DMN: Blog: The good news about Adam 'Pacman' Jones

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i love how with our team the media loves to jump to conclusions. how about everyone waits till Goodell and the NFL fully investigates the matter before anyone jumps to conclusions... oh wait i forget thats not an option! damn i hate the media frenzy about sports...

utrunner07

Reaction score
Boysboy;2320192 said:
We're the Dallas Cowboys, not the New Orleans Saints nor the Houston Texans whom noone gives two *****'s about-get used to it.

Um...no thanks...sure this team is always going to get more coverage and speculation than others but here lately a lot of it has been at least fanned by the players and coaches if not down right caused by them...so yeah, no thanks i won't get used to it. I expect a classy organization and a classy group of players that handle themselves well and represent the team well.

This is not directed specifically at jones becuase 1) we don't know if its true or not yet and 2)there is plenty of blame to go around (TO, Wade, James, dare I say Romo (poster ducks quickly)). But you have to wonder why Jones would even put himself into situations where this could possible happen, at least right now, I mean he has been back for what, 2.5 months now? Just stay in your million dollar house man!

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
utrunner07;2320245 said:
Um...no thanks...sure this team is always going to get more coverage and speculation than others but here lately a lot of it has been at least fanned by the players and coaches if not down right caused by them...so yeah, no thanks i won't get used to it. I expect a classy organization and a classy group of players that handle themselves well and represent the team well.
Bullcrap.if you are a cowboy fan you want to win. did Jimmy Johnson teams not have players who go into trouble? give me a break.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
little timmy needs to go eat a bag...what a doof

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I hope he gets cut

I dont want that type of player in the league, and he doesnt deserve to be playing at all.

If he stays in the league all it says is, as long as you're talented, you can do whatever you want.

Cut him now and I hope he never plays another down of NFL football.

Boysboy

Reaction score

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Just two days ago, I posted it's a shame Pacman is currently our best defensive player since he's one problem from being dismissed from the league.

With that said, I'm not sure this incident warrants suspension or being expelled. It's a PR hit but a verbal/physical altercation without a police report being filed? Meanwhile, Matt Jones is playing despite being busted with crack?

I dunno...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2320290 said:
I hope he gets cut

I dont want that type of player in the league, and he doesnt deserve to be playing at all.

If he stays in the league all it says is, as long as you're talented, you can do whatever you want.

Cut him now and I hope he never plays another down of NFL football.
Did you want him cut before this story broke?

Otherwise I don't see how this so-called incident is the straw that breaks the camel's back

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2320305 said:
Just two days ago, I posted it's a shame Pacman is currently our best defensive player since he's one problem from being dismissed from the league.

With that said, I'm not sure this incident warrants suspension or being expelled. It's a PR hit but a verbal/physical altercation without a police report being filed? Meanwhile, Matt Jones is playing despite being busted with crack?

I dunno...

I find it odd how this story breaks 24 hours LATER.

Really-for someone with a history like Adam, WHY didn't it break SOONER?

Anyhow, in the future, if I were AJ, I would go as far as cooping up in my apartment 24/7...yah, it's TORTURE, but even if it MEANS it'll get you out of the spotlight COMPLETELY, then so be it.

Look at TO-when meeting with the press today, he decided to take the "silence is golden" rule no matter what question was asked. I think he finally got it in terms of knowing how the media can overblow anything he says and does.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
It's pretty evident Jones just isn't a very smart person. From wanting to move out of the apartment, to going to this party to being engaged with an altercation.

Like anyone, he's allowed to live a life. Live where he wants. Go to whatever parties. But you'd think he'd have that inner alarm sound that says "This isn't a good idea" from time to time. He has no room for error. As illogical as it might be to suspend someone over a verbal (possibly physical) altercation that yielded no police report, this is Pacman. This is a guy with no more chances left. So despite my previous post, yeah, a suspension wouldn't surprise me. Sheriff Goodell won't want this news to be out there and him not put his tough-guy stamp on it.

It's a shame because he's such a talented individual, has a child, etc. You can only shake your head.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2320323 said:
It's pretty evident Jones just isn't a very smart person. From wanting to move out of the apartment, to going to this party to being engaged with an altercation.

Like anyone, he's allowed to live a life. Live where he wants. Go to whatever parties. But you'd think he'd have that inner alarm sound that says "This isn't a good idea" from time to time. He has no room for error. As illogical as it might be to suspend someone over a verbal (possibly physical) altercation that yielded no police report, this is Pacman. This is a guy with no more chances left. So despite my previous post, yeah, a suspension wouldn't surprise me. Sheriff Goodell won't want this news to be out there and him not put his tough-guy stamp on it.

It's a shame because he's such a talented individual, has a child, etc. You can only shake your head.

But what gets me about all this are those stories how there was a "broken window", a "physical confrontation", yada, yada, yada, that's all turned out to pretty much be rumors(at best).

We'll see what happens tomorrow, but this is starting to p*** me off how all of this is getting blown out of proportion.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boysboy;2320312 said:
I find it odd how this story breaks 24 hours LATER.

Really-for someone with a history like Adam, WHY didn't it break SOONER?

Anyhow, in the future, if I were AJ, I would go as far as cooping up in my apartment 24/7...yah, it's TORTURE, but even if it MEANS it'll get you out of the spotlight COMPLETELY, then so be it.

Look at TO-when meeting with the press today, he decided to take the "silence is golden" rule no matter what question was asked. I think he finally got it in terms of knowing how the media can overblow anything he says and does.

I'm with you. What's so hard about staying at home when you live in luxury anyway? You can invite friends over. You can have anything you want delivered to your home. What is this guys fascination with being in public? Keep a low profile FOR NOW. This is temporary so he can have a multimillion dollar career. He can go back to a normal life later. What's so hard about that?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
RainMan;2320323 said:

I don't care if it's your fifth chance or millionth chance, something is either a suspendable offense or not

If Goodell suspends him over this then it's a major abuse of power

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
windward;2320336 said:
I don't care if it's your fifth chance or millionth chance, something is either a suspendable offense or not

If Goodell suspends him over this then it's a major abuse of power

It would go right along with other decisions he's made, IMO.

Chris Henry was suspended at the start of this season because he was arrested, and then charges were dropped and it came out he was falsely accused of something, right? My memory might be fuzzy. Anyway, I remember thinking at the time "No way he'll be suspended for something he didn't do." And then came the suspension.

Or, like I said, maybe my memory is just fuzzy.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2320339 said:
It would go right along with other decisions he's made, IMO.

Chris Henry was suspended at the start of this season because he was arrested, and then charges were dropped and it came out he was falsely accused of something, right? My memory might be fuzzy. Anyway, I remember thinking at the time "No way he'll be suspended for something he didn't do." And then came the suspension.

Or, like I said, maybe my memory is just fuzzy.

And then Matt Jones wasn't suspended for his drug trafficking(or whatever it was).

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2320349 said:
And then Matt Jones wasn't suspended for his drug trafficking(or whatever it was).

there's a difference between cutting up coke with a credit card and trafficking drugs....Although Marshall did get his suspension reduced.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
windward;2320310 said:
Did you want him cut before this story broke?

Otherwise I don't see how this so-called incident is the straw that breaks the camel's back

No I did not. But if the allegations are true, and he did get in a fight with one of his own security members, why would we want him on this team?

The only thing that says is yeah, do whatever you want, but if you're talented Dallas will sign you.

We had that reputation once in the 90's, and we've done a good job to clean it up. Why would we want to give this thug another try when he's already had 6 of them.

If the allegations are true, I want him gone and to be suspended another year.