DMN/FWST Blog: Tank sitting out practice (Expected to Play)...Practice Report

joseephuss

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2285818 said:
When he starts doing something other than putting up three tackles a game on average, we'll talk.

Never has a man carried his past reputation so far past his current worth.

He put up more than a 3 tackle a game average last season and was bashed.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2285844 said:
So says you. The practice report in the OP discussed several injured players, all of whom had been seen around the facility with the exception of Roy.

But the news article was solely on Tank(and concerns that his injured ankle may not heal in time for this week's game). The other stuff in there was secondary.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Boysboy;2285847 said:
But the news article was solely on Tank(and concerns that his injured ankle may not heal in time for this week's game). The other stuff in there was secondary.

Who are you to decide what's primary and secondary? It was all part of the OP. If you could, would you please let me know what sections of each post I'm allowed to discuss and which are off limits? :laugh2:

BTW, I wasn't the first to bring up Roy's name, AbeBeta was. But he had good reason to.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2285842 said:
So because they hadn't seen him, you read that he's being a bad teammate? I'm not sure I can reach that far to get to that conclusion.

Could it be, they just hadn't seen him? With no hidden meaning?

Sorry, I take note of the fact that they had seen every other player at some point or another. I suppose it is a reach -- but isn't suggesting that there is nothing to it also a reach? Because in reality, neither one of us knows.

It just seems strange that the media reps had seen or talked to everyone else.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Boysboy;2285838 said:
So am I - but he's stuck on our team, so what else can we do? We either accept it and move on, or keep wasting our time whining about it.

So being critical of how a player is performing is "whining" about it? Funny, I've seen any number of posters being critical of parts of Tony Romo's game, despite the fact that, you know, he is actually playing at a very high level.

Go talk to them about the whining.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2285818 said:
When he starts doing something other than putting up three tackles a game on average, we'll talk.

Never has a man carried his past reputation so far past his current worth.

Jerry Rice in Seattle and Denver.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboys2233;2285854 said:
Sorry, I take note of the fact that they had seen every other player at some point or another. I suppose it is a reach -- but isn't suggesting that there is nothing to it also a reach? Because in reality, neither one of us knows.

It just seems strange that the media reps had seen or talked to everyone else.
I don't consider suggesting there being nothing to it a reach. They said they hadn't seen him since the surgery. Just sounds like an update on Roy's status.

Thinking uber positively or super negative about it makes it all a reach.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2285867 said:
I don't consider suggesting there being nothing to it a reach. They said they hadn't seen him since the surgery. Just sounds like an update on Roy's status.

Thinking uber positively or super negative about it makes it all a reach.

I'm just saying, it's possible he was abducted by aliens and had his lifeforce stolen. Wouldn't you look silly! ;)

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
4 years, 25.2 million dollars. For arguably the 20th best player on our team.

Granted, the hatred is blind for Roy most of the time - but the man is soaking up a lot of cash. Getting paid like that, for the effort he puts in - is a just cause for any fan to get angry. He's lazy, and not too smart - great combo.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2285807 said:
Or how about just supporting your team? His absence says a lot.

The damage is already done, and he knows it. He might as well stay home and pet poodles.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
cowboys2233;2285828 said:
That's why I would be a far better GM than most of you.

:lmao:

Aren't you the guy that threw a tissy fit after your first post got merged?

And then proceeded to tell the entire forum how stupid they were?

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2285797 said:
doing mental reps as your replacements play, etc.

And those "mental reps" are what...

1) See ball carrier. GET BALL CARRIER!
2) See QB. GET QB!
3) Practice over.
??

;)

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2285812 said:
And remember that the media is only allowed to see the first 10-20 minutes of practice. No guarantee he doesn't come out afterwards.

Soooo, you're saying Roy's like a groundhog?

:D

AbeBeta

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2285842 said:
So because they hadn't seen him, you read that he's being a bad teammate? I'm not sure I can reach that far to get to that conclusion.

Could it be, they just hadn't seen him? With no hidden meaning?

That certainly could be the case.

However, there is a pattern here -- missing voluntary OTAs (recall some players called him out for it), being characterized as a player who is not as devoted as he should be, failing to take a leadership role, etc.

We don't know what the absence -- if it even is one -- means. However, it is reasonable to interpret that absence as consistent with criticisms of Roy. And frankly, when current behavior seems consistent with past behavior you don't get the benefit of the doubt in most circles.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;2285899 said:
And those "mental reps" are what...

1) See ball carrier. GET BALL CARRIER!
2) See QB. GET QB!
3) Practice over.
??

;)

Those mental reps are knowing what your role is in each play. Knowing where you need to be and where you need to go depending on what the O does. For a player who has been criticized for not having the strongest mental grasp of the game, reps of that sort can be very helpful.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AbeBeta;2285918 said:
That certainly could be the case.

However, there is a pattern here -- missing voluntary OTAs (recall some players called him out for it), being characterized as a player who is not as devoted as he should be, failing to take a leadership role, etc.

We don't know what the absence -- if it even is one -- means. However, it is reasonable to interpret that absence as consistent with criticisms of Roy. And frankly, when current behavior seems consistent with past behavior you don't get the benefit of the doubt in most circles.
I was going to respond to this, point-by-point, but I'm just not sure it's worth the effort. Not knocking you, but him not being seen by reporters could be something or it could be nothing. I see it as nothing. You see it as something.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2285924 said:
mental reps? lol

the Roy-bashing has reached a new level of ridiculousness

We were 13-4 with him last year(no, he had nothing to do with our playoff loss). We're 2-0 with him(would have been 3-0 either way).

Yeah-we may have some weaknesses, but at least we're winning for now. So I'm happy.