News: DMN: Cowboys needed extra security for Greg Hardy; some teammates soured on him

Kaiser

Reaction score
You support men who beat up women. I don't.

I will let the Good Lord judge which of us holds the morally superior position.

Stupidity and Hypocrisy, you are on the way to hitting the Internet Trifecta. I don't support men who beat up women, I support knowing what I'm talking about. And anyone who has spent more than half an hour reading the publicly available information on Hardy has seen there there is no credible evidence he hit a woman - and tons of evidence that his accuser has contradicted herself to levels that rule out her having any credibility whatsoever.

And I do think the Good Lord will judge people who spend months attacking the moral position of others based on 10% of the facts because they willfully ignored the other 90% that prove their argument wrong.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hardy the scape-goat.. Project the image of a cancer to give Garrett an excuse..

khiladi

Reaction score
Hardy has always been a beat of a different drummer kind of guy, no doubt some teammates like him and some don't. The ratio is probably a lot worse among sportswriters that either want to get exclusive quotes from him or win a journalism award by writing about him imploding.

DFW reporters got neither this season, so they write stuff like this.

Yeah, he was such a problem and Dallas had to get extra security when he was away from the game, but the media couldn't find a single incident outside some alleged claims he was always late to meetings..

you would think with all their claims they could provide some tangible proof, considering he was allegedly surrounded by more security in public..

khiladi

Reaction score
Stupidity and Hypocrisy, you are on the way to hitting the Internet Trifecta. I don't support men who beat up women, I support knowing what I'm talking about. And anyone who has spent more than half an hour reading the publicly available information on Hardy has seen there there is no credible evidence he hit a woman - and tons of evidence that his accuser has contradicted herself to levels that rule out her having any credibility whatsoever.

And I do think the Good Lord will judge people who spend months attacking the moral position of others based on 10% of the facts because they willfully ignored the other 90% that prove their argument wrong.

He supports Brady who cheated and walked out on his pregnant fiancé of 3 months...

Kaiser

Reaction score
Yeah, he was such a problem and Dallas had to get extra security when he was away from the game, but the media couldn't find a single incident outside some alleged claims he was always late to meetings..

you would think with all their claims they could provide some tangible proof, considering he was allegedly surrounded by more security in public..

Agree, plus for all the problems this year this team isn't Camp Cupcake under Campo or Wade. Devon Coleman questioned the coaches to reporters and was cut the next day. Whatever CMike and Corey White did, they were cut. Not that Hardy would get cut, but the team isn't a case of the animals running the zoo.

khiladi

Reaction score
Agree, plus for all the problems this year this team isn't Camp Cupcake under Campo or Wade. Devon Coleman questioned the coaches to reporters and was cut the next day. Whatever CMike and Corey White did, they were cut. Not that Hardy would get cut, but the team isn't a case of the animals running the zoo.

The media is lying.. They've shown an agenda against Hardy since the beginning..

Our FO and coaching staff is pathetic.. They expected him to be like they expect Romo to be on offense.. They have no clue what their doing, other than waiting for superhero's to one save them and when they don't, they blame them..

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Just listening to some of Stephen Jones' comments about Hardy it was enlightening.

They expected a player to come in after a layoff and be dominant.

In other words, they expected him to live up to the incentives in his contract.

That's funny to me. Usually you gear that kind of thing in favor of the team.

I thought Hardy was worth the shot and I am not severely disappointed in how he did.

He did okay, considering the circumstances. I think he went into a shell once the media barrage was all over him.

I would give him another incentive laden chance, but that is all there is to it.

I am so over the PR aspect. We have already weathered that storm. If you are concerned about that, then you forget how the media is not interested in stories once they get a little cold. It is all about the hot takes and momentary social outrage.

khiladi

Reaction score
From Talking Cowboys Broaddus mentions Mincey as someone who probably felt betrayed by the team. Hardy got more snaps than anybody down the stretch yet was still late for meetings.

That's a good way to lose the locker room.

He played a lot harder in the field than any of the scrubs in our defense... Actions speak louder than words..

And if his teammates are leaking things out of jealous, they are scum who just using the image of Hardy for their own advantage.. Bunch of back stabbed.. Got to love the RKG quality they probably got from the HC..

khiladi

Reaction score
Just listening to some of Stephen Jones' comments about Hardy it was enlightening.

They expected a player to come in after a layoff and be dominant.

In other words, they expected him to live up to the incentives in his contract.

That's funny to me. Usually you gear that kind of thing in favor of the team.

I thought Hardy was worth the shot and I am not severely disappointed in how he did.

He did okay, considering the circumstances. I think he went into a shell once the media barrage was all over him.

I would give him another incentive laden chance, but that is all there is to it.

I am so over the PR aspect. We have already weathered that storm. If you are concerned about that, then you forget how the media is not interested in stories once they get a little cold. It is all about the hot takes and momentary social outrage.

That's the real issue.. Just like they expected Romo to come in and get them into the play-offs, they expected Hardy to overcome their incompetence.. Always one player away..

Romo came in and his INTs weren't the result of injuries..

This coaching is a mess..

Alexander

Reaction score
This coaching is a mess..

When you sit around waiting to be rescued that just tells me there was one short sighted plan and then when it blew up, you had mass chaos.

The big problem is they assumed that Hardy and McClain would come back, inject life in and just coast.

They did not prepare for the small things to win games outside of that.

Like, oh, I don't know, not depending on Joesph Randle for a damn thing.

khiladi

Reaction score
There would have been one week of fake social outrage on Twitter if he went to Cleveland. Then if he slapped the clipboard out of their ST coach's hands, nobody would have cared.

Just like when Adam 'Pacman' Jones went to Cincinatti and has remained ever since without a peep from the media, yet when he came to Dallas, every day we heard about him..

Alexander

Reaction score
Just like when Adam 'Pacman' Jones went to Cincinatti and has remained ever since without a peep from the media, yet when he came to Dallas, every day we heard about him..

I honestly think there has to be something about the city of Dallas when it comes to sports celebrities.

They always find their way to trouble.

jimmy40

Reaction score
you mean the media talked a lot more about Pacman back when he was a complete idiot than they do now? amazing...........seems as though the media's talking about him today though, I guess giving away a playoff game by being an idiot will do that.

khiladi

Reaction score
you mean the media talked a lot more about Pacman back when he was a complete idiot than they do now? amazing...........seems as though the media's talking about him today though, I guess giving away a playoff game by being an idiot will do that.

Just as an aside:

Joey Porter shouldn't have been on the field inciting. That's an automatic unsportsmanlike penalty. So basically the NFL penalized Jones for the end result that they claim incidents such as Porter's behavior end up causing..

Porter's done a lot of dumb crap as well, but considering he's a Steeler..