News: DMN: Ezekiel Elliott: 'I got to work on pressing my landmarks and being more patient'

plymkr

Reaction score
Morris averages 5 yards a carry. Line didn't look bad when he was toting the rock. Too small of a sample size to make conclusions.

Just interesting.
Yeah Little Jerry made sure that we couldn't get a better sample size. I can take Dez dropping the TD pass, Beasely dropping the TD pass and several other passes, Dumbar and Twill not getting out of bounds; but the one thing I can't get over is taking Morris out after he was pounding them for 5 yards a pop. Just terrible, terrible coaching. No feel for the game, no game awareness, just stupid.

How can we as fans hold Dunbar and Twill accountable for not having situational awareness when the coach has no situational awareness and feel for the game? It's like watching this whole team without Romo and you asking yourself did anyone on this team play football before, or coach.

I guess when your coach is one six year mental mistake you have to give the players a little leeway on mental mistakes because like they say when in Rome act like the Romans. Or in the case when in Dallas act like one of those brainless windup monkey dolls that claps and make noise. That's all Little Jerry does. O and a side note, those windup little monkey dolls that clap and make noise used to terrify me as a little kid. I'd run away from the TV and hide when the commercial would come. There was a commercial for a movie called "Monkey Shines" that had one of those dolls in it and it still creeps me out to this day.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Nope. Zeke must have been misquoted. I don't buy it.

I was ASSURED by folks on this very board that Zeke simply had no chance for success Sunday, because the OL didn't do well enough and/or the Giants stacked the box all game!

Am I missing something? The OL was indeed poor

Nav22

Reaction score
Am I missing something? The OL was indeed poor
It sure was, for the most part.

But the #1 person to blame for Ezekiel Elliott's awful performance is Ezekiel Elliott. He showed zero vision or instincts.

There were Zeke apologists here trying to absolve him of any blame. It was adorable.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yeah Little Jerry made sure that we couldn't get a better sample size. I can take Dez dropping the TD pass, Beasely dropping the TD pass and several other passes, Dumbar and Twill not getting out of bounds; but the one thing I can't get over is taking Morris out after he was pounding them for 5 yards a pop. Just terrible, terrible coaching. No feel for the game, no game awareness, just stupid.

How can we as fans hold Dunbar and Twill accountable for not having situational awareness when the coach has no situational awareness and feel for the game? It's like watching this whole team without Romo and you asking yourself did anyone on this team play football before, or coach.

I guess when your coach is one six year mental mistake you have to give the players a little leeway on mental mistakes because like they say when in Rome act like the Romans. Or in the case when in Dallas act like one of those brainless windup monkey dolls that claps and make noise. That's all Little Jerry does. O and a side note, those windup little monkey dolls that clap and make noise used to terrify me as a little kid. I'd run away from the TV and hide when the commercial would come. There was a commercial for a movie called "Monkey Shines" that had one of those dolls in it and it still creeps me out to this day.

Garrett has been like this for as many years as I can recall. The best thing he can do is not call any plays at all and let Linehan do everything. The less he is involved with game planning and playcalling, the better our chances are in winning.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Morris averages 5 yards a carry. Line didn't look bad when he was toting the rock. Too small of a sample size to make conclusions.

Just interesting.

I don't think that there is any rationale for pulling him though, sample size notwithstanding.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
He's saying the right thing. The truth is his performance had more to do with the rookie QB than anything else. If a QB's presence on the field allows the defense to sell out on the run all game that QB is responsible for the ineffective run game.

Saw the exact same thing in the Minn/Tenn game. TENN sold out on stopping the run and AP got next to nothing because Hill was not considered a downfield threat.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
It sure was, for the most part.

But the #1 person to blame for Ezekiel Elliott's awful performance is Ezekiel Elliott. He showed zero vision or instincts.

There were Zeke apologists here trying to absolve him of any blame. It was adorable.

He was getting hit in the backfield on most of his runs. This isn't like a Trent Richardson situation there was legitimately no where to go unless you don't want to rewatch runs and pretend he was missing holes.

Craig

Reaction score
He was missing holes because he was hitting the line before they had a chance to open up. What do you think he meant when he said he had to be more patient?

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Judging from the way the Giants were stacking up in the middle when Zeke got the ball, I'd say they were super intent upon stopping him. Can't blame them for that, considering all the hype he's gotten as a highly awarded rookie in his initial start.

Anyhow, the Dallas O-line should make sure that the holes open up considerably better this week. With last week's performance lingering in their memories, it would surely be seen as pathetic if they fail to make a better showing in DC.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nope. Zeke must have been misquoted. I don't buy it.

I was ASSURED by folks on this very board that Zeke simply had no chance for success Sunday, because the OL didn't do well enough and/or the Giants stacked the box all game!

Patience really was his biggest issue. Morris did a great job of waiting on his blocks to see where the crease was while Elliott just blindly tried to run full steam through the defense. I was primarily disappointed in his lack of vision, which hopefully was only caused by his impatience.

Nav22

Reaction score
He was getting hit in the backfield on most of his runs. This isn't like a Trent Richardson situation there was legitimately no where to go unless you don't want to rewatch runs and pretend he was missing holes.
You couldn't be more wrong. Rewatch his carries.

Holes were tough to come by but he rarely was hit in the backfield. Some vision, patience and instincts would've helped. He looked like Julius Jones.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
If Romo was in they would not have stacked the box like that and if they did all you would have heard was

KILL KILL KILL

Then Romo would have shredded them till they backed off

Dak will get their I'm not worried

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
You couldn't be more wrong. Rewatch his carries.

Holes were tough to come by but he rarely was hit in the backfield. Some vision, patience and instincts would've helped. He looked like Julius Jones.

He was not rarely hit in the backfield, just look at how many times he was brought down by a dlineman

DFWJC

Reaction score
Well, at least it sounds like the coaches are explaining to him in the film room what we saw in the all 22.
Easier said than done in this mixed zone blocking scheme.
It does take some getting used to.
Morris is already experienced at it and it shows, but Zeke will get there soon enough.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Zeke hide very talented is a rookie. I think he was over hyped to prove a point. The good thing is he knows what he did wrong and has the smarts to correct it. That being said he still got a TD and that was great to see in the redzone.