DMN Blog: TO speaks out

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
"I seldom talk to Romo, unless it's on the football field," Owens said. "The things that happen in the past with the other quarterbacks that I've had made me go to Jason instead. I didn't want to have any problems with Tony, so I went to Jason. I don't want people to say if I go to Tony and tell him he's not doing what he's supposed to do, then people will say we have a problem. I don't want to create that situation."
---------------------------------

Not good.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482510 said:
The funny thing here, is all those claiming owens is not being a distraction.
owens is a distraction weather or not he's being evil about it or not.
Who needs this carp when they are fighting for their play off lives?
So now Romo will feel pressure from ALL of his WRs, great. Just what he needed.

JG will feel he needs to get the ball to owens, don't for a second think he won't.

The best part about all this crap is Phillips can't control owens and HE knows it.

I liked it a whole lot better when he was referred to as "the player".
At least he kept his mouth much quieter than he does now.

Considering how much the Giants hate us, you think they'll run up the score on us in the 4th if they have us down by double digits?

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Mansta54;2482515 said:
Bingo!!!! This says it all. The kid had a bad game all around, misreads, pics, inaccuracy, and he was freezin out there. I have all the faith in the world in Romo, he knows he sucked last week and I GUARANTEE he rights the ship this sunday night. The kid is a baller!!!!

So you think owens just started grumbling? This is all just the last few days?
Okie Dokie.

khiladi

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482509 said:
I blame the coaching staff for not holding practices in bad weather. He held them indoors, while Tomlin held his on Heinz Field. In the end, you saw which team was better prepared.

Again, false... He held the practice indoor one day, because the winds were 30 mph or so. He also had them practice outdoors the very next day...

If anything, Garrett needed to reign his QB in when he was having a bad game....

kramskoi

Reaction score
khiladi;2482503 said:
Roy WIlliams has been complaining about his role for the past few weeks. He's expressed frsutration that he isn't mor involved in the offense. Where have you been?
i just wonder if we'd be talking about all this if Dallas actually beat Pittsburgh last week...Owens going to Garrett with a grievance seems more attributed to wasted opportunities on the field culminating in a fabulous disaster of a loss...players may just be tired of Romo INT's, which amount to one per game...you can almost set your watch by it now...throwing to Williams double covered in an endzone when you have Bennett running free over the middle makes one wonder if Romo is indeed seeing the entire field, whether literally or figuratively...perhaps both.

Nav22

Reaction score
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139518

Skip ahead to 5:40 in the video to hear Steve Mariucci's take.

Remember, Mariucci knows the guy better than anyone here... he knows first-hand just how much of a pain T.O. can be.

His take will surprise some people here. But of course, those who hate T.O. will spin it to fit their own agenda regardless.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;2482518 said:
"I seldom talk to Romo, unless it's on the football field," Owens said. "The things that happen in the past with the other quarterbacks that I've had made me go to Jason instead. I didn't want to have any problems with Tony, so I went to Jason. I don't want people to say if I go to Tony and tell him he's not doing what he's supposed to do, then people will say we have a problem. I don't want to create that situation."
---------------------------------

Not good.
Or it could mean that that while they're cool teammates, they don't hang together off the field.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482520 said:
Considering how much the Giants hate us, you think they'll run up the score on us in the 4th if they have us down by double digits?

Elli is going to have trouble from our D.
We are going to have trouble being on the same page on O, if this crap keeps up.
I wish we had a HC with balls. One who might step in and shut them all the F up. This is pre school crap.

khiladi

Reaction score
Everybody that is saying TO is a distraction here...

Are Crayton and Roy Williams distractions as well....

How can anyone isolate this to TO when other receivers were involved?

Boysboy

Reaction score
kramskoi;2482526 said:
i just wonder if we'd be talking about all this if Dallas actually beat Pittsburgh last week...Owens going to Garrett with a grievance seems more attributed to wasted opportunities on the field culminating in a fabulous disaster of a loss...players may just be tired of Romo INT's, which amount to one per game...you can almost set your watch by it now...throwing to Williams double covered in an endzone when you have Bennett running free over the middle makes one wonder if Romo is indeed seeing the entire field, whether literally or figuratively...perhaps both.

That's exactly what I've been trying to say here-his biggest problem is trying to take chances by throwing in tight coverage.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Romo is here, but he needs to work on seeing the field a bit better. At least Favre does a good job seeing the entire field.

Dodger12

Reaction score
khiladi;2482497 said:
Ah OK... So Craytong and Roy Williams don't have minds of their own... Interesting...

If they had a mind of their own, they would have gotten together with their QB and worked some of this stuff out. I've never heard Romo throwing TO under the bus for dropping as many passes as he does or not being able to beat a jam as any elite receiver should. On the final possession in Pittsburgh, TO gave up on his route and Romo threw him the ball deep. I didn't see the QB complaining. I also didn't hear Romo complain about Crayton's biggest drop in the biggest game of his career with the season on the line against the Giants. Romo manned up and took the blame for the Steelers loss but instead of more than one receiver coming to his defense, they instead go around his back.

If Romo has a problem, it's that he tries to force the ball to Owens way too often.

utrunner07

Reaction score
cowboys4life;2482408 said:
Its almost as if this great organization is becoming a joke...so sad man...we just need to WIN and shut everyone up!!

100% agree. This team needs to implement a no media policy immediately. No media in the locker rooms, on the field, on the phones, nothing. Shut them out completely and focus on these three weeks.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Dodger12;2482536 said:
If they had a mind of their own, they would have gotten together with their QB and worked some of this stuff out. I've never heard Romo throwing TO under the bus for dropping as many passes as he does or not being able to beat a jam as any elite receiver should. On the final possession in Pittsburgh, TO gave up on his route and Romo threw him the ball deep. I didn't see the QB complaining. I also didn't hear Romo complain about Crayton's biggest drop in the biggest game of his career with the season on the line against the Giants. Romo manned up and took the blame for the Steelers loss but instead of more than one receiver coming to his defense, they instead go around his back.

If Romo has a problem, it's that he tries to force the ball to Owens way too often.

Yes sir.

khiladi

Reaction score
kramskoi;2482526 said:

Remember, The Steeler players themselves provided fuel for the fire when they said they knew what play was going to be called. They knew Romo was going to target Witten.

kramskoi

Reaction score
khiladi;2482525 said:
Again, false... He held the practice indoor one day, because the winds were 30 mph or so. He also had them practice outdoors the very next day...

If anything, Garrett needed to reign his QB in when he was having a bad game....
B-I-N-G-O !...the same way that Holmgren cleaned up Favre's play...columnists like to opine that we should just take the good with bad...but if it never amounts to a championship what kind of standard is that?

Should we just acquiesce to the fact that Romo can't improve himself without losing games?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482533 said:
Elli is going to have trouble from our D.
We are going to have trouble being on the same page on O, if this crap keeps up.
I wish we had a HC with balls. One who might step in and shut them all the F up. This is pre school crap.

Well yeah-what if their D gets early TOs? It could get ugly early, and it wouldn't matter if Peyton Jr passes for 50.

Owens or no, this is starting to remind me of the KC Chiefs' '98 season. Remember they were coming off a 1 and done choke-job when they had the #1 seed, and then despite all the upgrades they made which made them 16-0 media darlings(i.e. one of their prized FAs was Chester McLaughin), Marty Ball lost control of that team as they crashed to a 6-10 season.

BTW-they had TWO TO's on that team...Andre Rison and Joe Horn.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
utrunner07;2482538 said:
100% agree. This team needs to implement a no media policy immediately. No media in the locker rooms, on the field, on the phones, nothing. Shut them out completely and focus on these three weeks.

Parcells did that and every one hated it. Ya know what, you put enough idiots on one team you have to control every aspect of what they do.
This is proof of that.

I'm so sick of owens.

Boysboy

Reaction score
utrunner07;2482538 said:

The Pats have a cancer WR like us(Randy Moss)-however, the organization does a darn good job at keeping a low profile. Say all you want how Belichick is a cheater, but the guy's done a fine job in communication and having a firm grip of his team.

The same can be said with the Giants and Burress-Coughlin/Mara/Tisch know how to keep a can on the team.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dodger12;2482536 said:

How does that mean they don't have a mind of their own? Last time I checked, most organizations encourage that one talk to the boss in situations such as this... It's basic management...

Your whole argument that hey don't have a mind of their own is BS... It is based upon nothing. Crayton himself said that what he expressed to Garrett was a discussion, nothing more, before this whole thing even blew up. Roy WIlliams has been expressing his frustration way before this incident which is another evidence against your claims that he doesn't have a mind of his own.

Further, he had to take the blame, because he flat-out stunk... Just like TO against the Commanders last year...

BTW, Romo has a non-chalant response to all of this... "Hey, it happens.." "Hey, I throw 1 INT, It happens. That doesn't mean I'm not going to take risks." "Hey, have patient with me. If I'm here 8 years down the road and haven't won a play-off game, then criticize me." He's been forcing balls into double-coverage and playing sloppy at times throughout the year. He's obviously not correcting himself.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2482552 said:
Parcells did that and every one hated it. Ya know what, you put enough idiots on one team you have to control every aspect of what they do.
This is proof of that.

I'm so sick of owens.

I think you guys just convinced me to come onto the anti-Owens bangwagon.:beer2: