News: DMN: Cowboys needed extra security for Greg Hardy; some teammates soured on him

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
We need the Dline strong. All the playoff teams got 41-52 sacks this season. So let's assume that Lawrence gets better and gets (9 sacks), Tyrone Crawford gets (5 sacks), Hayden (0 sacks), and Randy Gregory gets you (4 sacks) - they'd the starting lineup if we don't re-sign Hardy or get a free agent DE. Rotational players Jack Crawford gets ( 5 sacks) and Irving gets (2 sack).

Basically we need a high impact DE. Remember that rookie DEs seldom make an impact their first year. I'm hoping that Randy can make a quantum leap his second year, but I'm not counting on it.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
We need the Dline strong. All the playoff teams got 41-52 sacks this season. So let's assume that Lawrence gets better and gets (9 sacks), Tyrone Crawford gets (5 sacks), Hayden (0 sacks), and Randy Gregory gets you (4 sacks) - they'd the starting lineup if we don't re-sign Hardy or get a free agent DE. Rotational players Jack Crawford gets ( 5 sacks) and Irving gets (2 sack).

Basically we need a high impact DE. Remember that rookie DEs seldom make an impact their first year. I'm hoping that Randy can make a quantum leap his second year, but I'm not counting on it.

The high impact DE could already be here with Gregory, but depth is needed at end. They have to do something about the overall depth inside and specifically the NT starter. You just cannot have a player like Nick Hayden starting for the third consecutive year and expect to have a quality DL. Get someone with Crawford that can function and not be able to be isolated and single-blocked without the opposition even breaking a sweat. It does not have to be in the first round either. But if we go into this season again, with Hayden and thinking Terrell McClain was some damaging injury, we deserve whatever mediocre results we get again. Vernon Butler please and thank you.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Exactly..........when you start having different rules for different players, it starts to tear apart team chemistry.

That's a line of BS, you try to sell kindergartens on their first day of attendance, it's not how adults are treated. If you haven't figured that out yet then it's likely because you are one of those types that have always been best treated with kids gloves. I'm sorry to break that news to you but it's time to grow up. Be it in the military, private business or community involvement, I've been a leader of men for several decades and I know you can not and should not treat all people the same. Some folks don't need supervision/guidance/managing as much as others while some folks can't function without it. In a game of competition on the field, yes the same rules need to apply to all players but in the locker room, the staff's handling of players can not be even keeled because not all players respond the same way to the same management style.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
All those charges occurred AFTER Jimmy. You asked, only answering you. The common denominator, the ultimate enabler is another guy with the same initials.

The White House, cocaine and strippers obviously started before he left. He also had a culture of treating stars differently.

Mincey is likely complaining about playing time. He wasn't playing well and if you think he could play that isolated weakside end like they had Hardy playing , I'm not sure I agree with your tactics.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
That's a line of BS, you try to sell kindergartens on their first day of attendance, it's not how adults are treated. If you haven't figured that out yet then it's likely because you are one of those types that have always been best treated with kids gloves. I'm sorry to break that news to you but it's time to grow up. Be it in the military, private business or community involvement, I've been a leader of men for several decades and I know you can not and should not treat all people the same. Some folks don't need supervision/guidance/managing as much as others while some folks can't function without it. In a game of competition on the field, yes the same rules need to apply to all players but in the locker room, the staff's handling of players can not be even keeled because not all players respond the same way to the same management style.

I agree not all players are treated the same, even under Jimmy. However I think when a team is losing as the Cowboys did no one, not a single player should be given any slack. Hardy is good he is not that good, heck Carolina has managed without him and over the last 4 games of the season Hardy was not a difference maker heck for the season he was not a difference maker. I have no issue with him returning I would hope that there will be clauses in his contract that protect the Cowboys. Right now every single guy on this team needs to be read the riot act because no one is playing good enough to deserve any special treatment

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I like that they payed him so much. If you're not going to resign him and you're eliminated from the postseason anyway, why not try to wear him down for whatever team end up with him in 2016.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I agree not all players are treated the same, even under Jimmy. However I think when a team is losing as the Cowboys did no one, not a single player should be given any slack. Hardy is good he is not that good, heck Carolina has managed without him and over the last 4 games of the season Hardy was not a difference maker heck for the season he was not a difference maker. I have no issue with him returning I would hope that there will be clauses in his contract that protect the Cowboys. Right now every single guy on this team needs to be read the riot act because no one is playing good enough to deserve any special treatment

My disagreement with this post is extremely slight. For the most part there are few that I would cut any slack. I agree with your stance on Hardy. Blame for the failure this year is to be shared throughout the team, including staff and FO.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
My disagreement with this post is extremely slight. For the most part there are few that I would cut any slack. I agree with your stance on Hardy. Blame for the failure this year is to be shared throughout the team, including staff and FO.

I just don't see where any 4-12 team needs to be cutting slack. Cutting some players? sure. in my view this is where you start finding out who views winning as important and who is just looking for a pay check. Guys who want to win will make every effort asked of them

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I just don't see where any 4-12 team needs to be cutting slack. Cutting some players? sure. in my view this is where you start finding out who views winning as important and who is just looking for a pay check. Guys who want to win will make every effort asked of them

Dan Bailey continues to be the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL. He is the lone exception I see on this team but as a teammate, even if I was him I would accept the harshness dealt to the entire team as deserved by me as well.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Dan Bailey continues to be the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL. He is the lone exception I see on this team but as a teammate, even if I was him I would accept the harshness dealt to the entire team as deserved by me as well.

I expect him to be at the facility and meetings on time just like any other player. There are circumstances where a player needs to be excused and they contact the coach. Outside of that this team is losing and that has got to change you don't do that by cutting slack on guys showing up late, they are on the Cowboys schedule not the other way around. hell most job if you show up late every day they will fire you. These guys get paid good money I expect them to do what is expected of them. I'm not trying to sound like a hard ars but on the other hand this is not a winning team and to get to that point is going to take a lot of dedication and hard work.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bailey's the missing link of this roster. He shows up for practice and games. He executes. He's consistent. He's recognized favorably by his peers and fans around the league.

A kicker.

The roster needs players who will step up and perform as well as Bailey in their respective positions. And a couple of coaches as well.

Rogah

Reaction score
Its been interesting to watch, just from a human nature perspective. Basically everyone, myself included, started out with the idea that something had to have happened and Hardy had some degree of guilt in.
Thank you for admitting what I've been saying for months. People like you changed your opinion of him when he came to Dallas (or, to be more accurate, when it became clear that him coming to Dallas was a likely possibility).

I refuse to exonerate a man based solely on the laundry he wears Sunday afternoons. Guilty is guilty. If he played for Philly, you'd be first in line agreeing with me.

You know I'm right.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Thank you for admitting what I've been saying for months. People like you changed your opinion of him when he came to Dallas (or, to be more accurate, when it became clear that him coming to Dallas was a likely possibility).

I refuse to exonerate a man based solely on the laundry he wears Sunday afternoons. Guilty is guilty. If he played for Philly, you'd be first in line agreeing with me.

You know I'm right.

As usual, you are wrong and its quite easy to prove. Me, BKnight, XWalker and others had this discussion back in January before Hardy was ever declared a Free Agent - much less wearing a Dallas Uniform.

You could search on it easily but you won't. Because you have no interest in the facts of anything - just a blizzard of posts that let you pretend you have a moral superiority over other posters here. You never have and you never will.

Kaiser

Reaction score

You know I'm right.

By the way, when I said the "Hardy done hit that girl" crowd being in the shallow end of the pool, I meant the Gene Pool.

Rogah

Reaction score
As usual, you are wrong and its quite easy to prove. Me, BKnight, XWalker and others had this discussion back in January before Hardy was ever declared a Free Agent - much less wearing a Dallas Uniform.

You could search on it easily but you won't. Because you have no interest in the facts of anything - just a blizzard of posts that let you pretend you have a moral superiority over other posters here. You never have and you never will.
You support men who beat up women. I don't.

I will let the Good Lord judge which of us holds the morally superior position.