News: DMN: Bob Sturm's NFL draft series: Demand for pass rushers greater than supply, but Cowboys...

GroundZero1970

Reaction score
I like that Ronald Blair....He could be the defense lineman we are being sneaky about

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Ogbah is severely underrated. DPOY for his conference, double digit sacks in 2015 and was the fastest edge rusher in this draft predicted to go in the first 6 rounds. Floyd at 240 ran a similar 4.6 as Ogbah at 275. And Ogbah's wingspan is condorish.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why Jared Allen? Is his game that similar?

Stepping in to comment here...
Allen is the guy that scouts most often compare him to. High motor, relentless, ok, but not special speed, good technique. In Bosa's case...great technique.

DFWJC

Reaction score

Has Bosa been busted before?

From what I've read, Elliott was the harder partier of the two anyway.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Has Bosa been busted before?

doug%20dawkins%20working%20prescribed%20burn%20diggs%20tract%20for%20blog.jpg

:D Sounds like Elliott esp ran the "house" at OSU if you get my drift and was roommates with Bosa at the same time? Coke leaves your system in 3 days...MJ is 30 days; w/o cleansers, etc..

Really for Bosa and Elliott's sake I hope they clean/ed up and have great careers (may have just been a college thang). Bosa better not get busted if we take him at 4! The stakes are just too high:D

Last edited:

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Stepping in to comment here...
Allen is the guy that scouts most often compare him to. High motor, relentless, ok, but not special speed, good technique. In Bosa's case...great technique.

I just wanted to know why that particular comparison, but now I have it. Why are the coaches apparently so down on him? They can't all be alter boys...just don't want another Johnny Manziel on the team...etc...

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just wanted to know why that particular comparison, but now I have it. Why are the coaches apparently so down on him? They can't all be alter boys...just don't want another Johnny Manziel on the team...etc...

I don't think the coaches are really down on him.
It may be over dissection and examination by the fans and some media.

Pretty much all the scouts and scouting services still have him ranked anywhere from the best overall prospect (but usually that is Tunsil) down to the 4th best. That's awfully good.

The real issue may be this draft class in general. Its really strong in roughly the 10-60 range. But there really may only be a couple of honest to goodness blue-chippers in many personnel depts view. Many feel Bosa may not be one. They think he's more like a guy you would usually take in the 8-15 range and not the top 3-4.

This also applies to the top QBs too. Many feel if they were drafted based on what they are as true prospects and not panic or hype, they'd be in the 7 to 20 range...not at the top.
But that's a different story and people get desperate with them more often.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

Pretty much all the scouts and scouting services still have him ranked anywhere from the best overall prospect (but usually that is Tunsil) down to the 4th best. That's awfully good.

The real issue may be this draft class in general. Its really strong in roughly the 10-60 range. But there really may only be a couple of honest to goodness blue-chippers in many personnel depts view. Many feel Bosa may not be one. They think he's more like a guy you would usually take in the 8-15 range and not the top 3-4.

This also applies to the top QBs too. Many feel if they were drafted based on what they are as true prospects and not panic or hype, they'd be in the 7 to 20 range...not at the top.

True, but would rather reach for a QB (7-20) in who projects in the same range over a DE (8-15). Give or take 5 spots of speculation;) Good points nonetheless and explains some of our bias' when going with "our guy" etc (annually it seems). Mine being QB and you liking Bosa/Ramsey. Tunsil is the only top 5 blue chipper I could say with confidence but we have so much already tied into the OL; future re signings perspective but could Free Free from my life:D

Last edited:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
well if you are going to use logic this conversation will go nowhere fast. I just don't see Bosa being that good. If they draft him, I hope I'm wrong.

Where is your logic? Testing says he is more than gifted enough to exceed at that position.

DFWJC

Reaction score
True, but would rather reach for a QB (7-20) in who projects in the same range over a DE (8-15). Give or take 5 spots of speculation;) Good points nonetheless and explains some of our bias' when going with "our guy" etc (annually it seems). Mine being QB and you liking Bosa/Ramsey. Tunsil is the only top 5 blue chipper I could say with confidence but we have so much already tied into the OL; future re signings perspective but could Free Free from my life:D

I'm more in the slight trade down and get 2-3 quality players vs one camp.
You mostly pointed out why....because Tunsil and maybe Ramsey are the only players(s) I feel are worth the 4th pick.
Someone like Shaq PLUS a Joseph ( or Lynch plus Dodd, etc, etc) trumps the other options for me.
That's really all it boils down to.

As for Bosa, I do think he's going to be the pro bowl a few times. I think that should the expectation for any top 15 pick though, let alone top 4.
If he's the pick at 4, I won't complain. Actually, if Goff or Wentz were picked at 4, I d be ok too, as long as our FO truly thought they were worth it...and not use cecause they happen to be rated above other QBs in this year's crop.
EJ Manuel was rated at the top of his class too....doesn't mean he was worth being taken highly.

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
Does this put a little more light on Bosa, as to make some fans not be against him?

I think the non Bosa fans are saying they don't have a good feel, based entirely on their personal feelings....LOL...

I am not one to push for Bosa, but I would not complain either.

I think Bosa is a very good player. I think fans want those freak athlete speed rushers. Bosa is not flashy but he is very good and complete 3 down player

robjay04

Reaction score
I didn't realize Bosa was only 20, he is still not my preference but that does get me a little more excited about him being a potential pick.

dfense

Reaction score
Ramsey/Bosa at 4. Whoever is available in that order.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
People are concerned too much over what Bosa's sack totals might be. Many think 6 to 10. But can't say why they think that. Truth is, they are just looking for reasons to not want to draft him.
No one knows what the sacks are. Ware got what, 6 his rookie season.

Does he make plays in run and pass defense, yes. So he is not a situational player.
Does he fit our scheme, well, I can't answer that, but I am sure there are a wide range of opinions out there.
And those opinions are biased as well as thought out analysis.

Right now if you told me Bosa would average 10 sacks a season, I would take that, and hope those sacks come at the right time, for game changing plays.

Give me a consistent player for 12 years, which is what he can be, I'll take that.

He reminds me of Justin Tuck.

Yes, I know Tuck was a 3rd-rounder but I think he would have been a 1st-round pick if the NFL had a do-over. He was a great player at Notre Dame but too many draft "experts" found too many "holes" in his game so he dropped. Bosa seems to be getting the same treatment.

If Bosa is there at #4, I do believe Dallas will give him serious consideration along with Ramsey, and the three top QBs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If they feel they are in the 8 to 15 range, then why does every place have him continually ranked in the top 4 since November.
It's the fans who are dragging down his ranking. Kind of like an urban legend now, it's so funny.
I have not seen one poll, or one person on TV say Bosa should be in the 8 to 15 range.

DFWJC

Reaction score
If they feel they are in the 8 to 15 range, then why does every place have him continually ranked in the top 4 since November.
It's the fans who are dragging down his ranking. Kind of like an urban legend now, it's so funny.
I have not seen one poll, or one person on TV say Bosa should be in the 8 to 15 range.

I did say "usually" as in other years, not this year. He's ranked where they think he should be ranked in this class. I didn't say otherwise, jazz. Some feel this class is stacked in the 10-60 range but lacks the supreme guys normally in the top 5. Then again, some think Bosa is actually of those guys. I think Jeremiah has him as his top prospect.
Anyway, I don't have a problem with taking Bosa.

The players that I think are getting pushed up higher than they are being ranked are the QBs.
That's not uncommon; EJ Manuel got pushed up in the same way, as did Locker.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I did say "usually" as in other years, not this year. He's ranked where they think he should be ranked in this class. I didn't say otherwise, jazz. Some feel this class is stacked in the 10-60 range but lacks the supreme guys normally in the top 5. Then again, some think Bosa is actually of those guys. I think Jeremiah has him as his top prospect.
Anyway, I don't have a problem with taking Bosa.

The players that I think are getting pushed up higher than they are being ranked are the QBs.
That's not uncommon; EJ Manuel got pushed up in the same way, as did Locker.

Yes, usually you get the top 10 to 12 as win win on drafting, but this year seems the top 7 or 8, and that is throwing in the QB's. Which agree, they are moved up more than usual because they are QB's.
I would not complain about Bosa, but I think there are players there in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that may surprise too. And yes for overall the first 2 rounds seem some very good players. Just not the top 12 is as strong as usual.

had to read your post again, as I am on 1st cup of coffee....LOL...