DMN Cowlishaw Blog: Cowboys' Crayton calls out (Aaron) Rodgers

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2177036 said:
Cowboys' Crayton calls out Rodgers

6:54 PM Tue, Aug 05, 2008 | Permalink
Tim Cowlishaw http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg News tips

Cowboys wide receiver Patrick Crayton likes the fact that the team's camp has been virtually free of controversy. And then he couldn't help himself.

"Green Bay, that's a soap opera,'' he said, referring to the ongoing Brett Favre saga. "It's shaking Aaron Rodgers, I don't care what they're saying.''

Then Crayton went on to urge the Packers to start Rodgers, not Favre, against Dallas on Sept. 21. When he was reminded that Rodgers played fairly well against the Cowboys when Favre was injured, Crayton said, "Did anyone have any film on him?

"Their defense had film on him for last week's scrimmage. How'd that go?''

Rodgers was 7-for-20 and booed by Packers fans in last week's Family Night scrimmage.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/images/ice3/icons/blog.gif Comments (1) Leave comment | TrackBack (0) | http://www.***BANNED-URL***/blogs/images/email-icon.jpg E-mail entry

Why exactly does Crayton keep calling out other teams' offensive players?

I think he needs to have a meeting with the defensive line so they can set him straight on "motivating" other teams' offenses.

Of course, maybe he's smart enough to not inspire anyone he's going against directly.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crayton's going to become a favorite of mine if he's not careful.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
gimmesix;2177080 said:
Why exactly does Crayton keep calling out other teams' offensive players?

I think he needs to have a meeting with the defensive line so they can set him straight on "motivating" other teams' offenses.

Of course, maybe he's smart enough to not inspire anyone he's going against directly.
I actually thought from the title that he was calling out Carlos Rogers... but that would make too much sense.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I guess he didn't learn from the "we marked our territory" comment after the second Giants game last year and his thoughts about the Giants' trashtalking before playing Dallas. Thanks Dr. Phil.

You would think Crayton would be a little more humble after his play in the playoffs last year. That comment still irks me. The Giants have a team full of trash talkers, and they talked the week of the playoff game. Nevertheless, big mouth (AKA Patrick Crayton) became the story of the "trash talk" angle of the third meeting. Strahan and the rest of them hung that comment around Crayton's neck and used it for motivation for the third game. Their team talked all week. Our team was quiet, but Crayton's Novemeber comments dominated the headlines leading up to the game.

Can someone tell this guy Alvin Harper made plays when it counted the most?

It is hard enough to win games, and this guy continues to spout off when it is not helpful.

At least Alvin Harper called his own shot in the Super Bowl.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
well thanks crayton. Dallas hasnt even been on the radar. now this will be on sportscenter.

Way to go. Marginal players shouldnt talk as much as he does.

Its old already and the season hasnt started yet. he should just worry about his own job.

Boysboy

Reaction score
theebs;2177103 said:
well thanks crayton. Dallas hasnt even been on the radar. now this will be on sportscenter.

Its old already and the season hasnt started yet. he should just worry about his own job.

If he wrecks our season, I'll break his neck myself.:banghead:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Rodgers did his best Brad Johnson impersonation against us -- his longest completion went a whole 12 yards downfield, and just three of them went more than 7 yards. He went 0-for-2 on passes more than 12 yards downfield.

That might work for three quarters against a team with a double-digit lead, but when you're a full-time starter, you'll have to throw at least medium-length passes every once in a while.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2177103 said:

250+ media credentials issued, nationally recognized superbowl contender, about to have the world watch behind the scenes action on HBO, but this team is under the radar? I don't think so.

It's funny, people are spazzing over him talking, but can they dispute what he said? Yeah there was a bit of smack talk involved, but for the most part, I think what he said was true.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2177112 said:
Rodgers did his best Brad Johnson impersonation against us -- his longest completion went a whole 12 yards downfield, and just three of them went more than 7 yards. He went 0-for-2 on passes more than 12 yards downfield.
Favre should have tried the same tactic in that game.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
crayton is a s#@# talker but the man made some good points about how we had no film on him

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tomson75;2177098 said:
I like him. He's got spunk.

He says what's on his mind, and he ticks off half the board who doesn't pay close attention to his play anyway. And he won't stop. What's not to like?

MrMom

Reaction score
theebs;2177103 said:

+1

crayton's a joke.