DMN/FWST Blog: Practice report: The Valley Ranch Circus is running strong

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Walker;2459560 said:
No, its if we win then wade got lucky. However, if we lose then its wade's fault.

So I take it then that you think he's doing a great job and want him back next year?

Just to be clear.

MONT17

Reaction score
LOL at Jerry for building suites at the Ranch... someone tell him there is an offseason for that. Oh wait a minute i forgot he needs the cash! while GMs r building teams Jerry builds stands... stands... and more stands.

If Jerry makes a deal where his Cowboys can play 2 games a year in LA will He have to split the money with AL Davis until Davis decides to do the same... Dallas/Las Angeles Cowboys has a nice ring to it!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
stasheroo;2459565 said:
So I take it then that you think he's doing a great job and want him back next year?

Just to be clear.

If he continues to win, then yes I do think he's doing a good job. As reported this is not out of the ordinary. This 'circus' has taken place since last season. As far as wanting him back next year that would have to wait until the end of the season once we can see what the team accomplished (playoff wins, superbowl etc.)

MONT17

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2459518 said:
So, the Giants allow Burress to never practice, then put him on a 4 game timout when he wouldn't be physically ready to play anyway and they are the model for team managment. Good to know that Owens missing one practice is sign 5424 that Parcells is no longer here. I'm really tired of Dallas media.

the media reflects the city... and unless this team wins Super Bowls the media will always be on Jerrys version of the Cowboys.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Even Belichick is known to give his vets the day off of practice every now and then.

This is nothing-let's move on.

MrMom

Reaction score
theogt;2459531 said:
Oh, good. So if we win, it was obvious it was the right decision and if we lose it's obvious it was a poor decision.

That makes sense.

Yeah, it does.

If we come out on Sun. looking flat, unprepared, sloppy, etc. then Wade obviously mishandled practices. How a head coach prepares his team throughout a week of practice usually correlates on Sundays.

Boysboy

Reaction score
MrMom;2459612 said:
Yeah, it does.

If we come out on Sun. looking flat, unprepared, sloppy, etc. then Wade obviously mishandled practices. How a head coach prepares his team throughout a week of practice usually correlates on Sundays.

Didn't they practice on Mon and Tues?

This isn't any other regular week where players have off on Mon and Tues-after the Thurs game, they went to report to work immediately on Mon.

Wow-I'm shocked by all these chicken little reactions.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Walker;2459593 said:
If he continues to win, then yes I do think he's doing a good job. As reported this is not out of the ordinary. This 'circus' has taken place since last season. As far as wanting him back next year that would have to wait until the end of the season once we can see what the team accomplished (playoff wins, superbowl etc.)

Oh.

I'm on the other side of the fence.

I think when this team does win, it's on sheer talent and despite Phillips.

And I feel it's just a matter of time vefore they miss the playoffs and he's gone.

WG5516

Reaction score
Come on now guys. A lot of coaches give their veteran guys days off. As far as the other stuff, I have no comment.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
MrMom;2459612 said:
Yeah, it does.

How dare you judge decisions on the results of those decisions!

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
MrMom;2459612 said:
Yeah, it does.

As long as we're both clear that you didn't know before-hand whether it was a good idea.

On that same note, since you don't really know whether it's a good idea or not now, what makes you think you could draw a causal connection between this, whatever it is, and winning or losing, after the fact?

Dodger12

Reaction score
theogt;2459629 said:
As long as we're both clear that you didn't know before-hand whether it was a good idea.

On that same note, since you don't really know whether it's a good idea or not now, what makes you think you could draw a causal connection between this, whatever it is, and winning or losing, after the fact?

:huh: This sounds like one of them tricky LSAT questions that only a lawyer could answer......:)

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2459618 said:
over-reaction nation strikes again!

We'll see.

This team was 5-4 and on life support 3 weeks ago using this same 'laid back' approach.

Now that they've won a few, it's back to business as usual.

The patsy part of the schedule is over.

If they're not prepared and focused, these next 4 teams will clean their clocks.

Plumfool

Reaction score
Boysboy;2459616 said:
Didn't they practice on Mon and Tues?

This isn't any other regular week where players have off on Mon and Tues-after the Thurs game, they went to report to work immediately on Mon.

Wow-I'm shocked by all these chicken little reactions.

Yea they did practice on a day that they normally dont (monday). But still the sky is falling:rolleyes:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Plumfool;2459637 said:
Yea they did practice on a day that they normally dont (monday). But still the sky is falling:rolleyes:

Both Corgan and ImanRoshi will be saying this is all TO's doing...Book it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stasheroo;2459636 said:
We'll see.

This team was 5-4 and on life support 3 weeks ago using this same 'laid back' approach.

Now that they've won a few, it's back to business as usual.

The patsy part of the schedule is over.

If they're not prepared and focused, these next 4 teams will clean their clocks.
You referring to the same approach used during the bye week leading up to those 3 consecutive wins? Wade was criticized for that and how did it work out?

It'd sound silly to say we won those games because of that approach, but you can take it to the bank that if we'd lost won, people would be attributing the loss to it.

bigE79

Reaction score
I guess no one heard that while practicing outside today BR hurt his knee slipping in the mud...fyi