DMN Blog: What to do with Miles Austin?

lockster

Reaction score
I'd do whatever it takes to keep him! He's a heck of a player! Best prospect at WR we've had since???...................Irvin

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Hurd and Stanback will be long gone before Austin is. Austin has shown tremendous upside already this year so he'll be kept around.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BraveHeartFan;2430286 said:
Hurd and Stanback will be long gone before Austin is. Austin has shown tremendous upside already this year so he'll be kept around.

Agreed. And I think injuries may have derailed Sam Hurd's career in Dallas. I think his future may depend on how much or how little progress Stanback has made.

mmillman

Reaction score
sign him long term now as the #3. He is much more explosive than Crayton.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would probably tender him with a 2nd. I would definatly see if I could sign him long term to a reasonable contract but a 2nd, IMO, is the better option.

No team, IMO, will give up a 1st for him. I honestly doubt that many would give up a 2nd for him but if they do, then so much the better.

Stanback is the wild card. I agree with that. I don't know if he is ever going to be the WR we hope he could be but I think next year is probably the last year he will have to prove it. If we sign Miles to a fair contract, the so much the better. If not and we get a 2nd for him, that second would be pretty valuable IMO. We still have Stanbeck, who has the best athletic skills of any of them. We have Crayton and Hurd to battle for the 3rd spot if Miles is gone and we have Danny A., who I believe is the best route runner with the best hands of all of them. Come next year, somebody has to go at WR and probably two so if we can get Miles signed to a good contract or get a 2nd for him, I'm good with that all the way around.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
Amazing how Austin has flown past Sam Hurd. I guess there is something to say about potential. It's jus tbeen sooooo long since we have ever developed anyone, I don't really know what it looks like.