News: DMN: Ezekiel Elliott: 'I got to work on pressing my landmarks and being more patient'

Nav22

Reaction score
Nope. Zeke must have been misquoted. I don't buy it.

I was ASSURED by folks on this very board that Zeke simply had no chance for success Sunday, because the OL didn't do well enough and/or the Giants stacked the box all game!

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope. Zeke must have been misquoted. I don't buy it.

I was ASSURED by folks on this very board that Zeke simply had no chance for success Sunday, because the OL didn't do well enough and/or the Giants stacked the box all game!
I tend to believe it was a bit of both. Zeke played like the rookie he is and the OL played below their usual standard. Hopefully they both get it together..

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Although if he's not going to get rolling until the third game, it would be pretty cool if Morris gets most of his carries this week. I think he'd love to hang 150 on his old team.
That's if Morris is given the opportunity. I was sure when Zeke couldn't really get it going that they'd give Morris the rock some more. But they didn't.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's saying the right thing. The truth is his performance had more to do with the rookie QB than anything else. If a QB's presence on the field allows the defense to sell out on the run all game that QB is responsible for the ineffective run game.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
Zeke was on point on his Blitz pu's let me help him out there ! He was probably so amped for his first game Zeke will be fine

JDSmith

Reaction score
That's if Morris is given the opportunity. I was sure when Zeke couldn't really get it going that they'd give Morris the rock some more. But they didn't.

I thought the same thing, especially when Morris was having success. I'd sure love for him to get at least 10 or 12 touches a game, he's slippery.

kazzd58

Reaction score
got play in order to understand... simple he be alright Zeke rushed for more yards in his first game than Adrian Peterson..lol and it wasn't all Zekes fault tho

u saw the game..... The line got beat

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He's saying the right thing. The truth is his performance had more to do with the rookie QB than anything else. If a QB's presence on the field allows the defense to sell out on the run all game that QB is responsible for the ineffective run game.
I agree here.

Expecting smooth results with 2 rookies staring was overambitious.

Tom Landry said a starting rookie in the lineup will cost you a game a season.

So one down..one to go.

T-RO

Reaction score
Morris averages 5 yards a carry. Line didn't look bad when he was toting the rock. Too small of a sample size to make conclusions.

Just interesting.