News: DMN: Jerry Jones: Jaylon Smith experiencing rejuvenated feeling regarding nerve in injured knee

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I'm not sure what is more embarrassing. Jerry and his ever running mouth

Or fans who believed that a player that has never even put on pads at the NFL level would replace one of our starting LBers for the last 2 games of the season+playoffs.

I said at the time this nonsense was being tossed around....if the players that have been playing all year....that have been in the NFL multiple years....can be replaced by a guy who has never even made a tackle in a NFL practice...let alone a game....then the scouts, coaches and current players on this roster are not worth 2 cents.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Do you think we could of gotten J Smith in a later round or were other teams ready to snag him in the second ? Im thinking it would have been a lessor gamble to try and get him in the third round. Who do you think we would have on the team right now had we selected a diff. player.

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Im really happy he isn't going to play this year. Let him redshirt, no need to push him. cant wait to hear about him in OTAs and training camp.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Nobody has been more positive about Jaylon Smith's knee injury than Jerry Jones.
The Cowboys owner and general manager had more positive words to share Tuesday morning, the same day the team placed the rookie linebacker on the season ending injured reserve.

"We decided that it wasn't worth a continued observation and continued looking for Jaylon Smith to get to where he could really help us this year," Jones said of the decision on 105.3 The Fan's Shan and RJ show [KRLD-FM]. "We actually have almost two months before we would play in the ultimate game that if he were ready we'd like to have him."

Smith has been seen often working out around the team's practice facility. However, he's still waiting for the nerve in his surgically-repaired left knee to recover.

Jones said Tuesday that Smith has experienced signs of recovery.

"He does have the kind of feeling, the kind of rejuvenated, I'll use that word, feeling regarding his nerve," Jones said. "He is seeing those things that doctors really place a high value on, and plus just how he has established his work ethic, his rehab.

"He's been just a complete focused, real overachiever. And, of course, we know what kind of football player he is. He's arguably one of the better ones in the whole draft. He's a cornerstone for us for the future. And I feel real good about the future.

"As a matter of fact, if we weren't just forced to, I wouldn't put him on inactive today. But it does not make sense to give up a player that we know will be there to help us."

Continue reading...
Ol' Jerry sure has a lot of nerve to start this back up...now if we can just get Jaylon to have as much nerve...

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I'm intrigued you seem to know the intimate details of his health status and prognosis for recovery as if you're privy to Jaylon's medical files and performed in-person examinations of him.

I do believe there is something to be said about our team doctor having done the surgery. But we also know that other teams' medical doctors examined Jaylon as well and came very different conclusions. Are we to believe these actual physicians practicing in the field aren't knowledgable of the timeline and recovery of this type of injury as a student who has looked at the subject for two semesters?

What do you mean when you say "all or nothing pattern?" Do you mean to say that if his nerve re-fires that he will have 100% functionality restored?

Is that right?

Why must you feel the need to crap on people? I get the feeling that you have severe self-worth issues. I could be wrong, but i can't recall you ever contributing anything positive to a discussion here. Seems your only goal is to see what kind of crap you can stir. You need to grow up a little.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I decided a den of segregationists and far right wingers was not a place I wanted to frequent. When you guys started telling me you knew where I lived and had better be careful I had enough.

You still hold a grudge I see.
Okay thanks, just miss your delightful presence there. Have a nice day. :)

RS12

Reaction score
The beat writers havent been nearly as positive as Jerry about it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Why must you feel the need to crap on people? I get the feeling that you have severe self-worth issues. I could be wrong, but i can't recall you ever contributing anything positive to a discussion here. Seems your only goal is to see what kind of crap you can stir. You need to grow up a little.

You feel that post post was "crapping on people?"

Smh, feel free to join the "CalPoly hurt my feelings" support group.

I think the sponsors are handing out free comforting hugs.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
This kid will definitely play next year. It will be so exciting to see him terrorize offenses along with Lee next year.