News: DMN: Cowboys needed extra security for Greg Hardy; some teammates soured on him

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And you are sounding like a dude who defends domestic abusers.

Nice binary thinking. You've been laid out several different explanations yet you just parrot your take over and over.

Nicole Holder didn't want to press charges. The DA dropped the case. NC courts expunged his record of all of it. Hardy is in the best personal development program in the NFL and we are better equipped troubled player like him better than anyone else.

You should try and grow up and quit with the name calling and demonization of those that don't agree with you.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
This appears to be an opinion piece disguised as a news article. I'd take more seriously what the writer had to say about the issues with Hardy if it wasn't clear that the writer is drawing conclusions to fit the premise of his article.

By 'met with Hardy' he means whe Garrett asked him not to post incendiary stuff on social media or discussed Hardy throwing out "Trainwreck" quotes regarding Tom Brady's wife to the media which were taken out of context and vilified.

As to the meeting thing we've heard former players say it happens with almost everyone even Jason Witten! It is about how often it happens.

WinnipegBoy22

Reaction score
Here's a little ditty about how often Witten misses anything Cowboys related. I'd be very surprised to learn Witten has missed more than 2 meetings or 2 practices in his time with the Cowboys. As far as Hardy goes anything he does will be blown up to suit the medias need. I'm not saying he's a choir boy so don't get me wrong.

Jason Witten doesn’t miss many things when it comes to football. One game in his nine pro season, and that was back during his rookie season when he had a broken jaw. But broken ribs, concussions and high-ankle sprains over the years haven’t kept him out of games.

However, jury duty nearly kept him out on Tuesday, the first of a three-day minicamp.

Witten actually missed Monday, which included physicals, head shots and a team meeting. He also missed Tuesday’s team meeting and the first 15 minutes of practice before showing up for the majority of practice.

Fortunately for Witten, the Denton County case was settled early, allowing the seven-time Pro Bowler to hurry back for practice.

Witten quickly made it out to the practice field and his teammates and coaches started throwing the nickname “Judge Witten” around.

“We’ve all got a civic duty to do,” Witten said. “Proud to be a citizen and held up my end. It went a little longer than we thought but it was a good experience. I was just glad I was able to get back in time for practice.”

Witten, who said he donated his pay to charity, said he never thought about skipping the rest of practice on Tuesday. Head coach Jason Garrett said he knew Witten was disappointed to miss any part of team activities.

“When I talked to him, it was killing him,” Garrett said. “He’s a good citizen. He cares about the judicial process, but he didn’t want to miss minicamp practice one.”

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No..... we have to go cornerback.

Having a secondary generates a pass rush.

Selecting a talented DT or DE is not the answer. (jk)

Not entirely sure why we'd go DE, but I'm not sure there is a good prospect DT in the top 10 this year.

But a secondary can certainly help the pass rush along with hurting it. They work together.

BigD5

Reaction score
It's really weird how people can't stand Greg Hardy and say he's not worth the headache because of mostly media driven slander to portray the Cowboys in a negative light. But then those same folks turn around and make all the excuses in the world for a world renown clown named Dez Bryant. A leader on this team that sat out like a baby all offseason which caused him to be out of shape and break his foot and miss or be ineffective all season long. And bought a pet monkey after "getting paid" like only a complete moron would do with their money.

I mean a pet monkey? Really? A monkey dude? Could you imagine Julian Edelman or Gronk showing up to practice to show coach Belichick his new pet monkey after holding out all offseason for more money? More money so they can buy a monkey. Hahahahahaha

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It's really weird how people can't stand Greg Hardy and say he's not worth the headache because of mostly media driven slander to portray the Cowboys in a negative light. But then those same folks turn around and make all the excuses in the world for a world renown clown named Dez Bryant. A leader on this team that sat out like a baby all offseason which caused him to be out of shape and break his foot and miss or be ineffective all season long. And bought a pet monkey after "getting paid" like only a complete moron would do with their money.

I mean a pet monkey? Really? A monkey dude? Could you imagine Julian Edelman or Gronk showing up to practice to show coach Belichick his new pet monkey after holding out all offseason for more money? More money so they can buy a monkey. Hahahahahaha

You're being just as bias and ridiculous complaining about a pet monkey. and I'd rather a player show up with a pet monkey than like this.

i

Dwight

Reaction score
Not entirely sure why we'd go DE, but I'm not sure there is a good prospect DT in the top 10 this year.

But a secondary can certainly help the pass rush along with hurting it. They work together.

We would go DE if Hardy decides to go to another team. Secondary is important but a good dline has more of an impact.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Here's a little ditty about how often Witten misses anything Cowboys related. I'd be very surprised to learn Witten has missed more than 2 meetings or 2 practices in his time with the Cowboys. As far as Hardy goes anything he does will be blown up to suit the medias need. I'm not saying he's a choir boy so don't get me wrong.

Jason Witten doesn’t miss many things when it comes to football. One game in his nine pro season, and that was back during his rookie season when he had a broken jaw. But broken ribs, concussions and high-ankle sprains over the years haven’t kept him out of games.

However, jury duty nearly kept him out on Tuesday, the first of a three-day minicamp.

Witten actually missed Monday, which included physicals, head shots and a team meeting. He also missed Tuesday’s team meeting and the first 15 minutes of practice before showing up for the majority of practice.

Fortunately for Witten, the Denton County case was settled early, allowing the seven-time Pro Bowler to hurry back for practice.

Witten quickly made it out to the practice field and his teammates and coaches started throwing the nickname “Judge Witten” around.

“We’ve all got a civic duty to do,” Witten said. “Proud to be a citizen and held up my end. It went a little longer than we thought but it was a good experience. I was just glad I was able to get back in time for practice.”

Witten, who said he donated his pay to charity, said he never thought about skipping the rest of practice on Tuesday. Head coach Jason Garrett said he knew Witten was disappointed to miss any part of team activities.

“When I talked to him, it was killing him,” Garrett said. “He’s a good citizen. He cares about the judicial process, but he didn’t want to miss minicamp practice one.”

Was this jury duty?

mattjames2010

Reaction score
We would go DE if Hardy decides to go to another team. Secondary is important but a good dline has more of an impact.

Are you meaning in the first? And if so, why? We have Lawrence who had a good year, and we just drafted Gregory last year. If Hardy walks, I think it's a little more reasonable to see what Gregory has and looking to FA for a backup.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
was this before or after irvin stabbed a teammate? before or after the coke charges? before or after the "rape" allegations? before or after the whitehouse?

just trying to understand what part of the 90s cowboys were under his control. :)

All those charges occurred AFTER Jimmy. You asked, only answering you. The common denominator, the ultimate enabler is another guy with the same initials.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Sends a bad message to the team if a guy can blow off team meetings and his play time is never affected

Other players start to think "why should I have to show for meetings if Hardy doesn't and there are no consequences?

Exactly. Garrett talks a lot about accountability. But if he doesn't enforce it. Why should the team gravitate to what he says if his actions say otherwise? Everything starts from the top slowly flows downward. The coach has to be accountable with his actions. So much for leading by example.

Cmac

Reaction score
From Talking Cowboys Broaddus mentions Mincey as someone who probably felt betrayed by the team. Hardy got more snaps than anybody down the stretch yet was still late for meetings.

That's a good way to lose the locker room.

Mincey?

Cmac

Reaction score
He's not a good fit for any culture that expects their players to show up on time and take responsibility for their actions. Your a professional is it too much to ask that you make it to the damn meetings on time?

...can't wait to see the Glee Club win games.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
It's really weird how people can't stand Greg Hardy and say he's not worth the headache because of mostly media driven slander to portray the Cowboys in a negative light.

I think it's equally weird that anyone would actually believe that the media criticizes Dallas for Greg Hardy for reasons other than Greg Hardy.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I think it's equally weird that anyone would actually believe that the media criticizes Dallas for Greg Hardy for reasons other than Greg Hardy.

It was a overly socially conscious witch hunt. And that Hardy did not show the proper amount of decorum and humility. Plus he is weird and not likeable.

Adrian Peterson did something just as objectionable. If nobody was familiar with his case, they would never know what he did and would never be reminded of it during a game.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
It was a overly socially conscious witch hunt. And that Hardy did not show the proper amount of decorum and humility. Plus he is weird and not likeable.

Adrian Peterson did something just as objectionable. If nobody was familiar with his case, they would never know what he did and would never be reminded of it during a game.

The difference with AP is, once he explained to Roger what a "Texas whooping" was, Roger, and the media accepted it. :confused:

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Which all would have played out just the same for any team that chose to sign him.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The difference with AP is, once he explained to Roger what a "Texas whooping" was, Roger, and the media accepted it. :confused:

Do not ask me why things are that much different, but physically attacking an innocent child is okay but slapping around a gold-digging coke head is not.

There is a personal element to this that does surround Hardy. He's not likeable and seems crazy. Peterson? Good little fella who was just disciplining his child.

Even Rice has not been labeled as a monster and he had direct visual evidence of what he did which had even less justification.