News: DMN: Gosselin: Why I'm hesitant to crown Cowboys NFC's best right now

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
At this point, there is no dominant team. Let's see how it plays out in next 4-6 weeks. I did not see 6-1. I figured 8-8.

Right now, the playoff teams are:

Cowboys
Falcons
Packers
Seahawks
Vikings or Skins
Eagles or Skins

By the way, was last time Cowboys were 7-1 in 2007? I think they were 12-1 at one point, ending 13-3.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
At this point, there is no dominant team. Let's see how it plays out in next 4-6 weeks. I did not see 6-1. I figured 8-8.

Right now, the playoff teams are:

Cowboys
Falcons
Packers
Seahawks
Vikings or Skins
Eagles or Skins

By the way, was last time Cowboys were 7-1 in 2007? I think they were 12-1 at one point, ending 13-3.
I mean there is. One of those teams has two more wins than the three teams listed below. Do you need me to draw you a map?

sean10mm

Reaction score
The entire NFL looks weak honestly. You have the Patriots with Brady in full kill 'em all mode like it was 2007, but all the other teams look grossly imbalanced in some way.

AFC: Steelers are injured as hell, Denver has no offense, Oakland has no defense, Cincy and Baltimore are just crapping themselves
NFC: Minnesota and Seattle have no offense, Falcons have no defense, Green Bay and Arizona are in death spirals

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
I think Dallas had the best offense in the league. Atlanta is putting up bigger numbers and is certainly explosive, but Dallas controls the ball and imposes their will. I also have no doubt they could open it up and run it up with the best of them if necessary.
The Patriots have a better offense than ghe cowboys I think . I young the Cowboys are probably 2, and when healthy the Steelers are 3, with the falcons close as well . The Pats offense is just beastly

Proof

Reaction score
The Patriots have a better offense than ghe cowboys I think . I young the Cowboys are probably 2, and when healthy the Steelers are 3, with the falcons close as well . The Pats offense is just beastly

Yeah, guess I got ahead of myself and should have said I think the Cowboys have a better offense than Atlanta

ringmaster

Reaction score
The entire NFL looks weak honestly. You have the Patriots with Brady in full kill 'em all mode like it was 2007, but all the other teams look grossly imbalanced in some way.

AFC: Steelers are injured as hell, Denver has no offense, Oakland has no defense, Cincy and Baltimore are just crapping themselves
NFC: Minnesota and Seattle have no offense, Falcons have no defense, Green Bay and Arizona are in death spirals
That is what parity can do in some ways is a good thing to level the playing field for all teams 28 teams with the exception of the Jaguars, Browns, Texans, and the Lions has played in at least one Super Bowl and with the products teams put on the field this season is the reason the ratings have declined there are really no complete teams in the NFL anymore thanks to parity over the last few decades the Patriots is what some would consider a complete team but they even have issues as well and that will be their oline.

Tom [Giants fan]

Reaction score
I love how this guy doesn't even mention the Giants. That's okay, the Giants can remain unimportant.

T-RO

Reaction score
I could care less if Gosselin crowns us...

Our record crowns us the NFC's best team and that gives us the simplest road to the Superbowl.

Dallas is currently the #1 seed and the Vikings loss last night was niiiiiice.

Last time I checked there aren't any crowns given out half-way through a season.

The Cowboys are the best of a very mediocre conference right now.

I agree but it's just not worth getting caught up in assessments right now. If we'd lost that game Sunday night--and if any of a dozen things go slightly different we would have...we'd not be so giddy.

Keep it real.

ringmaster

Reaction score
I love how this guy doesn't even mention the Giants. That's okay, the Giants can remain unimportant.
The one thing that this idiot left out is that the NFC East may be the best division now surprisingly over the North, South, and the West imo the Giants have a much better pass rush than everyone else in the East and that could pay off down the stretch as you a Giants fan know all too well because that is how they got their last two SB wins and being the Patriots kryptonite so as a Cowboys fan they will not be taken lightly by me see you in December.

Derinyar

Reaction score
Right now it looks like they are. Mostly because several teams have a great/putrid setup. The Seahawks have a great defense and putrid offense. Same is true for the Cards and Vikings. The Falcons have a great offense and a putrid defense. We have a great offense paired with an average defense, which feels about like what the Pats are throwing out there right now.

As far as the Eagles completing 32 passes, if that offensive scheme doesn't have that level of completion % then its entirely irrelevant. Its a 3 yard passing offense. If they get massively froggy on a play it might travel 10 in the air down field. On those passes you should complete that many passes. 6.3 yards per completion and 4.8 yards per attempt are terrible numbers. If we hadn't given them help their offense doesn't do much with those numbers, because any mistake kills a drive.

jnday

Reaction score
There is no complete team in the NFC at this point.

Atlanta has a defense that's worse than the Cowboys and the Vikings have a pathetic offense.

As far as TOP vs. the Eagles, if Dak had been a little more accurate and the offensive play calling a little more skewed to the running game then the Cowboys would have dominated that easily. Too many 3 & outs.
It seems to me that the offense would have thrived while the Eagles was blitzing. A few three step drops and throwing some short , quick passes would have stopped the blitz or the defrnseceiuld have paid for it. Eli and the Giants have used those types of plays to burn the Dallas defense over the years and I think we should have used those plays on the Eagles.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems to me that the offense would have thrived while the Eagles was blitzing. A few three step drops and throwing some short , quick passes would have stopped the blitz or the defrnseceiuld have paid for it. Eli and the Giants have used those types of plays to burn the Dallas defense over the years and I think we should have used those plays on the Eagles.

I agree.

SF dined on the blitz for years using a 3-step drop and the slant pattern.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sure glad we've got Anthony Brown to help fill in for the loss of Claiborne this year. Otherwise, it'd be really tough to maintain that level.