News: DMN: Gosselin: Why the only QB I'd consider signing off the street would be Tim Tebow

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We have our own version of Tebow, his name is Dak Prescott, and he isn't much better than Tebow

Tebow has things you can't measure and that is why he just wins.

Coaches get caught up when someone can't run their crappy offense but here in Dallas we know our offense sucks so you might as well have a guy that finds ways to win in spite of his lack of skills.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Moronic thought normally, but even more idiotic now he is being touted for baseball by Sheffield.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I love me some Tebow and wouldn't be at all upset if we signed him.
Having said this, I can never forget the 2/8 and 6/22 in games against KC. That's simply horrendous.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Correction. He won. Failed miserably in New York and New England.

He never played in the regular season for a stretch of games to prove that. He was just booted off the team because he didn't look the part in practice and pre-season.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Tebow has things you can't measure and that is why he just wins.

Coaches get caught up when someone can't run their crappy offense but here in Dallas we know our offense sucks so you might as well have a guy that finds ways to win in spite of his lack of skills.

Tebow won on a stacked Florida team in College and because the Broncos top notch defense that created turnovers and stopped teams on third down and his playoff win came as a result of a Pittsburgh team that had 7 starters on defense out with injury....The guy can't throw,!!!

RS12

Reaction score
Gosselin: Why the only QB I'd consider signing off the street would be Tim Tebow

Why? Did the league create a new roster position for a motivational speaker?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
This article should be the reason why people never bring Gosselin articles over here anymore.

LOL.
...and when they do, not many people read them. I just do not care for his stuff.

LandryFan

Reaction score
If you think about who's available at this very moment, he wouldn't be worse than any of those guys[/B]...
Which is why the Cowboys brass is standing pat, at the moment.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Tebow won on a stacked Florida team in College and because the Broncos top notch defense that created turnovers and stopped teams on third down and his playoff win came as a result of a Pittsburgh team that had 7 starters on defense out with injury....The guy can't throw,!!!

Im not going to argue about Tebow anymore. It's pointless.

My stance is the guy just wins. Can he throw? No. But guys who can supposedly throw somehow still suck in Dallas so it doesn't always matter.

He's a leader and makes clutch plays late in games. That's more than anyone we've trotted out there has shown.

I'm glad our backups know all the reads and can throw a little. It really has served our backups well.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score

Broncos did not have a top notch D when Tebow played. Elway didn't put that dominating D together until 2nd or 3rd year of Manning era.

LandryFan

Reaction score
He never played in the regular season for a stretch of games to prove that. He was just booted off the team because he didn't look the part in practice and pre-season.
Catch is to Tebow what Floaty is to Moore...:)

John813

Reaction score
would rather of had him last season than the hot mess of QBs we had.......wins trump stats and a couple early wins could've given Romo a couple more weeks of recovery and a decent shot to make the playoffs.

Right, because Tebow and his amazing talent would of done even better with a broken Dez, Ghost Williams and Ghost Beasley. He had Royal, Thomas and Decker as his receivers in Denver.

Could he been better? Dunno. His stats say otherwise.

A team wins or loses based off the overall play of the team. We didn't win last year due to a poor offense, and a defense that couldn't generate turnovers. Of course our poor play at QB hurt quite a bit. You think the defense would respected Tebow at QB? Sure, they would have to count on him scrambling, but passing? With our receivers last year? LOL

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Broncos did not have a top notch D when Tebow played. Elway didn't put that dominating D together until 2nd or 3rd year of Manning era.

He averaged 69 yards passing yards per game in his three years there......defense won their games not Tebow

Reaction score
Right, because Tebow and his amazing talent would of done even better with a broken Dez, Ghost Williams and Ghost Beasley. He had Royal, Thomas and Decker as his receivers in Denver.

Could he been better? Dunno. His stats say otherwise.

A team wins or loses based off the overall play of the team. We didn't win last year due to a poor offense, and a defense that couldn't generate turnovers. Of course our poor play at QB hurt quite a bit. You think the defense would respected Tebow at QB? Sure, they would have to count on him scrambling, but passing? With our receivers last year? LOL

I guess we can both play hypotheticals all day long but in the end, I can't imagine Tebow playing any worse. I could even see him bring a spark to the team compared to the flat-liners we fielded

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Ok Tebow Blows. But the bigger question is do you think this coaching staff could put in a game plan to take advantage of the strengths of any other QB not named Romo..

DFWJC

Reaction score
Gosselin baffles me sometimes.

Anyway, the word is that Tebow is perusing a career in baseball.
You read that right.