DMN Blog: Terence Newman was terrible, but at least he admits it

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2293687 said:
Adam 'Pacman' Jones puts positive spin on loss

8:20 PM Sun, Sep 28, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Wise veteran Adam "Pacman" Jones wasn't too worried after his first loss in a Cowboys uniform.

Pacman, whose charity beach volleyball tournament Friday night was reportedly a big hit, figures this'll be a good test for the Cowboys.

"We'll really see how tough this team is," Pacman said. "I think we'll be all right. You guys are going to give us hell no matter what."

The "you guys" reference was to the evil media, of course. We'll certainly be a lot tougher than the Cowboys' next opponent, the winless Cincinnati Bengals.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry

Timmay is added to the list of people I would fight in public if I saw them in an opportune venue.

Side-note: Pacman is a real dude. Handled it well And don't be surprised if he works out for us long term. He's getting better each week and is getting a lot more comfortable. Don't be surprised if he works out long term. And can somebody throw my man a block. That goes for Felix too.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
41gy#;2294070 said:
There is plenty of blame to go around for this game.

Why did Felix Jones not touch the football on offense in this game?

And why did JG abandon the run the second half? They were down a fieldgoal.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Newman makes too much money to play the way he did tonight. The Deadskins made our whole secondary look suspect. I'm disappointed in a performance like that against a division rival, but at least we have the Bungles to beat up next week.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2294446 said:
And why did JG abandon the run the second half? They were down a fieldgoal.

Because we were in come-from-behind mode. :lmao:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I think what theebs meant about poor tackling was that TN barely made an effort to tackle several times.

Say the D is playing a zone, with the LB in front and Newman behind. The offensive player catches the ball in the seam of the zone. Fine, that's nobody's "fault". But TN right now just drifts around and watches while someone else makes the tackle. That's not like him, or at least not how he's been the last several years. He's not real physical in getting off blocks in the run game, but that's somewhat understandable as he's not a big corner and, frankly, most CBs are that way. But he's usually a very solid and willing tackler when he has a shot at the ballcarrier, and right now he's not that at all.

Which is one reason I have to think he's still not healthy. He's not breaking on the ball or on the ballcarrier like he normally does.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Newman shouldn't be so modest....

He stunk the second half up too...

He basically cost us this game and he better be better next time... my patience is running thin with him (like it matters)... :rolleyes:

When you get the money he is getting... you better damn-well be shutdown...

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
trickblue;2294732 said:
Newman shouldn't be so modest....

He stunk the second half up too...

Did he allow any catches in the second half?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2294745 said:

I'll have to check that to be sure Adam...

He darn sure allowed some in the first half... and some big ones...

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Newman got embarrassed pre-snap by Thrash and then was spun around by Randel-El, both plays for TDs.

He had a terrible game, end of story.

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
Basically...we Came down back to earth and maybe this loss can be useful to loose also our ego and overconfidence to be the better team

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2294745 said:

Skins went into ball control mode in the second half, less opportunity for TNew to suck if they don't throw the ball as much.

DMX690

Reaction score
BAT;2294845 said:
Skins went into ball control mode in the second half, less opportunity for TNew to suck if they don't throw the ball as much.

Yet when they did threw, they attack Henry, Jones and the Linebackers. Yes TNew did sucked in the first half. Every player is allow to have a bad game once in while. Lets not pinned this lost on one single player.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BAT;2294845 said:
Skins went into ball control mode in the second half, less opportunity for TNew to **** if they don't throw the ball as much.

So, did he "stink up the second half" or not?

And the Skins passed more often than they ran the ball between halftime and their field goal with 10:51 left in the fourth. They didn't go into ball-control mode until their second-to-last possession.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2294851 said:
So, did he "stink up the second half" or not?

NO. Newman JUST STUNK. Period. If he's man enough to admit it, then you should be man enough to accept it.

Newman was responsible for 14 pts and responsible for his assignment setting up another score. That's a difference maker in a TWO pt game.

Not enough plays were made in every phase of the game (offense, defense & ST), but when it came down to a stop, the D couldn't do it. And Dallas was playing from behind precisely b/c of Newman's miscues in the first half.

And the Skins passed more often than they ran the ball between halftime and their field goal with 10:51 left in the fourth. They didn't go into ball-control mode until their second-to-last possession.

Just b/c Newman's name was not being called as much does not mean he was having a good game. Could be he was no longer isolated on any player, or the collective D was melting down and it was becoming impossible to point to ONE guy in the second half. You could be entirely right (it is just too painful to re-watch that game so soon for me) and Newman was not "stinking it up" in the second half, but we still lose. Because a player of Newman's caliber and "stinking it up" should not be in the same sentence, EVEN IF ITS JUST FOR A HALF.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I think its crazy for people to put this lose on Tnewman especially considering he's our best CB.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2294862 said:
Then why did you bother arguing that point?

What are you talking about???

I never said that Newman "stunk it up in the 2nd half" I simply stated that Newman did not get a chance to stink it up in the 2nd half b/c Washington targeted other phases of the game, ie ball control.

Ball control IMO means rushing the ball and throwing to the TE and backs. Moss got his 100 in the first half, and I don't have to re-watch the tape to remember that.

Boysboy

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2294866 said:
I think its crazy for people to put this lose on Tnewman especially considering he's our best CB.

I take it you haven't read the dozens other threads yet...

1) TO was pouting away

2) Brian Stewart called a terrible game

3) Jason Garrett got schizophrenic

4) Corey Proctor sucks

5) Our D sucks wind

6) We miss Roy now

7) Wade should be fired

I mean really-the same guys who said #1 costed us the game were also the same guys who adamantly said #5 costed us the game.

Sorry-you can't have it every which way but loose.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
BAT;2294872 said:
What are you talking about???

Could it be ... the post to which you responded, maybe?

Look at your first post in this thread. Then look at which the post to which you were responding.

You should be able to figure it out from there.