News: DMN: Is Mo Claiborne's resurgence real or just a product of not facing elite WRs?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Kate Hairopoulos recently held a chat to talk all things Dallas Cowboys. Here are some highlights:
Do you think this Mo Claiborne resurgence is real or just a product of not facing the elite receivers? Will he see time opposite A.J. Green?
Wow....OBJ, Cruz and Shepherd; Jackson and Garcon; Jeffries and White; Torrey Smith......If he's only calling the top 3-4 guys in the league elite, okay, but that's a pretty good list of receivers, and our guys play left and right, so the offense determines who matches up where.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Claiborne has played well, and his preparation shows in his body language on the field. If he stays healthy, I suspect he'll keep playing well. Imagine if we had any sort of a pass rush?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The big thing is that he's tackling well and making some tackles with authority. I just don't think you can be an effective corner in today's game with the short/quick passes if you can't tackle. And he's actually looking like a good tackling corner. I still have some issues with him fighting off blocks, but the tackling is quite respectable. And with that, teams can't throw short/quick passes against you anymore and they have to throw it deep and it gives you a chance to intercept some passes. I think there was some separation on the interception, but you tend to see that in the NFL when it comes to INT's. You just can't allow the QB to make an easy throw. If they make a mistake...the CB has to take advantage of it.

YR

Tackling has always been one of my biggest criticisms of Mo as well. That said, he showed up in that area against the 49ers and in other games this season more than I can remember him doing at any point in his career.