DMN Blog: Tony Romo to play Sunday?

jcblanco22

Reaction score
This is interesting, is he too anxious about playing with RW to sit out or what? Wonder if Favre's phone call has anything to do with this?

Tony Romo to play Sunday?
8:53 AM Wed, Oct 15, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

In his weekly stop with The Ticket's Dunham & Miller, Wade Phillips said Romo would throw in practice today and his status could be re-evaluated. At least that is what I think Phillips said while dodging most of the questions, supplying non-answers. He's really good at that.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Theres been some rumors going around that he might get a special glove-cast thing and that he was throwing the ball the other day.

WG5516

Reaction score
When I read that Farve called him, I knew instantly he would try and play this week. You have the NFL's ironman calling you and giving you confidence, has to get your mind thinking.

triplets92

Reaction score
jcblanco22;2341875 said:
This is interesting, is he too anxious about playing with RW to sit out or what? Wonder if Favre's phone call has anything to do with this?

Tony Romo to play Sunday?
8:53 AM Wed, Oct 15, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Barry Horn E-mail News tips

In his weekly stop with The Ticket's Dunham & Miller, Wade Phillips said Romo would throw in practice today and his status could be re-evaluated. At least that is what I think Phillips said while dodging most of the questions, supplying non-answers. He's really good at that.

It will be real stupid to come back too early and make a minor injury into a big one. I think he should 1- 2 games off even if it is a minor thing

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Please no. I do not want his finger to be a lingering problem.

I'd rather lose a couple of games and have Romo for the stretch run than have him try to play against a lowly rams team, get hit and make the finger even worse.

And he should only be allowed to play if he is as accurate as he was before the injury.

juck

Reaction score
triplets92;2341888 said:
It will be real stupid to come back too early and make a minor injury into a big one. I think he should 1- 2 games off even if it is a minor thing

He cant make it worse its a fracture,unless someone steps on his Hand.He should use a glove anyway he drops the ball to much,Ben uses one now and loves it and gets sacked constantly but rarely looses the ball.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I hope he doesn't rush back we need him however I'd prefer not risking further injury for the playoff push.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This could be totally horrible. It sounds like it's a minor injury so he should just sit, let it heal, and comeback 100%. No reason to be out there and make a minor injury into a really bad one.

smoovb

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2341902 said:
I hope he doesn't rush back we need him however I'd prefer not risking further injury for the playoff push.

Agreed. It'll be sweet to see Romo @ 100% deciding which threat he is going to throw to - JW, TO, or RW. Go Boys! :)

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
juckie;2341900 said:
He cant make it worse its a fracture,unless someone steps on his Hand.He should use a glove anyway he drops the ball to much,Ben uses one now and loves it and gets sacked constantly but rarely looses the ball.

You don't think there is a chance that someone can step on his hand in an NFL game? And how does that make sense? He didn't even hurt in the first place with it getting stepped on so to say that's the only way it could get hurt further doesn't make sense.

All he has to do is be sacked and have his and the guy sacking him come down on it wrong and it turns into something worse.

triplets92

Reaction score
juckie;2341900 said:

It can always get worse. His finger can bounce off of a pass rusher helmet he can get sacked and land on it the wrong way then before we know it 4 wks turn into 6 or 7 wks before his finger heals up. I'm just saying I'm not willing to take the risk of hurting Romo and depending on BJ for more then 3 games

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
If Romo gets under Center, the that O-Line Better Block Their Tails Off! Last week's turnstyle performance is not good enough for a QB nursing an injury.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
juckie;2341900 said:

I was under the impression that he can make it worse and if he is not careful could end up missing more time than originally thought.

Laufenberg did a big breakdown on sunday night and showed how the placement of the pinky is crucial in romo's throwing style and motion.

it doesnt need surgery but if he plays and further damages it, it would.

It will be interesting. I happen to think romo is tough as nails and If I were him I would have spent monday breaking stuff and flipping out knowing I cant play.

Anything is possible but I hope he at least sits this one out.

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2341899 said:
Please no. I do not want his finger to be a lingering problem.

I'd rather lose a couple of games and have Romo for the stretch run than have him try to play against a lowly rams team, get hit and make the finger even worse.

And he should only be allowed to play if he is as accurate as he was before the injury.

Might be Kurt Warner part 2... without the bling....

Be smart and let it heal Tony..

jdnelson103

Reaction score
Even if there is a chance he could play and be some what effective, why chance it against the Rams? If the rest of this team can't beat the Rams without Romo, we don't stand a chance against the good teams with him.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
stupid move, teams would be attacking that hand. I know he cant wait to start throwing to RW.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Coakleys Dad;2341958 said:
stupid move, teams would be attacking that hand. I know he cant wait to start throwing to RW.

I'm trying to picture anyone on the opposition attacking a guy's hand and I just can't do it.

juck

Reaction score
If he can throw he will play sooner then thought.Many have done it.Staubach did it many time,Bledsoe has a screw sticking out of his hand in the winter and played.Im saying IF he can throw well he will play soon.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I don't see the point of playing him this week. They can beat St.Louis without him and if this injury impedes his ability to throw it cost us the game anyhow. Brad Johnson, despite his age is a competent QB who will no turn the ball over (at least I would hope not) and give our Pro Bowl QB a week to heal some more.