News: DMN: Bob Sturm's NFL draft series: Demand for pass rushers greater than supply, but Cowboys...

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I'm more in the slight trade down and get 2-3 quality players vs one camp.
You mostly pointed out why....because Tunsil and maybe Ramsey are the only players(s) I feel are worth the 4th pick.
Someone like Shaq PLUS a Joseph ( or Lynch plus Dodd, etc, etc) trumps the other options for me.
That's really all it boils down to.

As for Bosa, I do think he's going to be the pro bowl a few times. I think that should the expectation for any top 15 pick though, let alone top 4.
If he's the pick at 4, I won't complain. Actually, if Goff or Wentz were picked at 4, I d be ok too, as long as our FO truly thought they were worth it...and not use cecause they happen to be rated above other QBs in this year's crop.
EJ Manuel was rated at the top of his class too....doesn't mean he was worth being taken highly.

I'm in the trade down camp too w/QB out of the equation (incl. Lynch unless the team sees his ceiling as higher down the road, but not @ 4). I esp like your first trade down scenario w/ Shaq & Joseph.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I didn't realize Bosa was only 20, he is still not my preference but that does get me a little more excited about him being a potential pick.
And can mature out of any issues he may have off the field (if any presently). Wanted my QBs, but am warming up to a trade down if the value is there or stand pat and take the Bosa/Ramsey selection. Bosa/Joseph or Ramsey/Dodd/Nassib wouldn't be terrible picks for the D going into 2016. If we take Bosa and he fails a test after successfully skirting the NCAA testing, I will throw my laptop out the dang window!:D

Last edited:

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Where is your logic? Testing says he is more than gifted enough to exceed at that position.

Just empirically. I don't like his game, but again if they draft him I'm rooting for him to succeed.