DMN/FWST Blog: Updated: Newman bothered by groin...sits out practice

StylisticS

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2433566 said:
Has there ever been a team that has suffered more injuries not playing than this team?

We escaped it all year up until the last few weeks of the season. It's been with us ever since.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I wonder if these guys even warm up or stretch before going at it.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I'm telling you right now, Newman will be out for a month.

With the way things have been going and the piss poor disclosure of injuries, Newman is not going to play until the last couple weeks of the season.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
dadymat;2433599 said:
i fear this is how it is gonna be with T New from here on....last 2 seasons 1 injury after another for him.........

Durability is certainly a question with him.

He looks like he's wound real tight. Guys like that (former receiver Doug Donley comes to mind) always seem to have a muscle strain of some sort.

Smith22

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2433608 said:

With the way things have been going and the piss poor reporting disclosure of injuries, Newman is not going to play until the last couple weeks of the season.

Considering we play Sunday and again on Thursday, he easily could miss the next 2 games.

We can only hope that the Cowboys are taking the cautious approach and that he is ok.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2433608 said:

With the way things have been going and the piss poor reporting disclosure of injuries, Newman is not going to play until the last couple weeks of the season.
Thank you, Dr. Hoofbite.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2433638 said:
Well, I suppose we could just join in hands and wish for the best.
Better than talking out of our lower orifices, no?

juck

Reaction score
Unreal this guy just cannot stay on the field.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
theogt;2433646 said:
Well, at least we have Pacman back.

not for 2 weeks in a game and do you really think hes going to be even as good as he was right before he got suspeneded this season?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2433642 said:
Better than talking out of our lower orifices, no?

Both will probably get us to the same place.

Oh and speaking of talking from the rear, nice call on that Steelers thread the other day.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2433649 said:
Both will probably get us to the same place.

Oh and speaking of talking from the rear, nice call on that Steelers thread the other day.
Me: The Steelers are losing, 7-0.

Fact:The Steelers were losing, 7-0.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
This is just getting beyond stupid. I realise injuries happen but come on! He just got back from a groin injury and now he's going to possibly miss sunday with another groin problem?

Something isn't right about all that.

Smith22

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2433654 said:
This is just getting beyond stupid. I realise injuries happen but come on! He just got back from a groin injury and now he's going to possibly miss sunday with another groin problem?

Something isn't right about all that.

I have zero faith in our medical staff. I can only imagine how the players feel...........

Hoofbite

Reaction score
windward;2433653 said:
Me: The Steelers are losing, 7-0.

Fact:The Steelers were losing, 7-0.

I was commenting on the fact that you would even make a generalized statement about the quality of the Steelers D based on the 1st quarter of a game. Given their season long performance, to jump to a conclusion during the 1st quarter of a game seems a little "fartish", wouldn't you say?

hendog

Reaction score
I would sit Tnew and play Pac. His suspension is up from the commish it's up to us when he plays again. All this about playbook retention and physical shape is just a bunch of BS anyway.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Hoofbite;2433666 said:
I was commenting on the fact that you would even make a generalized statement about the quality of the Steelers D based on the 1st quarter of a game. Given their season long performance, to jump to a conclusion during the 1st quarter of a game seems a little "fartish", wouldn't you say?
I was ashing on the Steelers admittedly.

It's what Cowboys fans do for fun, sometimes.

Did you not get the memo?