News: DMN: Jerry Jones: Jaylon Smith experiencing rejuvenated feeling regarding nerve in injured knee

gmoney112

Reaction score
I decided a den of segregationists and far right wingers was not a place I wanted to frequent. When you guys started telling me you knew where I lived and had better be careful I had enough.

You still hold a grudge I see.

I wish somebody would.

CapnCook

Reaction score
Doctorate Program in Physical Therapy taking elective courses in neurological/nerve rehab. I've been practicing and interpreting nerve conduction studies, electromyography and nerve regeneration for the past 2 semesters. Pretty cool stuff.

Then again it takes the worry away from Jaylon. There is only one type of nerve injury (potentially a second) that would prevent a full recovery in Jaylon under 2 years.Both of these nerve injury types would be easily identifiable by the surgeon on Jaylon.

A nerve fires, in an "all or nothing" pattern. It will either fire, or it won't. So Jerry is still hyping it up. There is no "kind of firing" .

He will be able to fire his nerve soon. Very similiar to the roots of a plant, the nerve will regenerate its axon (the root) and then regenerate its myelin (the covering over the axon) , then all will be good. It just is a matter of time before it happens, but it will happen.

He will be able to run just as fast as before, but he will need to practice turning the muscle on and off through timing/activation training in the offseason, so any hope of the superbowl is doubtful.

Excellent. Thanks for the perspective.

I respect your not adding the salt to the embarrassing wound in your reply, too ;)

gmoney112

Reaction score
You wish someone would threaten him?

Haha no. The internet really sucks for context.I meant I wish someone would threaten me like that or try and come to my house because they got offended over the internet.

Sometimes I say things in my head when I type, thinking my delivery carried over in text form. damn you internet!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Knock off the political talk.

It's a shame this topic can't be discussed seriously without it degrading into a slap fight. There's enough information out there and enough smart people in here for it to be a good topic of discussion. Please try to keep it on topic and moving forward, everybody.