DMN Blog: TO speaks out

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Not sure if its been posted but its off the DMN BLOG

T.O. speaks out about controversy
7:59 PM Thu, Dec 11, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Calvin Watkins E-mail News tips

Just got off the phone with Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens and he has a few things to get off his chest.

ESPN reports that Terrell Owens is jealous of Jason Witten. What are you're thoughts?

"I'm not jealous of Witten. I'm not jealous of nobody. I can take the approach that I got paid so screw everything, but that's not me. I just want to win. I'm not trying to create a war of words with anybody. I thought we had a productive meeting and I just talked to Jason about Tony reading the whole play because other people are open besides Witten."

Owens said he was the first of the three wide receivers, Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton being the others, to speak with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett on Monday. The three spoke with Garrett individually.

I asked T.O. why wouldn't he speak with Tony Romo himself if he's upset about how the offense is going.

Owens said he has no problem talking to Romo, but felt previous issues with quarterbacks in San Francisco (Jeff Garcia) and Philadelphia (Donovan McNabb) could lead to problems with Romo.

"I seldom talk to Romo, unless it's on the football field," Owens said. "The things that happen in the past with the other quarterbacks that I've had made me go to Jason instead. I didn't want to have any problems with Tony, so I went to Jason. I don't want people to say if I go to Tony and tell him he's not doing what he's supposed to do, then people will say we have a problem. I don't want to create that situation."

Owens also said he has no problems with Jason Witten or Garrett. Owens spoke with Witten and Garrett this evening. Owens also spoke to middle linebacker Bradie James, who is caught in the middle of this madness. Owens said he has no problems with James either.

"I don't know what he meant by that," Owens said regarding James' comments to ESPN. "Nothing has happened. I don't understand why he would say that. This is all a shock to me."

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So....Werder trumped up some stuff for a anti-TO piece? Say it ain't so.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Its almost as if this great organization is becoming a joke...so sad man...we just need to WIN and shut everyone up!!

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
"I'm not jealous of Witten. I'm not jealous of nobody. I can take the approach that I got paid so screw everything, but that's not me. I just want to win. I'm not trying to create a war of words with anybody. I thought we had a productive meeting and I just talked to Jason about Tony reading the whole play because other people are open besides Witten."

Owens said he was the first of the three wide receivers, Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton being the others, to speak with offensive coordinator Jason Garrett on Monday. The three spoke with Garrett individually.
:lmao: But Deion said...

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Cut 'em all!!!!!

Witten, Crayton, Owens, Romo, James!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diztraktiunz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
That is kind of weird they don't really talk to eachother except on the football field.

This is all being overblown just like everything TO.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
cowboys4life;2482408 said:
Its almost as if this great organization is becoming a joke...so sad man...we just need to WIN and shut everyone up!!
Bottom line is, they're right. Tony needs to spread the ball around. It opens things up if he can get as many people involved as possible. You could see guys running wide open in the Pitt game when Tony would try throwing into double and triple coverage. I chalk it up to just a bad game, so maybe going to the OC about it is over the top. But if it's not corrected, it's a major problem.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Problem is if this was Crayton, Williams and Austin it would be a none story but it's a major distraction. I'm sorry, I love what he does on the field but these little things are becoming annoying. What he offers on the field is almost becoming negatited by the distractions he causes warranted or not off the field.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
per Spags

Also, I'm told, whatever took place in that meeting must not have boiled over, since Romo, Garrett, receivers coach Ray Sherman and the receivers were gathered together near the end of practice while the defense was finishing up, chatting amicably.

per FWST C. Hill

Crayton said it was a good meeting, a needed meeting, in the interest of trying to win games and have a better offense.

He said they weren’t complaining because they went in with a positive tone and had a frank and honest discussion.

<snip>

When asked about the discussion, receivers coach Ray Sherman said his guys are competitors who want what&#8217;s best for the team. He said it would be wrong to characterize any discussion they might have had as complaining.

Should be interesting at practice tomorrow.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Every new story gets more and more ridiculous. & you all actually believe this crap.. wow...

Someone please post a video for me of the conversation that this references. Give me something to go on. This is really getting silly.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theogt;2482420 said:
Bottom line is, they're right. Tony needs to spread the ball around. It opens things up if he can get as many people involved as possible. You could see guys running wide open in the Pitt game when Tony would try throwing into double and triple coverage. I chalk it up to just a bad game, so maybe going to the OC about it is over the top. But if it's not corrected, it's a major problem.

The wind didn't help either. Maybe he didn't throw in certain spots b/c the strong winds were in those places?

Was just a thought that occured to me. Thankfully, we're at home all next week. :)

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Hmmm... I think I can buy what TO said here. But still don't like the fact that they complained, but then I guess WRs do complain.

But I do think, although I don't like Crayton that much anymore, he has a point. On the INt to Witten, you could see, Crayton was wide open on crossing route, underneath Witten. It would have been a easy throw, probably net 1st down.

ROmo was just awful except for few plays on Sunday. It was one of he worst days, much like, Last year Buffalo game almost. Not as bad, but almost as bad.

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
theogt;2482420 said:
i agree, on that that last play in pitt romo tried to hit witten while crayton was wide open in front of him. :banghead:

Nav22

Reaction score
I love Romo and I love Witten...

But I have noticed that when times get tough (as they were in the Steelers game), Romo occasionally will zone in on Witten. Now that's not always a bad thing, as both players are total studs who usually have great chemistry with one another... but it's usually your best bet to keep spreading the ball around and find the open guy, rather than trying to "look" a receiver open like Tony occasionally does.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Nav22;2482440 said:
I love Romo and I love Witten...

But I have noticed that when times get tough (as they were in the Steelers game), Romo occasionally will zone in on Witten. Now that's not always a bad thing, as both players are total studs who usually have great chemistry with one another... but it's usually your best bet to keep spreading the ball around and find the open guy, rather than trying to "look" a receiver open like Tony occasionally does.

There's a lot of truth to this. I'm just glad we'll see Miles Austin back. He'll shake things up a bit and hopefully returns to his early season form quickly.

JBS

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2482432 said:
Hmmm... I think I can buy what TO said here. But still don't like the fact that they complained, but then I guess WRs do complain.

But I do think, although I don't like Crayton that much anymore, he has a point. On the INt to Witten, you could see, Crayton was wide open on crossing route, underneath Witten. It would have been a easy throw, probably net 1st down.

ROmo was just awful except for few plays on Sunday. It was one of he worst days, much like, Last year Buffalo game almost. Not as bad, but almost as bad.

how could you say you dont like the fact that they complained? The reality is Romo was missing open receivers down field , maybe he is not reading the entire field...we have ZERO room for error from this point forward..these guys are trying to ensure that this offense fixes these problems immediately..there is a good chance that if they waited and it didn't or doesn't get fixed our season is over..

cowboys4life

Reaction score
Yeah im just chalking it up to a bad read..bad game whatever...bottom line is we didnt finish and i still feel got conservative...and the media needs something...ya know..and the fact that we didnt win and the way that we lost...well just adds fuel to their fire!!

Nav22

Reaction score
Bottom line: if we beat the Giants and T.O. blows up for 8 catches, 150 yards, and 2 TDs Sunday night, we'll get plenty of footage of him smiling, high-fiving Romo, and this will be old news.

Winning...

cures...

all.