DMN Blog: TO speaks out

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Pro Athletes and today's semi-pro journalists are a joke.

The bottom line is what it always has been: winning.

When the Cowboys win, Tony and TO are yuking it up on the sideline, squirting water on each other, loving each other.

When the Cowboys lose, it's always one "major" issue after another...BS by the players and the media, and sometimes by the coach and owner.

Just WIN....period.

khiladi

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2482409 said:
:lmao: But Deion said...

And hwo does that absolve you from riding Werder's jock... Oh yeah, it doesn't...

khiladi

Reaction score
cowboys4life;2482395 said:
"I'm not jealous of Witten. I'm not jealous of nobody. I can take the approach that I got paid so screw everything, but that's not me. I just want to win. I'm not trying to create a war of words with anybody. I thought we had a productive meeting and I just talked to Jason about Tony reading the whole play because other people are open besides Witten."

You mean, Tony isn't going through his progressions? BTW, if Roy talked and Crayton talked, then that means that they also were open...

What the hell is Garrett seeing on game-day when he is discussing field-shots with Tony Romo on the sidelines after some busted plays...

I bet Garrett is just as clueless...

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
khiladi;2482459 said:
And hwo does that absolve you from riding Werder's jock... Oh yeah, it doesn't...

What? I think Werder is a first class weasel.

But that doesn't mean he made up blatant lies for his article.

Wood

Reaction score
A few things:

I find it odd that TO only talks to Romo on the field. Sounds too similar to TO not speaking with the Owner/GM in San Fran (cant remember who exactly) except on game day.

You also have to question...TO questioning Bradie James. Now bradie James is smart guy and also team leader...something was going on that was becoming a detriment to the team for James to step in. I think TO is not aware of how corrosive he can be.

superonyx

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2482432 said:
Hmmm... I think I can buy what TO said here. But still don't like the fact that they complained, but then I guess WRs do complain.

But I do think, although I don't like Crayton that much anymore, he has a point. On the INt to Witten, you could see, Crayton was wide open on crossing route, underneath Witten. It would have been a easy throw, probably net 1st down.

ROmo was just awful except for few plays on Sunday. It was one of he worst days, much like, Last year Buffalo game almost. Not as bad, but almost as bad.

It is too easy to look for plays where the QB should have thrown the ball to someone else. It doesnt prove that Romo overlooks other players because Witten is his friend. If you want to make the point that Romo likes to rely on the middle of the field or outlet routes then i can accept that.

This kind of garbage cannot have a good impact on our team. Do we want Romo playing the type of game where he feels the need to worry about the feelings of a grown man? I would rather my QB use his instincts to make plays.
I didnt hear TO crying a few weeks ago when he had nearly 200 yards receiving.
If Romo and Witten like to play catch after practice so they can work on their chemistry then i say good for them. Romo isnt a perfect QB. However, having a grown 35 year old man crying to his offensive coordinator about how he doesnt give him enough balls isnt going to help us at all.
If i am Romo i am going to ask TO why he cant be man enough to just talk to me about his feelings. Instead of accusing my friendship with Witten of causing me to make decisions on the field that are not in the best interest of my team.

Dodger12

Reaction score
How many quarterbacks does TO have to throw under the bus to make some of you realize that maybe it's him and not Romo that's the real problem. And the worst part is that now he's got RWII and Crayton in on his act. The reality is that, sooner or later, stuff like this will eventually lead to a split and fractured locker room.

jimmy40

Reaction score
So this team doesn't watch film of games? they need coach TO to drag RW and Crayton in to a meeting to cry about something?

Wood

Reaction score
I dont buy Roy Williams really wanting to make that trip to Garretts office. I have heard Williams in interviews and he sounds like classy guy who just wants to win. You better believe that was all TO (he is also WR captain) convincing the other WR that Witten was getting too much looks. This guy just wreaks of team cancer.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Wood;2482466 said:
A few things:

I find it odd that TO only talks to Romo on the field. Sounds too similar to TO not speaking with the Owner/GM in San Fran (cant remember who exactly) except on game day.

You also have to question...TO questioning Bradie James. Now bradie James is smart guy and also team leader...something was going on that was becoming a detriment to the team for James to step in. I think TO is not aware of how corrosive he can be.
James runs his mouth apparently. Newman has called him out before on it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2482465 said:
What? I think Werder is a first class weasel.

But that doesn't mean he made up blatant lies for his article.

So Deion can lie, but Werder can't... Please... They both have agendas... There is another possibility and both of them are liars...

TO flat-out stated what he told Garrett to the media... TO said Tony isn't seeing the whole field. Notice how TO isn't defensive, but he didn't deny that he said Tony wasn't scanning the whole field. He also stated why he doesn't go directly to Romo. He took this meeting to the coach. Hell, in basic management they tell you to go to your boss to discuss issues.

Facts have clearly stated that not only has TO gone to Garrett, but Roy Williams and Crayton to.

Did Werder report this? No, because he is not credible at all and wants to paint the issues of the offense as related to TO.

So now people have to paint the picture that Crayton and Roy are being brain-washed by TO... Yet, we have evidence from past article that Roy himself was expressing frustration that he wasn't more involved in the offense.

khiladi

Reaction score
Dodger12;2482476 said:
How many quarterbacks does TO have to throw under the bus to make some of you realize that maybe it's him and not Romo that's the real problem. And the worst part is that now he's got RWII and Crayton in on his act. The reality is that, sooner or later, stuff like this will eventually lead to a split and fractured locker room.

Ah OK... So Craytong and Roy Williams don't have minds of their own... Interesting...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Wood;2482493 said:
I dont buy Roy Williams really wanting to make that trip to Garretts office. I have heard Williams in interviews and he sounds like classy guy who just wants to win. You better believe that was all TO (he is also WR captain) convincing the other WR that Witten was getting too much looks. This guy just wreaks of team cancer.

You should have said that 2 years ago when we acquired him. You should have said that last year when we were 13-3.

Sorry-I was against it when his news signing first broke, and warned everyone about it.

khiladi

Reaction score
Wood;2482493 said:

Roy WIlliams has been complaining about his role for the past few weeks. He's expressed frsutration that he isn't mor involved in the offense. Where have you been?

kramskoi

Reaction score
Boysboy;2482428 said:
The wind didn't help either. Maybe he didn't throw in certain spots b/c the strong winds were in those places?

Was just a thought that occured to me. Thankfully, we're at home all next week. :)
*sigh*...how many INT's did Roethlisberger throw again?...on the same field and in the same conditons...we need to start holding Romo to a higher standard...this guy is a two-time Pro-Bowler for heaven's sake...he has the talent but he still has another rung on the ladder to surmount...

Boysboy

Reaction score
kramskoi;2482507 said:
*sigh*...how many INT's did Roethlisberger throw again?...on the same field and in the same conditons...we need to start holding Romo to a higher standard...this guy is a two-time Pro-Bowler for heaven's sake...he has the talent but he still has another rung on the ladder to surmount...

I blame the coaching staff for not holding practices in bad weather. He held them indoors, while Tomlin held his on Heinz Field. In the end, you saw which team was better prepared.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The funny thing here, is all those claiming owens is not being a distraction.
owens is a distraction weather or not he's being evil about it or not.
Who needs this carp when they are fighting for their play off lives?
So now Romo will feel pressure from ALL of his WRs, great. Just what he needed.

JG will feel he needs to get the ball to owens, don't for a second think he won't.

The best part about all this crap is Phillips can't control owens and HE knows it.

I liked it a whole lot better when he was referred to as "the player".
At least he kept his mouth much quieter than he does now.

Mansta54

Reaction score
RCowboyFan;2482432 said:
Hmmm... I think I can buy what TO said here. But still don't like the fact that they complained, but then I guess WRs do complain.

But I do think, although I don't like Crayton that much anymore, he has a point. On the INt to Witten, you could see, Crayton was wide open on crossing route, underneath Witten. It would have been a easy throw, probably net 1st down.

ROmo was just awful except for few plays on Sunday. It was one of he worst days, much like, Last year Buffalo game almost. Not as bad, but almost as bad.

Bingo!!!! This says it all. The kid had a bad game all around, misreads, pics, inaccuracy, and he was freezin out there. I have all the faith in the world in Romo, he knows he sucked last week and I GUARANTEE he rights the ship this sunday night. The kid is a baller!!!!