting beat on that play. He also knows he got beat on those two TD's, which I think were for a combined 8 yards. Unfortunately, many posters believe Moss was open all day long and torched Newman on every single play, which didn't happen.

The TDs were 3 yards and 2 yards. The long catch was the only catch he allowed that was thrown more than 3 yards downfield.

For some reason, Aikman and the cameras focused on Newman after Moss beat Anthony Henry a few times, so now everyone thinks Moss had a bunch of catches against Newman, which isn't true at all. He had one.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Good of newman to stand up and take it like a man.

He was bad today. But he wasnt alone.

Plenty of good Dallas teams in the past have lost to teams in ny, wash and philly during the regular season. its not the end of the world.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2293725 said:
The TDs were 3 yards and 2 yards. The long catch was the only catch he allowed that was thrown more than 3 yards downfield.

For some reason, Aikman and the cameras focused on Newman after Moss beat Anthony Henry a few times, so now everyone thinks Moss had a bunch of catches against Newman, which isn't true at all. He had one.

the man admitted he didnt play well.

He tackled extremely poorly and he wasnt mentally sharp. He basically gave up the entire drive on the second touchdown. He was going with randle el in motion on one play and got caught drifting and randle el turned around and campbell went right to randle el for a big play.

Newman was off tonight. And when your best corner doesnt have his act together it rubs off on everyone else.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Here is a list of people I want to see stand up for this game personally:

Jason Garrett
Tony Romo
TO
Patrick Crayton
Wade Phillips
T Newman (check)
Anthony Henry
Brian Stewart

Eskimo

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2293712 said:
Pacman needs to shut up and start producing

Pac played well today.

Campbell went after the others.

VoR

Reaction score
"Terence Newman was terrible, but at least he admits it".

So...that makes it all OK then?

Eskimo

Reaction score
utrunner07;2293749 said:
Here is a list of people I want to see stand up for this game personally:

Jason Garrett
Tony Romo
TO
Patrick Crayton
Wade Phillips
T Newman (check)
Anthony Henry
Brian Stewart

What did Crayton not do? Can't really remember - drop a pass? I thought he did okay and probably should have been a bigger part of the game plan. He seemed open most of the time. Romo overthrew him on a potential big play on a skinny post.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Eskimo;2293804 said:
What did Crayton not do? Can't really remember - drop a pass? I thought he did okay and probably should have been a bigger part of the game plan. He seemed open most of the time. Romo overthrew him on a potential big play on a skinny post.

hmm...you must not know me...I always want Crayton to apologize, even for his smallest mistakes. Its just the way I am, its a sickness really.

Eskimo

Reaction score
VoR;2293803 said:
"Terence Newman was terrible, but at least he admits it".

So...that makes it all OK then?

It's not okay, but it is the truth and everyone has a bad game once in awhile. Newman has probably been the Cowboys most consistently excellent player over the last 6 years. He has not had many bad games.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
theebs;2293746 said:
the man admitted he didnt play well.

He tackled extremely poorly and he wasnt mentally sharp.

I haven't rewatched the game, but I don't remember Newman missing a tackle other than when he couldn't sack Campbell. On which plays did he miss a tackle?

He basically gave up the entire drive on the second touchdown.

The only thing Newman gave up on the second TD drive was the 2-yard TD pass. Give any quarterback that much time in the pocket on third-and-goal from the 2, and it should be a touchdown. He obviously isn't happy about it, but it's not like it was bad coverage on the play.

None of the other plays on that drive came against Newman -- three runs for 12 yards by Portis, a 9-yard pass to Cooley and a 28-yard pass to Moss (not being covered by Newman -- or anyone else, for that matter).