DMN Blog: Tony Romo's not too concerned about turnovers

Hailmary

Reaction score
Hostile;2311579 said:
Let me put it this way. At the time the bet was made they needed to average 62.5 yards per game.

Barber is at 395. That means from here he only needs to average 55 yards per game to reach 1000. I expected him to get it, no big deal.

Jones is at 244. It is now up to 68.7 yards per game for him to get there.

I think that is unlikely. One more game where he is less that 40 yards would almost doom him and with 11 games left that is possible.

I agree it's unlikely to happen, but I sure feel better after today than I did after last weeks game. I think Felix earned a bit more of the coaching staff's trust today and he's carries will slowly increase.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2311264 said:
DMN Blog: Tony Romo's not too concerned about turnovers

That makes one of us, Tony. He needs to quit freakin' turning it over every freakin' game. He does that in the playoffs and it's one 'n done, as usual.

Anyone that still thinks he's better than Troy Aikman needs to go wrestle a cactus.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Romo needs to let everyone know that its a priority with him to cut down on turnovers.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
What ever, dude.

The Commanders loss was football 101. They ran it, and Dallas didn't even try.

Romo came through when Dallas needed it in the fourth quarter.

Scoreboard!

TEUFELI

Reaction score
chinch;2311559 said:
wow. that is really an ignorant statement. it's as if he doesn't realize he FUMBLES waaaaay too much, nevermind the INTs.

tight games... so far the lackadaisical attitude hasn't worked in the playoffs.

now you know why he hasn't learned from his mistakes. cupcake doesn't make him accountable and now he spews "i'm pretty sure we won the game".

ugh.

:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Teams/Players take on the characteristics of their coach. Not overreacting to mistakes is good to a certain point...lack of accountability and "aw shucks" attitude towards mistakes is not one I want wade infecting our players with. I like Romo, I hope he understands how a penchant for turnovers can ruin a teams shot in the playoffs when everything has to go right

zeroburrito

Reaction score
this is the worst news ever. he needs to be extremely worried about them. i can't believe this.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect them to admit it, but after the massive meltdown by the fans and media in Dallas since the Skins beat us, I'll bet the Boys can't wait to get out of town. This could be the reason they are a better road team.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;2311304 said:
I think Romo will probably get overly criticized for the INT, but that was a great play by Rivers. The fumble really bothers me because he should know by now that players on defense will try to strip the ball from behind like they did and it was absolutely crucial to hold onto the ball because you don't want to give the Bengals any momentum before the half. Maybe he needs lessons from John Garrett on holding the ball high and tight.

So from what I am hearing... Tony's INT last week as a great play by the Commander defender and NOW this week... His INT was ANOTHER great play by the defender.

Ok then..... as long as its not his fault.:rolleyes:

Not ragging on you... I like you take after the game. But it is what it is. Campbell is taking better care of ball than Romo. That bothers me.

He runs with the ball winged off away from his body. Cant he just tuck it in,

Oh and btw the way... I thought his run today was the right call for him(the one before the fumble) he needs to get back to that.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
the fumble does concern me. It's something we've all seen Romo do since he became the starter: he carries the ball well away from his body when he scrambles.

I think Tony needs to spend some time with John Garrett... HIGH AND TIGHT!!

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Hostile;2311325 said:
I love his nonchalant responses to hysteria over turnovers. The perfect temperament for a QB to have. The last thing you want is them to be stuck in the past. He moves one. That is great for this team.

He impresses me more all the time.

He would impress me more if it looked like he was learning from them. It looks like the further he gets away from BP the sloppier he gets. He also seems to be much more inaccurate than last year. I'm a bit worried if he can fight through it or if he will continue to get sloppier.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2311512 said:
more from WFAA

Phillips: Romo is a fighter
6:37 PM Sun, Oct 05, 2008 | Permalink
Aaron Chimbel

Wade Phillips says they need to work on Tony Romo's penchant for turnovers.

The quarterback has seven in five games, but the coach likes how his quarterback responds.

"He continues to bounce back," Phillips said.

I agree with Wade.....he needs to work on holding on to the ball when he runs.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Hostile;2311325 said:
I love his nonchalant responses to hysteria over turnovers. The perfect temperament for a QB to have. The last thing you want is them to be stuck in the past. He moves one. That is great for this team.

:hammer:

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
Hostile;2311325 said:

Is that sarcaism or just being nonchalant. What about the PLAYOFF games Tony Turnover has cost the Cowboys, or does that not count
Romo's PLAYOOOOFS

Seatle--the ball just slips out (must be a slick ball)
Giants-- whats another INT in the Red Zone

Now he has eight straight games with a INT/Fumbles When does it become a issue.

Reaction score
Bigdog24;2312024 said:
Is that sarcaism or just being nonchalant. What about the PLAYOFF games Tony Turnover has cost the Cowboys, or does that not count
Romo's PLAYOOOOFS

Seatle--the ball just slips out (must be a slick ball)
Giants-- whats another INT in the Red Zone

Now he has eight straight games with a INT/Fumbles When does it become a issue.

His attitude changed when BP wasnt thjere to kick him in the rear. He making comments like that is a reflection on the regime....

He wont win a post season game making errant forced throws in traffic and being careless with the ball. He forced BP into early retirement and will force Wade into it as well...

Use Your Illusion

Reaction score
I don't get how anyone can like this attitude. You can't win a championship playing the way Romo is right now. He's made AT LEAST one big mistake in every game this year and the last few games from last season.

This team is so talented that they can overcome them against bad teams, but in the postseason that just isn't going to happen. Put Romo on a mediocre team with his carelessness and the results wouldn't be pretty.

Trendnet

Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;2312143 said:
I don't get how anyone can like this attitude. You can't win a championship playing the way Romo is right now. He's made AT LEAST one big mistake in every game this year and the last few games from last season.

This team is so talented that they can overcome them against bad teams, but in the postseason that just isn't going to happen. Put Romo on a mediocre team with his carelessness and the results wouldn't be pretty.

You're right..

Romo sucks...

we should cut him now and put Brad Johnson in... tank the rest of the season and draft a quarterback high in the draft

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is seriously wanting to cut Romo, trade him, or bench him. (Well, maybe a few, but not me) For me, I just want to see improvement. As the season goes along, is Romo learning from his mistakes? Up on the podium he says you try to learn from them, but is he? He does the same stupid things time and time again. I am not saying I want to trade him, I am saying I want him to do better.

The type of turnovers he is doing now, you will not get away from it in the playoffs. Again, I am not saying to cut Romo, just stating that if he continues to make errors, it will cost the team and he will remain winless in the postseason. I don't know what his issue is, and why he doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes, but I hope he gets it fixed by the time the 2nd half of the season rolls around.