News: DMN: Gosselin: Why I'm hesitant to crown Cowboys NFC's best right now

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There is no complete team in the NFC at this point.

Atlanta has a defense that's worse than the Cowboys and the Vikings have a pathetic offense.

As far as TOP vs. the Eagles, if Dak had been a little more accurate and the offensive play calling a little more skewed to the running game then the Cowboys would have dominated that easily. Too many 3 & outs.

romothesavior

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with hesitating to get too high on them, because it is a long season and we've got a long way to go.

But to not acknowledge that they are unquestionably the best team in the NFC right now, on this date, is pretty silly.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I want people to keep doubting the Cowboys. I haven't been a big fan of Garrett up to this year, but he's doing a good job keeping these guys grounded. I haven't seen a young and hungry team like this in Dallas since the 90s. I want them to play with a chip on their shoulders and feel disrespected every game so I like it when I read things like this.....

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
He's not even hesitant, the title is there to get people to read. The word hesitant was used by a reader in his/her question, all he really said is the Cowboys have some competition - which they do.

This. Every team in the NFC is flawed including the Cowboys.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I could care less if Gosselin crowns us...

Our record crowns us the NFC's best team and that gives us the simplest road to the Superbowl.

Dallas is currently the #1 seed and the Vikings loss last night was niiiiiice.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think the Cowboys are the NFC's unquestioned best team? I'm hesitant ...
1242225474_attempting_to_give_a_damn.gif

Sorry Goose but you still aren't relevant.

Proof

Reaction score
I think Dallas had the best offense in the league. Atlanta is putting up bigger numbers and is certainly explosive, but Dallas controls the ball and imposes their will. I also have no doubt they could open it up and run it up with the best of them if necessary.

robjay04

Reaction score
I believe I saw a tweet from a Philly writer saying the division race is basically over. If Dallas beats the browns, they can stumble down the stretch, go 4-4 and finish 11-5. 11-5 wins the division.

Sydla

Reaction score
Who cares if you let the Eagles complete 32 passes when they were held to 200 yards and were throwing 4 yard passes all day. They treat passes like most teams treat running the ball.

This guy gets attention by going against the grain.

Troll.

32 passes for only 200 yards.

Normally, guys completing 32 passes are amassing big yardage. If the Eagles want to dink and dunk their way through the next game, fine by me. I think that plays into our strengths. I fear the team that attacks us vertically.

landroverking

Reaction score
IMO the reason Goose is wrong is the schedule

Both teams could go 0-4 over the next four games as both Philly & Washington have contenders the next few weeks.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
I could care less if Gosselin crowns us...

Our record crowns us the NFC's best team and that gives us the simplest road to the Superbowl.

Dallas is currently the #1 seed and the Vikings loss last night was niiiiiice.

You mean you "Couldn't" care less. When you say could.. that means there is more for you to care. Couldn't means there isn't any further you can care.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
I want people to keep doubting the Cowboys. I haven't been a big fan of Garrett up to this year, but he's doing a good job keeping these guys grounded. I haven't seen a young and hungry team like this in Dallas since the 90s. I want them to play with a chip on their shoulders and feel disrespected every game so I like it when I read things like this.....
I agree. They are a young team and I think they were reading some press clippings over the bye and certainly had some rust against Philli. It will be interesting to see how they come out and play against Cleveland. If they stomp the Browns, we're right back in the saddle and could go on a nice roll. Not to discount the opponent but as long as Zeke is healthy, this team can roll.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Heck you didn't even see them Sunday.